Posts by Jinrei

Whenever I read this, I imagine you reading it like Master Roshi lmao

Im sorry to say it Box-head(boxbox) but the new db hunt system is making this community unhealthy.

So many times in POB i've had turtles instantly nuke down mobs im pulling on papaya. Did I cry then? No, i simply talked shit to that guy and moved on with my day. Should all kames now deal 80% less damage to mobs that aren't aggroed to the turtle hermit? No, that'd be stupid. The fact that this update made an already subpar class even worse at his job, and made it so that buffers can no longer reliably semi tank is a good enough reason why this cannot stay. And in no world is some humans having their mobs stolen more important than PVE balance and class viability.

Yea I understand now, but I would say its a bit selfish to not think about the other problems concerning aggro system, what I think the game developer is trying to is to make it as good as before, but still fulfill the needs on the other end. I don't disagree with you, I just have another approach on the field, as I know how hard coding can be and seeing it at a developers side you want something to be good and not second best thing, and that's why aggro system needs to be changed for the better. For now see this as a testing phase.

Well that's a bigger issue then someone crying about some twat stealing his mobs, different scenario entirely. Was this update really such a huge priority to implement? No. Was it necessary? No. If someone steals your CS in League or Dota does that person get punished? No, because its such a small and petty thing that isn't worth the developers time to address( maybe in league because they're so PC and cater to crybabies). Daneos keeps on doing these changes catering to noobs, instead of fixing the major issues of this game.

Sorry to break it, I don't really understand you. The aggro mob loot thing is a problem that many experience, and it is a good approach to fix bugs and flaws in the game system. The aggro system just need a bit of testing and adjustments.

Or you know people can grow up and just change channel, its really that simple... no need to change an entire system based on 1 small group of dickheads.

Well it is not that simple just to close your eyes. So if I understand your logic, you say basically that we shouldn't punish murders because so few does the crime, instead of being mad switch country.

I think Daneos changed the aggro system with a good intention.

Now listen we need to revert back to the old aggro system. But if I recall it, the reason why it was changed in the first place was because people that had taunt as skill, mainly used it to steal other peoples mobs, if I'm not mistaken.

So taunt and damage aggro need to have separate formulars in order to please everyone. I dont know if the formular for taunt was nullifying aggro by damage before. But taunt now simulate damage outcome without giving damage and tanks have a harder time keeping aggro, mostly the class DW have huge problems, mainly because their damaging skills aren't enough to keep up with SK as tanking class.

Now lets take a scenarier where a mob is getting attacked by two players, one being a class with taunt and another just being a dps. We know that the one that does most of the damage gets the loot.

The mob has 3000 lp, the dps attacks the mob and the mob looses 1200 lp, then the class with taunt, uses the taunt skill and imitates ex. 3000 lp damage (the mob doesn't loose damage, but it got imitated), and the taunt class does only 600 lp damage and the dps does the rest of the mobs lp and kills it. But the mobs loot are then given to the player with taunt.

Now here is the deal, if the formular for taunt, is imitating damage and damage is "actual damage" then the loot needs be handed to the one that does actual damage. But the aggro needs to have the formular imitating damage + actual damage, the imitated damage needs to be of the right value and needs testing to actually fit for the caps.

I think that this will take a lot of time to change, I'm not sure how the coding is carried out, but give Daneos some time to test it.

Very good work on the reshade mod Brad, hopefully we will get more like this in the future.

Keep going at it boy! :)

I will make this short and give you clear advice, this is mostly center around pve.

Karma is always wanted, mostly because of speedbuff and skilllock, overall very nice dps/support class

Ultimate always wanted, mostly because of the buffs that gives attack and defense prop, defense and lp, but also used to remove harmful effects and have high resist and defense rate, it can tank most attacks, overall nice support class.

Turtle one of the most popular classes in game, you will have problem finding parties, so find a guild that will take you in on the premade dungeon team. Turtles are wanted for their slowing effect, stopping the boss, skilllock, killing huge groups of mobs, debuffing the boss and very powerful if teamed up with a crane. This class is a very powerful dps and have some support skills to help with dungeon mechanics.

If you want my opinion, don't use turtle as main, make it your farming class, but if you have very good friends and a guild, go ahead and make turtle your main. If you asked me which class I would pick of those 3, I would go ultimate, its unique and the buffs always needed, + you can kill a lot of mobs using spinning attack and spinning flame wheel, i think they are named.

Ultimate is melee, if you happen to not like melee and think its a bit boring, go for karma. :)

It all depends on your goal in game and what you prefer

hope it helped

this is happening in every game. i can give you countless examples. don't expect a perfect game to exist. db rate and drop is fine .

read my previous post and you will understand what i ment by, db mobs appearing, db rate and drop.

The problem is not the drop rate, the problem is that there is so many people on a single map and some people don't kill the mobs, they wait until you cleared an area and then they will kill the db mobs spawning.

The method of farming is good, but for no-farmer players is bad, before the patch they fly around until see a random db mod, but with this patch they can't do it anymore. I think that this new method and the old one must be together

people are still going to steal from the spot you farming, some will even camp, while you killing mobs, so to prevent the stealing there needs to be an enhancement of the dbhunt, db mobs appearing and drop rate.

change back the ****** db hunt this is not working, people still fly around and steal db mobs and they can't farm themself..

either change it or listen to SumTingWong, this community need help, I have seen so many people camping the spot just to wait for the db mobs to spawn and I farmed their to make them spawn..

Another method would be to make a "success rate meter"

while (dbhunt)

{

if(int mobs kill)

{give 50% of success rate of drop}

else

{0 drop}

}

make it a interval, so everytime you drop a db, it recounts your kill count

For things like this there is one solution and it will work 100% and finally stop this damn mob steal sh*t forever!

Daneos should add an anti-ks system! If you attack a mob, no other player can attack it no matter what they try. The system won't allow it. The only other ppl who could attack the mob while you fight it, would be party members only! This is the only solution for this mob steal problem.

lol someone is going to be butthurt if this passes onto the game...

I still believe that having a min - max amount you can sell an item for in AH is a viable solution... heck look at runescape for instance. everyone hateddddd the GE when it came out with that, but it did thrive very well after that in terms of the economy balancing out again

Well I think most of the poor players will have a hard time and I don't wanna waste 10% just for selling crafting gear, people like Maskman doesn't know economic outcomes, he just states what came out of his farts.