Posts by nikolassj

Considering it had 10 years, I think it's better to get something new instead fixing it, maybe spend a little more and get an i3. And yes, it has an Onboard GPU, Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Mine is too, about 10 years old.

Dual Core E5200 2.5 Ghz

3GB of DDR2 Ram

Had Ati Radeon 4550 HD 512 VRAM, ran DBO fine, not smoothly in every situation but very playable, I've done little research and Intel HD 4000 seems to be faster than Ati Radeon 4550 so it should be more than enough for DBO. However I don't wanna lie to you, I am not entirely sure but it should. Be careful with your choices.

Here's the source: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/C…adeon-HD-4550/2169vsm8944

Anyways, my new GPU is GT 710, its really in the weak category even tho made in 2016 its not a gaming card and I run DBO just fine at 1600x1200 res, high settings, only player shadows disabled. In worst case scenario you could get one for 40-70 dollars/euros. Or a cheaper/more expensive one.

I could dual client with the Ati Radeon HD 4550 before too, never tried on the new one nor am I interested in trying, just saying.

1GB minimum if u ask me, especially if you are running Windows 7 or newer OS. But 2GB is recommended...

The Operating System takes most of the 512Mb Ram of an computer its nearly impossible to run anything smoothly nowadays with that amount of RAM. But nevermind that. Your PC does not have an Graphic Card, you need one to be able to play DBO or any game! Either buy one and install it on the mentioned PC that you've been offered or buy one with a GPU.

An On-board GPU is integrated on the Motherboard, it takes a % of the existing RAM of your PC and uses it as VRAM (Video RAM). Its purpose is mainly to give you a picture on your monitor. Can be used for office PC's and similar ones that don't have to do intensive tasks. I've recently used my Onboard GPU because my dedicated one died but not long ago I bought a GT710 2GB GDDR5 and DBO runs pretty smoothly, decently in crowded areas.

Anyways, what is the problem with your current PC? Perhaps you can fix it by just replacing the "dead" part of it. Maybe your PSU (power supply) or some other component has died, which can be replaced. Perhaps it would be a better option to replace this "X" component than buying a whole new PC.

LMAO i had the same PC and could run dbo just fine enough to win budos but fps is trash

i just built a cheap one tho, for best GPU i suggest you a radeon rx 550 it's pretty good (much better than gt 730) for about 90$, though it might bottleneck... other solution is also spend an additional 60$ for a pentium g4560-g4600 which is much better than what u have, tho you won't b able to overclock but it's not a problem for dbo

The Rx 550 is around 150-190 Euros here and if I wanted to change the CPU I'd have to change my motherboard too...
    Thanks for the suggestion tho, I've decided to go with a GT 710 2GB GDDR5 card, it's 70 Euros but should be faster than the GDDR3 and DDR3 versions (btw are GDDR3 and DDR3 the same type of memory in GPUs? For example I am starting to think that some websites write DDR3 instead of GDDR3 in the cards specs)

I think you should check this out.

. You could get an incredibly cheap pc that can run the latest games at 60+fps at 1440p.

Thanks but the economy differs in my country and I don't really need a new PC for now.

The 1050TI is around 170-200 Euro's here;
    The 710 GT and 730 GT around 50-60 Euros;

The AMD cards are all 150 + Euros, I always thought that they were cheaper....

The 1030 is around 100 Euro's...

Around 10.000 to 11.000 RSD while the 710 GT is around 5.000 - 6.000, might be better to spend a few bucks more I guess? I'll think about it.

Next question is, would those cards be an overkill for my CPU & Setup since its an old computer, Would the CPU make the GPU throttle or the other way around?

Anyways, thanks for all of your replies guys. I've read all of them and I am considering them, I didn't ignore any of them!

My Ati Radeon HD 4550 died a few weeks ago. It could run DBO pretty well but around platform and very populated places the FPS would go way down. Stuttering and lag appeared.

I was thinking between Nvidia GT 710 and 730 but apparently they are meant for PC's that don't have an integrated graphics card... Meaning they are bad for gaming even tho they are both faster than my current dead GPU. I am not a gamer, I am just looking for a GPU that will run DBO and League of Legends decently... Around 60FPS. The 4550 HD ran League on 60FPS +, until recently, before it died it was struggling to get 60FPS.

My power supply is 450W

My PC is almost 10 years old:

Dual Core E5200 2.5 Ghz;

3 GB DDR2 RAM;

Ati 4550 (dead);

Windows 10 64bits.

I could easily buy a new PC but I am saving money for studying and moving out next years plus I wanna use my old PC for another 2-3, maybe 5 years or leave it behind for my brother and parents.

Here are pictures of my display with my current GPU (I had BSOD because of it not long ago, then I changed the thermal paste and it worked a few more month until this happened):

They use it for tanking & tactical stuff like you said. You are kinda right so I agree with you.
    P.S Nameks have the aggro skills enabled while GN but its pretty useless.

Maybe keep the 10 min limit but add effects on their skills that will aggro mobs automatically while using them (GN skills)

Frylock

I was an Ultimate Majin main and let me tell you that the pure majin form was really useful in many dungeons. It was quickly cast aside when attack speed got popular. Especially in the latest, short dungeons but even there I've done bacterian with Pure majin form.

Genocide blast can do from 2k (badly geared majins in end game) to 10-20k+ damage on majins with good gear. And it has a 2 second CD. A pretty strong AoE. Also Pure Majin + attack speed is very strong too, believe it or not it hurts.
    One of the best majins back in TW used to dominate platform single handled with Pure Form & buffs.

Also using Pure Majin I've qualified many times from prelims into solo budokai, it was a huge help in party budokai for qualifying too after buffing teammates. It is a very useful and strong form and I didn't have very strong items. Tho I do not disagree that they could need a little bit of buffing here and there since humans do have the most benefits from transforming and have the highest DPS. Fighters are especially annoying since they need the least amount of skill to play.

@adrian on fire I didn't know that~

Pure Majins were always useful in PvE in CCUD and UD's. They just needed good gear.
    They should get defense buffs while in that form since they're really helpless when it comes to PvP and pulling mobs

Syren thank you!

No, no... I think it's ok like that. Why you might ask? Swordsman, Fighter, Shadow Knight and many other classes can wipe the floor with the squishy turtles. They rely on RP and timing in PvP.

A better balance tip would be to add a cooldown on the book tho. That way they would need to have a better timing.

Well I think it will last until mid 2018 sadly at least....
    I too have a few characters but I really wanna main a turtle but don't wanna go through all the levels again and more, then lose everything later...

Maybe if someone threw me a level up stone I'd be happy to play :D

Yea he actually surprised me twice. Once with the DW in beginning and once with his Crane. I've watched his videos and I couldn't even imagine the possibilities that these two classes hold!

SendokuFireFist the human wrecker hehe

To be honest I expected to get flamed for asking this question... I am very pleasantly surprised by this community!

Iceman Thing is I am lazy and I don't have time to play a lot so I wanna avoid investing into a character that will get wiped later, otherwise I would love to play and help but guess I'll keep watching videos until OB.

adrian on fire Oh so quite a few things don't work, thanks for the information. I guess I'll have to wait. Also I've noticed here and there a few skill bugs while watching budokai videos.

Long story short: I am really eager to start playing but I really want to skip the "character wipe" after the end of the POB~

I've been looking around on youtube and on the forums a little and I can see that the game is pretty much 100% playable. Am I wrong?
    Level 70 cap, underground dungeons, budokai's, dragon ball hunt, all skills seem to work fine, PvP ranked... Do TMQ's work?

What are we waiting for? Let's go OB! It's been a long timeee