Fighter and Swordsman Poll

• Nope for physical,
    But yes for giving them more Energy Attack source!
    So basically Martial Artist should be improved in Energy Attack.
    For example; I guess the passive "Increase Spiritual Attack" should be improved!
    For a start like, give it a flat 50 instead of 24, even if it would take another 2 points to level up,
    or give it a percentage instead of flat damage. (maybe both)

After that, i think instant transmission should also be moved to Martial Artist.
    But its not so urgent, just a "Quality of Life" feature..

We just need more Damage source for our Energy attacks and that's it.

• If you want to have strong aoes maybe you should pick another class and not martial artist. Some rework might be done - not of this order which is the opposite of balance - but still, only after Daneos makes the game closer to retail dbo. And we are far from that.

• If you want to have strong aoes maybe you should pick another class and not martial artist. Some rework might be done - not of this order which is the opposite of balance - but still, only after Daneos makes the game closer to retail dbo. And we are far from that.

Yeah its obvious but why the hell they created Energy Attacks in class that got a lot more Physical attack base. No sense, + these energy atks got long cast time. If big bang + final flash got proper damage to High Speed Needles (a bit stronger but got cast time) it should be fine. People will have choice. For now Energy attacks in Fighter are just for fun, cant compare with fast-attacking needle's crits.

• Yeah its obvious but why the hell they created Energy Attacks in class that got a lot more Physical attack base. No sense, + these energy atks got long cast time. If big bang + final flash got proper damage to High Speed Needles (a bit stronger but got cast time) it should be fine. People will have choice. For now Energy attacks in Fighter are just for fun, cant compare with fast-attacking needle's crits.

Not every skill can be 100% optimal: we have plenty of skills to choose from because you have to make a choice. If you want to fit better in a certain role well you have to sacrifice something, and that begins from the moment you pick your race and class in the character selection.

There are energy attacks because they can be helpful in pve leveling situations, but just because they exist you can't expect to come close to what a kame does: martial artists are not nukers, they are dps.

• Oh gosh.. Can we stop with these balance/skill change threads? All I read is just garbage ass lvl 42 noobs wanting fighter to be easier/broken than they already are... This is why the lvl cap in open beta should be lvl 40/50/55 so the whole community can see how slowly with every lvl cap after 55 how dbo slowly became unbalanced and we can start using logic.

• Well i prefer to grind and quest with Needles and waste "some" time than pay later for book restarter and waste zenni. I think im not only one :P. If someting is good only in leveling, that means its useless becouse one day You hit max level.

I got the feeling that everytime you just answer half of the arguments I give you :/

Everyone has their preferences. In fact, You get zeni by dedicating some time to the game when you farm for drops to sell right? So with time you earn zeni, and you can use zeni to save time too, buying good gear rather than dropping it or buying resets rather than struggling with one-target skills.

Something is useful once it helps as a mean to get somewhere. One of the objectives in the game is to hit level cap, those energy attacks can be one of many ways to get there: it's just another option. If you don't like it that's ok.

Martial artists have a ROLE: having good dps like your needles and also having good aoes with the attacks this poll mentions would give two different roles to one class, which would destroy any balance (not stating that retail dbo was balanced, but a change like this would definitely make things worst IMHO). I think the current poll results show you how many forum members understand this.

I believe you have already decided your position on this matter and nothing I'll say will change this. If that's true then I'd rather stop discussing with you because we won't get anywhere.

Cheers,

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!