My Issue with the last update

• Yes another thread from a spoiled noob who just wants daddy Daneos to make us OP Gods of Destruction :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, the last update pretty much destroyed the DPS on my turtle, even on my karma to a lesser extent.

My main gripe with the whole thing is that dealing good damage is kind of a crapshoot(Unless you have like +9's). I either crit and deal good damage, or I miss the crit and do basically chip damage. This hurts even more when I'm up in higher level dungeons and the whole team is counting on me for those crits. Unless a majin is there to cover my ass, I'm basically at the mercy of RNJesus.

Also the new dodge calc isn't helping, I went 2/3 FOC and I still miss on occasion, even when I'm a bloody Super Saiyan :S , Like even on my karma I can shoot 3 whammy balls all 3 of them bouncing off the enemy, Even with the focus buff.

My Main problem is that turtles are basically an all or nothing class, who's true potential lies in landing those crits. That strength is what makes the class, and without it they suffer from their strongest attacks constantly being on CD w/o any sort of payoff because they either

a). Miss the crit
    b). Miss their target outright

And yes I get we're just testin, no need to tell me over and over. But trust me, this is broken. Like cranes got a tremendous buff and turtles are going out of business

Just aint right

• On this point alone. Don't you think it's about time the crane had some sort of attention? The last 2 and a bit months people have been discussing how their skills and moved were bugged so badly that it made it very difficult to play.

Now the crane is playable. Daneos no longer has to put as much time into it and can focus on other characters and all classes are easily able to get to lvl 70 with no trouble other than the player not knowing their limits.

Turtles are hardly necessary for dungeon runs or TMQ or CCBD. Everyone and their grandma just thinks they need one because they have AoE and "it's a turtle. they're super OP" no. The only class you actually might 'Need' for a dungeon run when you're of appropriate level is the Dende or Poko. more often than not a turtle ruins thing by aggro too many mobs or in the case of UD3 they break the boxes that contain the Ghosts and screw the entire team because they think they can just solve all problems with their kamehamehas.

i don't need to go into details on how to play your class. Danuvius put it plain and simple for you. In dungeons no one is relying on a turtle for anything a karma, crane, or a plasma can't do. your niche is being a long range to ring in mobs from afar and then the Tank will take the aggro while the rest of you battle it as the healer looks after you and should you have one, the buffer keep you all boosted while doing their damage too.

Turtles aren't the best class by far. I've more often than not had success on TMQ or dungeon runs without a turtle in the team because most of them have such big egos they think they can go here there and everywhere and hit what they like as they'e the turtle... Healers should be focused on the tank and then the others as order of importance.

Going off on a tangent there so i'll stop. But yes, Daneos is testing calculations (as you said) and other people have mentioned they wish more changes for it since CCBD opened. You'll get your 'more normal' hit rate back eventually so sit tight and maybe try another class until then?

And yes I get we're just testin, no need to tell me over and over. But trust me, this is broken. Like cranes got a tremendous buff and turtles are going out of business

Just aint right

• Cosmo I don't appreciate you talking about Turtles like they're some newbie class that have players go "leeroy jenkins" with Kames. Seasoned users like myself have learned to control the use of Kames and they are quite helpful in assisting in a dungeon regardless if they're needed or not. Not saying Cranes aren't just as good (they're wonderful in fact), but a person shouldn't assume a Turtle Hermit user like that.

Hell I've even learned when its right to fire a Kame in platform or not. XD

• The crane buff was done really well and made the class stand-out on it's own, so I'll give credit where credit is due. If anything, I want cranes to stay this through OB

And I must've missed something honestly, you'll see a lot more parties w/ turtles than the other 3 you just mentioned. Though I will concede Plasmas can function as a substitute.

And Bad Turtle Players doesn't really represent the class, it never really should. I've dealt with all sorts of unccoperative people in parties and It is annoying, but I rarely blame the class. Usually If I hit something I wasn't supposed to, it's cause my aim was off

• dude i will be honest here seriously in a mmo will never exist a ''bad'' or ''good'' class the player itself is who make the class look horrible or not its just like playstyle thing,because if the devs put one too horrible class and one too awesome the game will be broken because the game will not have balance between the classes,all classes in this game are nice to play simple as that.

• dude i will be honest here seriously in a mmo will never exist a ''bad'' or ''good'' class the player itself is who make the class look horrible or not its just like playstyle thing,because if the devs put one too horrible class and one too awesome the game will be broken because the game will not have balance between the classes,all classes in this game are nice to play simple as that.

That's quite untrue for "this" specific MMO, you can have long discussions about it.
    Skill does matter of coarse, but the fact is, the class system in DBO was still very unbalanced.

A lot of players say this class or that class is OP, and they say that because they play a class that is countered by the "OP" class!

Maybe, a later edition to the game would be a Buff/Nerf System.
    Of coarse, this will make the game a bit more balanced for some classes and a bit more unbalanced for others!

I don't mind that at all!
    If a player knows only how to play 1 class, they should really learn more about the game!

A buff and nerf system would make making classes much more fun and you will be awaiting cool buffs for your skills so you can try them out in PVE or PVP, that'd be pretty nice!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!