Upgrade System Discussion

• DBO didn´t failed. They was just trying to make money. And i understand your point of view but i think you don´t understand me. If you just farm bad items upgrade them and use boxes on them you will have a good equipment after a few months and after that it will be only pvp. There won´t be any need for farming anymore. That is not the purpose of an asian grinder. Dbo should be like how it was before. You just need to farm farm and farm maybe a few years maybe even more but not a few months or you just need to cash like crazy to get a really good equipment.
    And i really don´t want this pserver to be a pvp server like nearly every other pserver because these servers won´t last long.

But this is exactly what we are talking xD
    Remove the boxes from the game and let grind the only way to get good itens (TMQ, UD, CCDG)
    About the upgrade system same thing, let a very low chance to drop the stones from TMQ, UD or reward from high levels CCDG, this way people will farm them too, not only buy them with cash. This way the game will be played, not only rushed to the end with cashs or stupid itens like box. Even if the game already have a long time, there will be always a reason to farm something.

• If people wanna spend cash for boxes why don't you let them??
    Why do you care if people upgrade something with bad stats and using boxes?
    Why do you care if they don't wanna farm and just spend cash to skip farming?
    It only makes sense that you wanna get it fair because you don't wanna spend cash on boxes and so no one should have the chance.

• If people wanna spend cash for boxes why don't you let them??
    Why do you care if people upgrade something with bad stats and using boxes?
    Why do you care if they don't wanna farm and just spend cash to skip farming?
    It only makes sense that you wanna get it fair because you don't wanna spend cash on boxes and so no one should have the chance.

Because that destroys the economy and the game itself later on. Everyone that played DBO knows how hard it was to sell good items in the AH. Wanna add boxes to the cash store? Sure go ahead, as long as they are SUPER expensive.

• I spend cash in DBO, but i don't think it's a good thing for the game.
    There's a lot of things that they can make money in this server and i already list them:
    - Bike and Fuel
    - Flying
    - Dogi
    - Gamble Machine
    - Autopots
    - Cash Pots
    - Cash Foods
    - Bags (z32, etc)
    - Warehouse Expansion
    - Exp Boost
    - Upgrade Stones (even with a drop chance, there always be people who buy with cash)
    - White Stones

And have more...
    I'm against boxes because they ruin the game. I'm not thinking about me buying cash or not, i'm thinking in the game.
    Everyone that put cash will not play the game, will rush to the end and do NOTHING, only PVP. Will be much like the old fail servers, where nobody do TMQ's and UD's anymore. Only do CCDG because of the buff and to use boxes in the itens. But think that they can remove the boxes and put the itens from CC with good adds. This way everybody will have to play all the game contents to make good itens. The cash will help to upgrade more fast, only this.

Every single game that give easy ways to get good equips with cash don't during, this much worst in a private server.
    People will stop playing if see people buying $300 in cash and becoming gods in the game in one month. Soon, the server will be empty and will have only the people who buy a lot of cash and are doing nothing, only random pvps.
    I will buy cash? Maybe. But even buying cash i think that boxes ruin the game. That's my opinion.

• if they want to cash let them cash
    if they want to do pvp let them do it
    if they want to farm let them farm

Not everyone will buy enough cash to get his full equipment and still it´s up to themselfs if they want to cash to get their items or just farm. Why do you want to force them to farm? If they just want to do pvp let them cash and do pvp. No one is telling you to cash....

i really don´t understand your problem. Everything is up to themselfs.

• if they want to cash let them cash
    if they want to do pvp let them do it
    if they want to farm let them farm

Not everyone will buy enough cash to get his full equipment and still it´s up to themselfs if they want to cash to get their items or just farm. Why do you want to force them to farm? If they just want to do pvp let them cash and do pvp. No one is telling you to cash....

i really don´t understand your problem. Everything is up to themselfs.

Again, You dont understand the problem, so I will say it as clearly as I can.

Because It will kill the game. Just as DBO failed , cash boxes will make DBOG fail too. Its very easy simple to see why.

DBO didnt add boxes to make players happier, they knew DBO was fated to fail, so they needed to make as much money as possible before the game died for good. DBOG can avoid that and create a good game.

• I will repeat: a easy way to get equips with cash it's a easy way to fail
    DBO fail, yes fail, because the company only rush ways to do more and more money with cash itens.
    One game don't need to be P2W for the dev team make money, Blade & Soul prove that. It's a F2P in China, Japan and Taiwan, and don't have a P2W cash shop.
    P2W cash shop just ruin the game. For me, someone who defends the box just wanna put cash and buy a lot of them, just that.
    I'm not thinking if i'm gonna buy cash or not, i'm talking about what i know about DBO and F2P MMO, and i'm thinking in everyone that will play this game.
    If this server have box for cash and keep the P2W way that DBO have, this private will fail in 6 months max.

I'm not telling people "don't buy cash", i'm talking about a stupid cash item that ruin all the game.
    It's a stupid item that ruin the original DBO servers and will ruin all privates that keep it as cash shop item.
    I know how DBO was before the box and after the box and i say, with the boxes become a pretty much stupid game.

If you don't understand what i'm talking, how much is bad a P2W mentality in F2P games and how this ruin the server, you are a casher or don't play much MMO's
    Well, i talk what i have to talk about this. I already made my suggestion to remove boxes in suggestion area. The dev will make what they want. Let's see what happens.
    I hope the server go well, for me and for all the people who is waiting to play.

• Dbo didn´t failed. I was pretty happy with the game. There wasn´t really any problems only the bugs and the only players who complain about the original dbo are the cashers who didn´t do much pve. I think that you guys are also the same. And again dbo didn´t failed.

• Yeah it failed because of boxes not because the main developer left NTL.

Nop. DBO as any other mmorpg costs a lot of money. That money come from players. If players are unhappy with the game, they just move on and stop playing it. I dont know why you think 1 person is responsable for a game that holds the jobs of hundreds of employees. DBO kept losing players till its last dying breath, and one of the main reasons for that , yes, were the brown boxes that lead to the lack of good game content.

Dbo didn´t failed. I was pretty happy with the game. There wasn´t really any problems only the bugs and the only players who complain about the original dbo are the cashers who didn´t do much pve. I think that you guys are also the same. And again dbo didn´t failed.

DBO not only failed , but it failed hard. The game shuted down really quickly for a triple A mmo supported by namco bandai. By the end of its life the only content dbo could release to players were more CC floors, the developers said the team was down to 5 people due to massive layoffs . The own publisher for the game ( netmarble) decided to close the game and not suport it anymore ( reason why hk and tw thought they could keep the game a little longer)

• Dbo didn´t failed. I was pretty happy with the game. There wasn´t really any problems only the bugs and the only players who complain about the original dbo are the cashers who didn´t do much pve. I think that you guys are also the same. And again dbo didn´t failed.

I did all the pve content, ALL. Since the korean alpha test to the end of servers i played all pve contents and pvp.
    And again, DBO Failed.
    A MMO that shut down and close doors in 4 years it's a big fail. A bigger one because it's Dragon Ball franchise.
    And bro, pretty much the opposite of that. Who defends the DBO cash system and box are the cashers and wanna buy them with cash again.

Like i say, opinions are diffents and everyone can say what think.
    Without offenses, the discussion it's valid, but in the end, the dev team will make what they want.

• Well i never cashed and i´m playing mmorpgs since 11 years but nvm this is getting to stupid i´m out of this discussion.

I've never cashed either and yes, I also play mmos since Ultima Online ,I couldnt even write all the mmos I've already played in my life without extending the character limit of a post.
    Reason why I am 100% sure that brown boxes were a terrible addition to DBO, but only because they become so common that it killed the economy hard!

• let me make it clear and simple , dbo wasn't pay 2 win only idiots who think like that and the biggest example is when SparkingX aka Goris defeated one of the greatest fighters (Jocer) on server 2 Final budokai for the 1st place . so tell me if it was pay2win how could Goris(non-casher) won against Jocer(Casher) ?
    Ofc cash help but without skills you can't do shit xD
    + Brown boxe wasn't really needed , you could buy items with good stats on Auction house

• If there is a cash shop or not, people still use cash to get the right items. if they buy it by shop or by random player who sells for example his white stones for 2 dollar each.casher have everytime the option to skip farm

• let me make it clear and simple , dbo wasn't pay 2 win only idiots who think like that and the biggest example is when SparkingX aka Goris defeated one of the greatest fighters (Jocer) on server 2 Final budokai for the 1st place . so tell me if it was pay2win how could Goris(non-casher) won against Jocer(Casher) ?
    Ofc cash help but without skills you can't do shit xD
    + Brown boxe wasn't really needed , you could buy items with good stats on Auction house

DBO wasn't pay 2 win for sure. Of course cash helped a lot , but it wasnt pay to win. But that doesnt make it a good game either.
    Anyone can see how terrible boxes are for the game economy, there is no denying that. Its simple math.

Lets say a trash item costs x gold
    A good item costs 100 times more at least so 100x gold
    boxes were really common ,so lets put it at 5x gold
    Lets say that the cost in stones to add a gear to +15 would be 400x gold

so we farm a lot of good itens or buy them in the AH
    Unless you are lucky, for a +15 gear you'd need at least 30 pieces(if not more) of the same gear.
    Also lets add a random value to boxes and make it so we would need 20 boxes to make a good stats ( we all know it was much less)

30 good gears = 3000x + stones = 3400x gold

30 trash gears = 30 gold + stones + boxes = 600x gold

by X being the gold value of a trash item.

By adding the boxes we have people looking the AH for trash gear to make upgrades.

So what happens when we remove the boxes?

PVE/non-casher farmers will farm the content and sell it over the AH making money
    Cashers will make money with cash and buy those gears

Its a win-win situation.

Cashers will be able to buy the gear they want with their moeny out of the AH and non-cashers will be able to farm cause the economy actually works.

I dont care if the DBOG team add op gears or whatever they want in the cash shop. What I dont want is seeing the game die cause some people support that shit.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!