My take on why DBOG is not P2W

• Whitestones are clearly pay 2 win and none can deny that. But I already said that white stones are going to be removed.I've decided to recreate the official cash shop and then work on it so it will suit "everyone"

It's not Pay2Win Danny , A guy that doesn't charges any CP in the game can make a +15 item as well like a guy that charges and uses White Stones . White Stones are made to help the player in the Upgrade System . Not P2W but unfair .

I personally don't agree with the white stones beeing removed, it'd make it nearly impossible to get good upgrades with the current upgrade system. But I do think they should be made harder to obtain, and the same thing with the boxes.

ie: there was a time where you had a small chance to drop silver boxes from papaya's golden chests that dropped from mobs ( which were not so easy to farm too ). Whites and Boxes should follow the same path, beeing introduced in a similar way.

If he removes White Stones , the upgrade system will need some changes . (Not like it already doesn't)

• I would love to see

- White U70 from TMQ7 or something that people need to cooperate together, or very rare drop from mobs.

- All Cash Shop items only cosmetic (dogi, kid clock etc.) automatically bound that You can't buy 150 dogi or other things and sell it later on GTN to get 999kk on AH, and everyone who want these things must suport Daneos, cant buy via AH for zennis.

- Remove Bonus-changer boxes

- Remove tickets (already done! nice!)

• Heres my take
    lol brown box hardly ever give good stats so buy at your own risk i say keep it lol
    , removal of white stones yea that should be gone,
    but you can keep dogi effects if only for pve purposes,

as for selling dogis i think it should be allowed trust me on this cashers want to get zeni quick, cashers essentially keep the sever up not the freeloaders so allowing them to make zeni is only giving them 1 advantage less time to achieve there goals.

Pay to win as my definition is only to get items that is only available via a cash shop that gives a distinct advantage over a non cash player in pvp.

• Seems like people on this thread think pay2win is buying cash and you win every duel, rank, budokai etc. When P2W is really when you save/make lots of in game currency to get things that help you a lot to "Win" or get exclusive cash shop items that give stats (Dogi balls). @Clyde You say Farm to buy cash shop points with zenni ? I farmed 80 Hours + while leveled I grinded from 65 to 70 and this is all I got

33 Stacks full stacks of 07 blue craft materials from breaking all my drops, and a u70 purple. (NOTE: I got to level 30 craft the Legit way ! Which cost me over 90kk !) To use all those Materials and craft I spent around 25kk, with the materials, the only thing I got worth selling was a max crit 27% P crit pole sitck which sold for 30kk which I got lucky with that sale btw cause its actually worth around 20kk lol, and 2 21% P Crit poles which sold 6kk each. Subtract the cost from what it took to make all that and the purple stone is 50kk profit . 80+ hours of farming for 50kk. 150 Cash goes for around 20kk. 100kk is nothing nowadays and cashers easily have around 200kk WITH great gears, around the the first month and a half everyone had around equal gears and pvp was all about skill now some have +0 weapons while others have +13. This is obviously P2W but I really don't care since I plan on cashing more in Open beta but I'd just like to give some honest truth here.

• so you want us to pay for nothing even in real life if you wanted somthing good you need to pay

What are you doin here not good you want us to pay for nothing like dogi and stuff

i don't think i'm goin to pay if there wasn't somthing nice in the cash shop 'no one pay for nothing'

It's a game for fun so let the people play how they like if you don't want to pay that's your problem just don't ruin it on others

:comcom1::comcom11:

• This is obviously P2W but I really don't care since I plan on cashing more in Open beta but I'd just like to give some honest truth here.

• I honestly don't think DBO is pay to win. Sure, +13 gear isn't something everyone has, but its something everyone can get. True pay2win would be in games like Dragon Nest where you'd need to max gear to kinda surviveIt the rewarding dungeons, and the only way to do that is to buy items from their cash-shop. I originally played up to lvl 62 with +0 gear and had no issues. PvP was hard, but it wasn't important to me.

Through smart investments and luck, you'll get enough money to sustain yourself. If you use cash, you just take the lazy-man's way out, and that's not even frowned upon, at the end of the day, smart planning and economic knowlege can get you enough money and skills without paying a dime.

• pay-to-win Definition

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced even for people who have skill in the game without paying.

Dude, you've spent like 400 bucks on this game so you can beat everyone who hasn't spent any money. Pay-to-win noob!

This doesn't apply to DBOG. Once Daneos removed the white U70 Stones from the Cash Shop, it's nowhere pay to win anymore.

• pay-to-win Definition

Games that let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items then everyone else at a faster rate and then makes the game largely unbalanced

This doesn't apply to DBOG. Once Daneos removed the white U70 Stones

He's removing them from direct cash shop and adding them to wagu wagu machine which mark my words will ruin the economy even further. Also heard of dogi balls ? And also I show proof, farming sucks, by the 100+ hours you even get 200kk farming, it will be worth less than before and will only get you a couple good pieces of gear +0 with no zenni left to upgrade. And by your definition "games that will let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items at a faster rate" waguwagu machine for tons of zenni to buy the best gear, brown boxes to make good gear at a faster rate. Dbog is P2W period but again, idc cause imma support the game and donate, just want to tell the truth here. :D

• He's removing them from direct cash shop and adding them to wagu wagu machine which mark my words will ruin the economy even further. Also heard of dogi balls ? And also I show proof, farming sucks, by the 100+ hours you even get 200kk farming, it will be worth less than before and will only get you a couple good pieces of gear +0 with no zenni left to upgrade. And by your definition "games that will let you buy better gear or allow you to make better items at a faster rate" waguwagu machine for tons of zenni to buy the best gear, brown boxes to make good gear at a faster rate. Dbog is P2W period but again, idc cause imma support the game and donate, just want to tell the truth here. :D

If I'm not mistaken Daneos wanted to change/nerf Dogi Balls so they wont have a great insane impact anymore. Also if he adds webdepot as well, I highly doubt it'll be pay to win.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!