Brown Boxes and Boss Event

• A more viable option to get brown boxes would actually help the economy. This is because it would keep the prices of them low and right now they're just going up in price and will continue to go up. About botters, the brown boxes from boss event and the silver/gold coins bind, so this means you cant sell them. Now the botter could use them on equips but if he ever gets banned he will lose all coins/brown boxes and theres only one server and a couple channels so they're easy to spot. Not to mention over the hours I spent farming this whole week I only got 23 silver coins, meaning the main viable source of gold coins is the daily quest, meaning botting for brown boxes would suck unless you had 30 bots which again would be easy to find and ban.

• A more viable option to get brown boxes would actually help the economy. This is because it would keep the prices of them low and right now they're just going up in price and will continue to go up. About botters, the brown boxes from boss event and the silver/gold coins bind, so this means you cant sell them. Now the botter could use them on equips but if he ever gets banned he will lose all coins/brown boxes and theres only one server and a couple channels so they're easy to spot. Not to mention over the hours I spent farming this whole week I only got 23 silver coins, meaning the main viable source of gold coins is the daily quest, meaning botting for brown boxes would suck unless you had 30 bots which again would be easy to find and ban.

Thanks for the reply. What method do you recommend for obtaining them? NPC? Drops? Timed Events? Also would you change the cash option for boxes with this? Remember the easier you make an item to get outside of the cash shop the less appealing the purchase is to a cash shopper. If boxes were too common or easy to obtain outside then the box roll on the wagu machine would feel as bad as the common dogi. You would see decreased wagu coin purchases since the machine has less "value" rolls. I appreciate you discussing with us. It is a step toward understanding and implementing a sustainable system that the majority are happy with.

I already gave a viable option....if you have ANY other ideas other than how I suggested for an event drop time for boxes, u stones (increased drop rate for x amount of time ) based on level of mob, dogi balls for possible cc rewards, dailies that give these, etc. I'm all ears. I'm not sure why people are simply stating that the system is bad (we know already...) and high-fiving each other with those that agree with them and bashing those who don't, without having an actual replacement, plan or suggestion.

• Well I like Box-head(boxbox) idea of 2 gold coins for x5 brown boxes, give it a 12 hour limit on being able to buy them and bam, F2P players only get a reasonable ammount daily, cashers can still sell them for good profit, and botters can't abuse them.

I dont really like the timed event idea since the new stone drop rate is more than enough reasons to farm. We need more reasons to spam PvE. A GM once said they were going to make silver boxes and legendary dogi balls droppable in dungeons but for some reason that was canceled, that'd be a great installment though, more of the community would stick together and have something to do rather than just afk.

• Thanks for the reply. What method do you recommend for obtaining them? NPC? Drops? Timed Events? Also would you change the cash option for boxes with this? Remember the easier you make an item to get outside of the cash shop the less appealing the purchase is to a cash shopper. If boxes were too common or easy to obtain outside then the box roll on the wagu machine would feel as bad as the common dogi. You would see decreased wagu coin purchases since the machine has less "value" rolls. I appreciate you discussing with us. It is a step toward understanding and implementing a sustainable system that the majority are happy with.

the chance of getting brown box from wagu machine are low so it wouldn't devalue wagu at all. The staff can rotate the unreleased dogi in wagu machine so the value can stay afloat with wagu coins.

• the chance of getting brown box from wagu machine are low so it wouldn't devalue wagu at all. The staff can rotate the unreleased dogi in wagu machine so the value can stay afloat with wagu coins.

That Isn't how slot machines work. If the only "win" is the jackpot and every other outcome is - value you actually discourage rolling on the wagu. You need some high, medium, and low wins to make slots desirable. The less desirable the wagu the less rolls. The less rolls the fewer times the wagu turns over(less jackpots) less jackpots means inflated jackpot prices. A f2p player who can afford a cowboy dogi or fairy wing now would not be able to afford it in your system. Everything you do impacts other items. That is the interesting thing about economics. You can't just look at one item in a vacuum. There is a delicate balance.

• That Isn't how slot machines work. If the only "win" is the jackpot and every other outcome is - value you actually discourage rolling on the wagu. You need some high, medium, and low wins to make slots desirable. The less desirable the wagu the less rolls. The less rolls the fewer times the wagu turns over(less jackpots) less jackpots means inflated jackpot prices. A f2p player who can afford a cowboy dogi or fairy wing now would not be able to afford it in your system. Everything you do impacts other items. That is the interesting thing about economics. You can't just look at one item in a vacuum. There is a delicate balance.

There are no f2p player at all that have a cowboy dogi or fairy wings. also it seem you just made your account like 2 day ago and your hard defending wagu machine/ trying to get feedback on a broken system that countless member of this community have given multiple solution to fix I think Iceman made an thread with a decent amount of suggestions and replies on how f2p can get their hands on brown boxes:/ and btw boss event still give 1 brown for 4 gold coins and 10kk zeni, that the reason why I made this thread.

• There are no f2p player at all that have a cowboy dogi or fairy wings. also it seem you just made your account like 2 day ago and your hard defending wagu machine/ trying to get feedback on a broken system that countless member of this community have given multiple solution to fix I think Iceman made an thread with a decent amount of suggestions and replies on how f2p can get their hands on brown boxes:/ and btw boss event still give 1 brown for 4 gold coins and 10kk zeni, that the reason why I made this thread.

I actually played dbo back in 2009 Korean CBT. There are probably still videos. I'm technically the wiki admin, but stopped after not playing DBO and made accounts for many non-Korean to play DBO. My forum account is new, but I played DBO before many here have.

• There are no f2p player at all that have a cowboy dogi or fairy wings. also it seem you just made your account like 2 day ago and your hard defending wagu machine/ trying to get feedback on a broken system that countless member of this community have given multiple solution to fix I think Iceman made an thread with a decent amount of suggestions and replies on how f2p can get their hands on brown boxes:/ and btw boss event still give 1 brown for 4 gold coins and 10kk zeni, that the reason why I made this thread.

The fact of the matter is you don't really now that. I and others (as cash shoppers) give stuff to our friends for free all the time lol. It also doesn't matter how long you've played dbo, anyone can figure out probability with math and provide good enough input.

• The fact of the matter is you don't really now that. I and others (as cash shoppers) give stuff to our friends for free all the time lol. It also doesn't matter how long you've played dbo, anyone can figure out probability with math and provide good enough input.

Yeah okay but that doesn't really matter because the main topic of this thread is brown boxes & Boss event

• Yeah okay but that doesn't really matter because the main topic of this thread is brown boxes & Boss event

We already talked about it. The boss boxes are not meant to be purchased. They are designed to be a price ceiling that traded boxes can't cross. Now is that ceiling too high? Yes. Does it matter? Not really because if inflation really got that bad you have bigger problems. Boxes as a drop even part of boss mob loot tables( must be within 2 or 3 levels of you to drop( would be better ways to distribute boxes to free to play users. NPC vendors should be avoided since like I said before create ceilings. Ceilings are safety valves not primary lines you should be interacting with.

• Brown Boxes should be brought back into the cash shop like they where in retail, same as excellent dogi balls.

Completely unfair that some people strike it lucky in the wagu machine, where as others buy stacks of wagus only to get the same garbage dogis, and energy pots.

Its then allowing the people that do strike it lucky to demand outrageous prices for things which is very quickly unbalancing the economy.

Before people start commenting about cash to win. The game always was cash to win in retail, Global is and always will be cash to win as long as there is a cash shop in the game.

We should be able to cash for the things that we like, rather than gambling on % on wagu exclusive items.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!