My thoughts about combat adjustments PVE & PVP

• I've read a few threads regarding combat adjustments and re-configuring base stat changes and I've come up with a few opinions about why the game is lacking in this area:

1. The base stats aren't under a completely correct formula which causes a few balance issues with base stats for certain classes.

2. The guard and combat system needs a little adjusting.

3. Classes aren't up to standard as compared to other MMO's.

Solutions to these few problems would be to:

1. Re-adjust the stats for all classes are in need and to be able to have it so that no "one class" should be a meta, many games fail to recognize this issue and have died far too fast because of it.

-Remove the dodge stat entirely and replace it with a real-time dodge and evading system through the dash mechanism instead.

-Re-adjust the Con+ formula Def+formula Dex+ formula so that they pan out evenly among all classes in base stats and reconfigure gear stats to give less con dex and def bonuses for end game (because these are the most important stats and mostly talked about regarding balancing issues).

2. Re-adjust the fighting system into a real time hack & slash combat system (example Dragons Nest) other options to further support this are listed below:

- Dash actually avoids attacks and monsters can't continuously deal damage to you as you are running away.

- All classes re-obtaining block as a skill with the newly adjusted combat system can block using a portion of defense from their base stat (you will still lose hp).

- Chargeable skills will no longer require the players to wait for the skill to burst but will be given the option to hold the skill's key number down to the same effect as the charge in order to deal the same damage as when waiting for. And the instant burst will do slightly less damage.

because as i remember in the anime of DBZ, was all about being the best of the best martial Artists, so skill is required.

-This game should not be solely dependent on the Players gear.

3. In most MMO's the most noticeable aspects to making them fun are usually the end game content and the PVP, Primarily PVP. But I will explain what I mean by classes aren't up to standard.

-All characters should have the same amount or access to survival regardless of its class differentiate.

-All classes have something unique to offer when playing a role and no class was less used considering whether its in skill or a play style.

Take Heed of these suggestions because if ignored any longer players will see needs in other games of this kind and will gravitate there instead. I'm all about positivity and this game has alot of potential that needs to be nurtured and not set on the back burner. Its been given up on at least twice as far as i've known, maybe three times. But I want to see a game as beautiful as this flourish into the world that was spawned from the original anime series, and Author: Akira Toriyama.

Thank you for taking the time to read these brainstormed ideas.

Sincerely, Azwar

• Solutions to these few problems would be to:

1. Re-adjust the stats for all classes are in need and to be able to have it so that no "one class" should be a meta, many games fail to recognize this issue and have died far too fast because of it.

-Remove the dodge stat entirely and replace it with a real-time dodge and evading system through the dash mechanism instead.

-Re-adjust the Con+ formula Def+formula Dex+ formula so that they pan out evenly among all classes in base stats and reconfigure gear stats to give less con dex and def bonuses for end game (because these are the most important stats and mostly talked about regarding balancing issues).

One thing that should be noted is that while the programmers have alot of influence over the game's design, they can't build/develop new systems from scratch. Well... its theoretically possible, but given the time it would take for new balanced metagame to be developed, and how players would just leave frustrated given that all of their gear has become obsolete, such a system wouldn't be feasible. Its best to work with what we have.

So your solution ti make all classes balanced, while a good one, isn't possible with a game this old. This game was designed with specific class roles in mind, and we should keep that niche. Classes should be balanced insofar that one should never dominate, and one should never be useless. But you should never expect a dende to perform as affectively as a DPS. A game Shouldn't reward a team of 5 dendes easy outdoing a TMQ, when 5 swordsman cannot. Something isn't right there.

There is also a PVP divide in this game: 1v1 or Pary Pvp, each with differing classes. And while this structure works in principle, what happens is that classes get thrown out, and skill is abandoned in place of gear/shilling/rng armor bullshit.

The stats system is fine, its how the classes RECEIVE their bonuses which could make the difference.

3. In most MMO's the most noticeable aspects to making them fun are usually the end game content and the PVP, Primarily PVP. But I will explain what I mean by classes aren't up to standard.

-All characters should have the same amount or access to survival regardless of its class differentiate.

-All classes have something unique to offer when playing a role and no class was less used considering whether its in skill or a play style.

What you don't seem to realize is that these two foundations, while sound, are mutually exclusive. You cannot have both in a truly balanced game. In order to achieve balance, while this might seem counter-intuitive, classes must inevitably have specific niches and roles. Balance is achieved when the amount of roles of one character must be aided or countered by the existence of another character.

For instance, a DPS role should be to do as much damage as possible, it just wouldn't make sense to allow for such a role to also serve as a tank/healer/DPS, it'd be unstoppable.

In a balanced game, a DPS would be reliant on a tank to soak up damage, and this tank would be reliant on a healer to support/buff him, and this healer would rely on the DPS to protect him. We have a thematic chain where one role is dependent on and needs another, and no role on their own should be able to achieve success without the other.

In a PVP sense, a tank should not be able to outperform a DPS in terms of raw damage, however the tank should not be necessarily able to lose 100% of the time. Classes should be given a fighting chance. My solution is to focus on Party PVP, as that has more variables, and thus requires more skill to outperform your opponent.

Good post btw

• You would also have to consider games like dragons nest in terms of role play all classes can effectively fill roles as well as perform in solo missions and most games have been steering away from one class being useless when it comes to soloing pve dungeons and pvp in general, final fantasy xiv added in sync and non sync as an example. Plus commanding missions where you lead your own team that you've hired. Black desert online gives you chances to play how you want even if classes are involved. Trove steered into a new direction as in constantly upgrading gear to have higher power ranking whilst using potions as a way of keeping them alive longer. Gaia online's MMO, zOMG has class system but every stat is technically the same for each player. If DBZ continues its own route at least it could find a way to use TERA as a guideline. Maybe Skyforge as well where there is a huge stat tree to boost your own stats similar to path of exile. But that's just a few examples whether they want to continue their way or not they have to make the decision as soon as they can and not stay dormant with the game. Because right now we're living in a time where MMO's are shutting down quite rapidly after launching big and final updates, due to first person shooter games being a thing.

• You would also have to consider games like dragons nest in terms of role play all classes can effectively fill roles as well as perform in solo missions and most games have been steering away from one class being useless when it comes to soloing pve dungeons and pvp in general, final fantasy xiv added in sync and non sync as an example. Plus commanding missions where you lead your own team that you've hired. Black desert online gives you chances to play how you want even if classes are involved. Trove steered into a new direction as in constantly upgrading gear to have higher power ranking whilst using potions as a way of keeping them alive longer. Gaia online's MMO, zOMG has class system but every stat is technically the same for each player. If DBZ continues its own route at least it could find a way to use TERA as a guideline. Maybe Skyforge as well where there is a huge stat tree to boost your own stats similar to path of exile. But that's just a few examples whether they want to continue their way or not they have to make the decision as soon as they can and not stay dormant with the game. Because right now we're living in a time where MMO's are shutting down quite rapidly after launching big and final updates, due to first person shooter games being a thing.

You make good points, I'm a Elder Scrolls Online player myself, and its true that any class can fulfill any role, but some classes still outperform others allowing for min/maxing, which is something DBO centralizes on. You need to be geared/spec'd to do whatever, but theoretically any class could do any role provided one's skillful enough, but the game was made with that in mind. DBO is more of a classic mmo with defined roles. A dende's skills can never allow it to be a DPS, and a fighter will never be able to heal, whereas in ESO most skills are available to all races/classes (albeit some garner more special effects more than others)

So we should first focus on making all classes USABLE before balancing them all. at this point, there's no reason to choose a plasma, or a Swordsman, as their roles are better fulfilled by Karmas/Fighters. We need to give these classes a reason to exist

• You make good points, I'm a Elder Scrolls Online player myself, and its true that any class can fulfill any role, but some classes still outperform others allowing for min/maxing, which is something DBO centralizes on. You need to be geared/spec'd to do whatever, but theoretically any class could do any role provided one's skillful enough, but the game was made with that in mind. DBO is more of a classic mmo with defined roles. A dende's skills can never allow it to be a DPS, and a fighter will never be able to heal, whereas in ESO most skills are available to all races/classes (albeit some garner more special effects more than others)

So we should first focus on making all classes USABLE before balancing them all. at this point, there's no reason to choose a plasma, or a Swordsman, as their roles are better fulfilled by Karmas/Fighters. We need to give these classes a reason to exist

lol why fighter instead of swordsman?

• L2P

I'm not saying that these classes are useless, only they they're outclassed. Sure they can achieve success and anyone skilled enough can make them worthwhile, however they would effectively be neutering themselves by doing so when other classes have so many more benefits and positives that forgoing that would be pointless.

As a point of argument: A pro player can take a "B" class character, and win against "S" class characters against players who aren't skilled. However if two evenly skilled players match each-other, choosing a character from a lower tier would be to intentionally handicap yourself due to the nature of the character you're using. Games aren't ever truly balanced, but what we have here are characters that're outmatched in every regard. There's nothing class B can do that class S can't do better.

There is NO reason to choose a Plasma Majin over a Karma or an Ultimate. There is NO reason to pick a DW over a SK (well.. I mean some arguments can be made, but overall they involve incredibly skilled players using the best of the best +15 gear to make valuable, so its overall outclassed)

• I'm not saying that these classes are useless, only they they're outclassed.

its the same, who invite cranes in budokai party?, but turtle win more rewards than cranes in pvp solo and pvp party. also in pve ccdungeon all prefer turtles, check de equipament of turtles and cranes, if the crane will only pvp why not have any broken skill?

dende is full pve and pvp, it must be only one thing, its a healer, why this character can be all?

karma is full pve and pvp, it must be pvp or pve. why this character can be all?

ultimate have more resistence than fighter that only can be pvp.

the weakest race is the human, skills and armor.

the human race is easily replaced in ccdungeon with a chef and ultimate and speed characters.

• I fought you in ranked and can say ur skills are not good compared to sendoku or flatearth man

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!