Posts by mattotk

Muq's right, we've made a ton of changes in the past year. Just check out the patch notes or ping me in discord if you have any questions!

I actually read the whole patch notes yesterday, but i couldn't see anything related to the second launcher, there were 2 as far as i remember.

Hello, i don't play dbo since at least 2018 from when the second launcher was in alpha test and a new reset was announced.
    I just wanted to know if someone could tell me what happened to this game, i know there is a new person in charge, someone who is taking things quite seriously and hard working by the looks of it.

¿The client 2.0 became the the main client? ¿Are there more resets to come?

Thanks and happy holidays.

They want to ban "speed" from the game. Whats next, wanting "skills" to be banned to for being to high output dmg? Without speed it wouldn't be dragonball like anymore......every mmorpg has its exploits now a days just play what you like and let others enjoy their way of playing too >,<:saint::saint::saint:forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/3965/

It's not about deleting speed but to limit speed buffs to selfcast, exploits aren't good, if others game have them that's bad for those games.

Karma, poko and fighter can still play speed for themselves if is properly managed. The problem with speed parties is that the risk is almost none compared to skill users, you don't have to control your ep, barely use skills and the hard thing would be aggro control and positioning... all of those are required when using skills, ep management can be specially hard.

The only reason to play speed is that is a lot easier and faster, otherwise i don't know who would choose to play with 1 clic and let auto attack like there isn't a tommorrow. This is not like upgrade system which is just bad because of rng, speed is really broken.

Whatever happens i don't think a new wipe would be possible by people choice, my reason is that this wipe poll already divided the community in at least 35/65.

With the last wipe some people leaved the game even when they knew that was going to happen (many as me came back), now i don't think that if the game suffers another big issue they would be able to perform another wipe because of the lack of trust which is understandable.

It's safe to say that 36%-40% doesn't want a wipe, anyway let's skip this as doesn't lead to anywhere. Many people doesn't use forum accounts, that's there fault, is also bad administration the way the vote happened as just probably a 80% of users voted and i don't really care about that.

What matters and what Yamcha was saying is that it would be nice to explain why a wipe is needed when the problem are the +15 items, because we know that those 60 are going to be like a 70 +9 or +10 at best, so is not a problem at all, not right now.

We also know as you do (i guess) that level 70 in game armors and weapons can be deleted and they are justa few, something that can be fixed without a wipe, when you care about something you just don't do the easy thing to do and try to do the hard but right thing, which should require more effort.

If you are going to answer me, try to focus on the subject (the usefulness of +15 lvl60 gear and the lvl 70 gear deletion) without insults or whatever it may occur to you.

If there is a poll for a wipe there should also be one for attk speed... i was always an advocate of nerfing heavy or removing all together attk speed

And will be better to remove it before a wipe, it would take longer to do the wipe but also is the best way if you are serious about improving the game because this can't prevent people from taking advantage, that or stick with speed and lock yourself to four classes

Its has already been nerfed by the speeding being capped already. Speed just saves times, imagine doing ccbd 1-150 without speed. Your looking at 6-8 hours to complete it. With speed at best its ~3 hours. Speed is not an abuse its a mechanic to save time. Speed is a PVE base skill, if you don't like speed then stick to pvp and stuff.

Speed is laziness in form of stat, you are saying that saves time..., it's true saves time and it shouldn't save it at all, it should be as good as using skills but as pve is broken in some aspects people uses speed. The way to "save" time is by tweaking mobs according to skills uses and not just by "i'm going to stand here and auto attack like if was hard to use skills", ¿do you realize that we are talking about end pve content? being end content shouldn't be that easy to complete at all.

Someone who understands... Amazing. Its okay if individual classes like Fighter,Poko, and Karma are using Attack Speed as their primary source of DPS, but when the entire party is able to abuse the mechanic it makes end game dungeons a joke. The first things that should be to neuter this, is preventing GoGo-Mask and Kami's Blitz from stacking, and increasing the drop rate of good items in BIDs/UDs?TMQs to compensate for the extra time spent in the dungeon, or you could just make the TMQs like they were in 55 KR. Another alternative would be to modify the stats of mobs in the dungeons but I'm assuming that would take more effort.

I couldn't explain it better and i agree with all, also i think that poko is very incomplete class because he is a summoner or at least an attemp of one,

Poko pets should be its strength not just a complement for his lack of usefulness besides of giving speed to others, before no one used poko because speed wasn't working now they are key to any serious party just because of att speed.

I think that CCBD mobs should be tweaked to be less boring when playing with crit and other stuff, hard but less boring because right now it would take a lot just to do 51f to 90f and then nerf speed according to those parameters, but as you said not for the whole party and probably the classes affected by it such as karma, poko and fighter could get a buff if they needed it.

When i speak about boringness i'm not referring to nerfing the pve aspects but to improve them, after all this is a game and you shouldn't be able to do something in 20min by just standing and 60min using pure skills, thinking your next move.

Attack speed should be removed from the game or be nerfed so it can be as good as using skills.

Instead of balancing the game devs decided to give attack speed so players can stand in a corner, the most difficult thing about playing speed is positioning and aggro control also by doing this they saved themselves from a lot of work creating dungeons that required some strategy to complete.

Many times we hear that this game is easy and it's true, partially because of attack speed, try to complete ccbd with and without speed and check how much it took for both tries.

If Daneos nerfs speed too late after the possible wipe, then the people that already played ccbd will have an advantage, playing speed is boring but still quicker than without it.

It's funny that most people that don't want a wipe are the people that multi cliented, bugged, or have done little to nothing in the game. The damage has already been done, the only way to not have a wipe is to ban and prevent the abusers from ever doing this again. Need some type of hack prevention set in place in order for that to happen. I doubt Daneos has that figured out yet so it seems hopeless atm.

Probably 90% of players used multi client because they could and was easier to play, wipe supporters or not. You can share the list of "anti wipe" players that bugged, i'm sure that people would like to see it, unleast this is a fallacy.

All they need to do is exactly what you said: ban and put better segurity, hacks will keep existing and it's funny how we had an anti bot system but people cried about it.

The problem with wiping everyone's gear is that everyone would be left with a "naked" lvl 60 character that wouldn't be able to farm for new gear. At least by restarting at lvl 1 you can gather materials and zeni as you level up and have quest gear to work with in the mean time.

So you are saying that is better to restart from level 1, start leveling while getting gear and keep like that until level 70.

Doesn't make sense if we consider that by starting at level 60 we can kill low level mobs get their gear, then kill higher level mobs and pick their gear, keep doing it until you reach level 70, this would save a lof of time since we wouldn't have to level up except for those 10 levels.

I just think its dumb to complain about cash bringing an advantage, you see you work hard on the game to get your stuff. I work hard on real life to donate to the game that you play complaining about "casher's advantange". Seems like something pretty stupid to complain about, plus you're stating the obvious. Of course cashers get the advantage, it's the reward for donating and helping the game, so that you can still play. Btw, I said I wanted to get a new opportunity to cash on a complete game because I was trying to imply I didn't get what I deserved for donating "x" amount of money before, and I was hoping it would. How would you feel about your money if you cashed? we're no different man, I just pushed the donate button and helped people like you get to play one more day.

Well, you knew how much cash you were getting at the time of the "donation" so i don't know about deservings in that case, he already returned it twice, you should know that those are "donations" you aren't paying for a subscription or something like that.

You told me that i should see the bigger picture and now it's my turn, the truth is that without cashers or free users this game wouldn't go on.

Remove cashers and the game dies, remove free users and it wouldn't make sense to donate since there wouldn't be a good number of people to play with, so are parcially wrong. If i cash i would do it without expecting anything, after all you are supporting a project, not buying lootboxes, i think you understand this.

I preciate that you came with a straight answer this time, not like before writing things that i never said, you seemed quite confident about what you were writing. Still never said from where did you get those ideas about me saying that cashers are cancer, i though that i was implying those ideas, looks like i wasn't after all.

Do you read what you write? Seems like not... What you are implying is that cashers are the people destroying the game. Just for your information my friend, cashers are the ones that brought the game back and maintained it running up until now. Next time you comment stuff like that, don't blind yourself, instead look for the bigger picture. How are cashers supposed to be the cancer ? that's some stupid thinking and a dumb move, imagine Daneos prohibiting the cashers to play the game, lol... look forward to reading those words.

You are the one saying that you would like to wipe because of your cash return and to be able to use it in a better way, as i wrote in previous comments, you said it not me.

Now you are saying that i said that cashers are destroying the game, common dude, read again, i never said that cashers are the cancer of the game or that daneos should prohibit them to play, from where did you get that?

This is your text

"I just want my cash back and a new opportunity to actually manage myself to cash it the right way in a complete game, not a 0.50% completed game like it was when OB released."

My text

"Of course you want your cash back, this would give you advantage upon others, naive of me to think that the wipe was meant to bring a new and "fresh" start, never did tho 8o."

You think that getting your cash back in a fresh start wouldn't give you any advantage? don't come with sht that i never said, focus on what i wrote.

If we start fresh and cash is returned then it becomes an advantage because they are going to have huge sums, we don't know yet how the cash shop is going to change.

1-Yes, people who used bots should be punished, but its legit to have tons of zeni by farming or trading, we all know that the people who uses bots its a minority.

2- Absolutely, those items should be removed, don't know about others (what does it mean) but any level 70 item should be deleted.

3- Yeah and cheaters should be banned.

I agree with most of the next points, but i don't think that daneos can guarantee a game clear of cheats when big companies can't.

Those are changes that you are suggesting, i would love to see most of them being implemented, but i doubt it and let me tell you that i found to be true the fact that if you reward a player he/her will avoid cheating, because it wouldn't be necesary, the problem is that some people is just too greedy to not do it anyways.

These changes would take months to be implemented,if daneos does it taking his time, a wipe coming months after the new client release would imply to keep playing and donating to see everything deleted again.

I wish they banned the people who duped at the right time, but everything took too much time.

Of course you want your cash back, this would give you advantage upon others, naive of me to think that the wipe was meant to bring a new and "fresh" start, never did tho 8o.