Build Helper: Turtle Hermit Skills [ENGLISH GUIDE]

• =======================

Spiritualist - Turtle Hermit

=======================
    SLk0slG.pngTdIXygM.png

If we were to talk about a class with massive AOE (Area of Effect) power, you’d instantly think of a Turtle Hermit. They can be considered the top class in terms of raw power, and they aren’t afraid to show it. Because of how their tree and primary skills are set up, it’s really hard to screw up a build for a Turtle Hermit, especially when they can easily go Hybrid and still be very viable. Very popular and very useful, be prepared to see yourself going into end-game dungeons as one of the (if not THE) team’s DPS member. Suffice to say, Turtle Hermits aren’t perfect. Having the category of Glass Cannon, Turtle Hermits can dish out damage, but not take a lot of damage. This can especially be troublesome if you accidentally find yourself surrounded by mobs and don’t have your AOE available. Trying to make a Turtle a tank is like trying to mix oil and water; it’s not going to work.

I’m not going to give the “perfect” build, but instead info on each skill to help decide for yourself what to choose when making your build. A lot of this info has come from extensive testing and experience, but not everything is perfect so please bear with me.

WARNING TO PLAYERS: Because of the class item known as Turtle Book, it is heavily advised that when making your Turtle Hermit you make them female. This because the Turtle Book item gives female characters max RP balls when used making them much better than male Turtle Hermits. This is subject to change as the game continues, but for now the game appears to be sexist when it comes to Turtle Hermits.

Here's where you can start building your Turtle Hermit! Click Click.

=== Spiritualist Attacks ===

c9yUx9O.pngRapid Shot

JEmxkxv.pngKamehameha

sq3AOgu.pngSpirit Ball

hnDLQK0.pngDestructo Disk

ExiqzqC.pngDouble Bleed

CSybL9b.pngArea Bleed

Y5QRE02.pngSolid Bleed

2SctNc0.pngPoison Bleed

• === Spiritualist Buffs ===

muDOgGs.pngPhysical Damage Crippling Curse

TTMxm8T.pngSpeed Restrain

ACJvPTy.pngEnergy Reduction

PzsTVtw.pngWeaken Defense

nKvrOSP.pngSpiritual Damage Boost

5YzyVHS.pngEP Recovery

LbPulf3.pngSpiritual Damage Cut

KPwDzps.pngHypnosis

• dFUqDKi.pngKaio-Ken

A4C5gyG.pngSuper Saiyan

cEnSy7N.pngGuard

=== Passive Buffs (always active) ===

3eQlKAO.pngIncreased Persisted Damage Time

ChIt3h9.pngIncreased Persisted Damage

• === Turtle Hermit Skills ===

Fj8R2zP.pngTurtle Rod Strike

WedOGkH.pngScatter Shot

9KKARbI.pngSuper Kamehameha

vRVVg87.pngConsecutive Disks

Zhmjeu8.pngSpirit Rod

kd1Hyi0.pngGiant Kamehameha

f2hdZFm.pngTurtle Rod Hurl

JAbT4Jq.pngTurtle Rod Impale

• LujavdY.pngSpiritual Damage Breakthrough

MDWZ8n5.pngPhysical Defense Boost

DKOqBMZ.pngClear Mirror Index

JI0ziCb.pngAttack Speed Shackle

K6H8u1Z.pngSpiritual Defense Boost

Khndcpc.pngSlow

qR3eEf7.pngSudden Stun

=== Passive Turtle Hermit Buffs (always active) ===

kkirJf2.pngPrehistoric Turtle Mastery

7DPjYaJ.pngSpiritual Attack Rise

gCOiTiS.pngIncrease Agility

GK2fuFt.pngFocus

=== Dragon King Buffs and which I should get first ===

Like most classes, the best one to start out with is the Dragon King’s Constitution xccnN44.pngbuff as it helps with the Turtle Hermit’s low LP. Next you would want to get the Dragon King’s Focus p0VRrgB.pngbuff as it further increases your hit rate, crit rate, and success rate even more. Finally, you can get the Dragon King’s Soul cBLLOu1.pngbuff to further increase your damage, though you can just as easily skip this buff. The rest are mostly for bragging rights, although you shouldn’t bother getting the Dragon King’s Strength g1ZNUMR.pngbuff as it’s completely useless to your Turtle Hermit.

• So you actually went through with it! ...you dirty job thief. bde9b0c674e6f35.png

I find some things disagreeable, as we have some differing opinions and views. Energy Reduction's great for keeping up Kaioken forever. And in the past, with Kaioken's crit stacking it was possible to put enemies to sleep, use Kaioken x4 to get a guaranteed critical Super Kamehameha and then follow up with insane powerboosts. No perfect anti-crit gear meant you were screwed, PERIOD.

Honestly, that combination that was so insanely overpowered, both in PvP and PvE, that it's likely the main reason Daneos wants to see Kaioken stacking dead for good. Spiritualists also benefit from SSJ in PvP when Kaioken isn't available BECAUSE they can put enemies to sleep and power up to that form. The CD just prevents it from being spammed.

But I'll keep the rest of my nitpicks to myself. Good job again on going through with all this! :dpeace:

• Well with people giving Energy Reduction credit I'll alter my review on it, especially since I like it too.

I actually want to hear these nitpicks of yours if you don't mind.

• First off great guide, why do you disagree with the recommendation on energy reduction? if you hypnosis someone you can put the buff on yourself to heal, it's as great as serene focus

I disagreed with his previous recommendation (which was the complete opposite). After both Echoson and me commented about it...

Well with people giving Energy Reduction credit I'll alter my review on it, especially since I like it too.

Sapha changed his review, which I now agree with.

• Here's an example of a build (my build to be exact) for those who are needing an example...IN PICTURE FORM! :D
    eJUo8NN.png
    Some notes about my build...

• Attack Speed Shackle is at 0 because, as I stated, its usage is situational and I already have the support I can give.
    • I went with Kamehameha over Turtle Rod Hurl due to the lack of end lag as I felt that could better advantage of the KD effect. However, I did only invest 3 SP as I suggested.
    • I invested in Increase Agility because, while small, the resistance is still useful in PvE and PvP. An example of this would be against Fighters: while the chances of their stuns being resisted is still a bit low, it's better than not having anything at all and this adds a slight advantage against them. Also Speed Fighters aren't going to be common if Attack Speed gets capped to a lower number.
    • Spirit Rod is at 1 SP because that's all I had left to spare.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask questions.

• @BlazingBarrager

What's your damage with rapid shot 5/5 (regular and crit) with your turtle buffs only.

For context, I'd also like to know your weapon stats and your e attack.

I use rapid shot at lvl 1 because it still feels like a valid option and I don't have to spend any SP on it, but I'd like to know how is it for someone that has it maxed.

Thanks!

• It does pretty decent damage even at +1 gloves (just upgraded to +2...freaken stone drop rate) and its crits deal nice damage. Using it in Super Saiyan and Kaio-Ken really ups the damage and it can be chained easily. Its crits also deal enough damage to kill mobs like the level 69 zombies on Papaya.

Normal hit with 1556 E.Atk is 4610 damage.
    Crit hit with 1556 E.Atk is 9060 damage. Crit Damage % is 42 from 27% Wand and Clear Mirror Index buff

The damage includes Spiritual Breakthrough buff, both E.Atk passives, and Super Saiyan active

As I said, it's a good combo skill to use in between your AOEs or after a KD from (Super) Kame.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!