Just how did you manage to get this game up?

• This game wasn't open sourced to my knowledge, alot of things were client side. But besides that, what are you actually able to modify from this game? I used to play DBO and it wasn't a complete game then. But I'm wondering if this team plans a finished incarnation. Are you able to add new art assets, new NPCs/Enemies. But I just registered here and this looks like the Original DBO forums I was on a while ago.

• I could say yup, they're able to do so. But I guarantee that no changes would be seen untill they manage to get the server stable enough and officialy release the new era of DBO.

Hey! I actually am a programmer and I feel like I can contribute in a lot of areas. I also have about 2 years experience with various 3d modelling programs and I understand alot about the process. I don't speak Korean though so translating would be hard.

• The team had to re-code some stuff themselves. And there is an English patch where most of the stuff is in English, only a few things aren't. The translators are working very hard for this game, same with the developers.

• Hey! I actually am a programmer and I feel like I can contribute in a lot of areas. I also have about 2 years experience with various 3d modelling programs and I understand alot about the process. I don't speak Korean though so translating would be hard.

Contact the devs bro

In-Game: FemGoku (FemHuman) | Yoshida (MaleHuman) | Kushiro (FemMajin) | Ezra (FemMajin)
    bSApBbf.jpg

• Reverse engineering the original client and writing your own game server application, pretty much. If you know all the packet data structures the client expects from the server, you'll be about halfway there

Anyway, don't bother trying to contribute/volunteer as a developer though if you don't have years of mmorpg development experience

• I heard that the Japan version was leaked by employees that were upset about the ending of it. From my understanding in Japan they still have 4 servers up and active but unable to play overseas not sure if that is true or not. Been a lot of rumors since the game shut it's doors.

• I heard that the Japan version was leaked by employees that were upset about the ending of it. From my understanding in Japan they still have 4 servers up and active but unable to play overseas not sure if that is true or not. Been a lot of rumors since the game shut it's doors.

This seems like a fake rumor, and as far as I'm concerned there was only a TW, KR, and HK version, not a Japan version. If it was able to be played only in Japan, we'd be seeing a lot more YouTube videos on it.

• Reverse engineering the original client and writing your own game server application, pretty much. If you know all the packet data structures the client expects from the server, you'll be about halfway there

Anyway, don't bother trying to contribute/volunteer as a developer though if you don't have years of mmorpg development experience

When a game is completed it is compiled and the game cannot be modified unless they left certain parts intentionally open sourced. You cannot modify their data unless you knew how to decrypt the data. From what I've seen this game is programmed from an object oriented language like C#. I don't need "years of MMORPG Development experience" since the genre is only a few years old itself. I make games. I was just interested in seeing how people accessed the game files that I thought were stored Server Side. You see, MMOs have two versions of the game. Client Side, Server Side. Thus, reproducing an MMO or "reverse engineering" it would take files straight from that studio.

• There was a whole controversy regarding who actually owns the client.

In the a early days, the only people who made it known that they had the server files was the DBOPs team.

After that, shit went down, stuff was leaked and stolen.. And DBO became a profit opportunity. A lot of shit happened behind the scenes that people don't know about.

I'll leave it at that.

• When a game is completed it is compiled and the game cannot be modified unless they left certain parts intentionally open sourced. You cannot modify their data unless you knew how to decrypt the data. From what I've seen this game is programmed from an object oriented language like C#. I don't need "years of MMORPG Development experience" since the genre is only a few years old itself. I make games. I was just interested in seeing how people accessed the game files that I thought were stored Server Side. You see, MMOs have two versions of the game. Client Side, Server Side. Thus, reproducing an MMO or "reverse engineering" it would take files straight from that studio.

You sound like a rookie. You dont even know what reverse engineering is. Else you would've understood that by reverse engineering, I was referring to deobfuscating, decompiling and refactoring the existing compiled client code to something that is comprehensable by humans.

"Dont need years of experience", "decrypting existing code" l0l you know nothing kid. And no its not c#, its c++ which is compiled to machine code so have fun reverse engineering that. Not as easy as in c# and java

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!