Question about channels

• Hello, I've recently joined to try out this game. I've made a character, but I can't seem to join any of the channels, despite one of them saying not busy. I was wondering if there was a step I was missing in this process, or if it was just an unfortunate consequence of the game being early in development?

• First of all, welcome!

Secondly, there are some known issues with the channels that the powers that be are currently working on. Channel 2 will dance between "Not Busy" and "Offline" and is not to be trusted. The only Channel open right now is Channel 0, but is very full. It's just the nature of a game in Pre-Beta stages.

Keep trying and you'll get in. Just be patient and enjoy getting acquainted with the forums :)

In game, look for the man-child rapscallion, Jacobus!*

*(Unfortunately I rarely pay attention to the chat windows so I apologize in advance if I "ignore" you)

• I also just downloaded DBO. I was really excited to play, but had several errors while installing the game. After working through them all, I finally got the game started. It took almost 2 hours to get registered for everything and to get all files working properly (watched lots of youtube videos and read lots of threads).

The character creation feature is fun to play with-- lots of options. Unfortunately, however, this is the extent of gameplay that I have gotten to experience. Nearly 2 hours invested in attaining DBO, and I cannot even get past the character screen. There is 1 channel that says "not busy", but I can't seem to join it. I understand the nature of Beta testing, but for all my time and effort (not being a computer guru, I had to burn some brain cells to get this to work) I ended up with a game that I can't even play. Disappointing.

Before anyone decides to blast me with orders to be patient, consider the fact that most of you at least know what you are waiting for. I haven't even seen gameplay yet. I haven't been hooked yet. I don't even know yet if this game is any fun past the character creation. In fact, if I knew beforehand that I would be downloading a large file just for creating my own DBZ looking characters, I would have just gone with some silly app on my iphone. So, hopefully this gets fixed soon...right now it feels like I just wasted a bunch time, energy, and storage space on my laptop.

• @JTS1281 and @kakaraka Welcome to the DBOG.

I do understand how you feel. But sadly, thats how the game is right now. And i believe it is worth the patience. Since, the game is really fantastic.
    Since it is in the developing stage., there are lot of bugs to deal with. But it certainly is fun.
    Hopefully, @Daneos would fix the channel issues by today, Since, it is a weekend, many players would be eager to play.

So, stick around, u might b able to enjoy the game by today or the latest tomorrow..

• @JTS1281 and @kakaraka Welcome to the DBOG.

I do understand how you feel. But sadly, thats how the game is right now. And i believe it is worth the patience. Since, the game is really fantastic.
    Since it is in the developing stage., there are lot of bugs to deal with. But it certainly is fun.
    Hopefully, @Daneos would fix the channel issues by today, Since, it is a weekend, many players would be eager to play.

So, stick around, u might b able to enjoy the game by today or the latest tomorrow..

Agreed...Is what it is and beta is beta.

For a game as old as this it's still a classic all around BA game and @Daneos Is the man just for bringing it back. So IMO it's so worth the wait.

We all just wanna get this show on the road I think. Just wish @Daneos could magically clone then hire himself to work around the clock 24/7 :D I mean I could pay them both on the cash shop alone with my game addiction lolz ~Just Saiyan!

It'll happen, dude seems fast on the fix's...well, when hes not having a real life. :thumbup::thumbsup:

Keep on Keep'n on I can wait...

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!