Balance Suggestion Thread

• attack speed is capped at 100% i guess that differnet classes shoudl have different caps i mean melle classes should have better caps then ranged and imo fighters should have the best since part of their kit is built around it.
    but the game was fine back in the day no need to change anything .

"Fine Back In the Day" my ass. Doing Papaya UDs and CC required players to have restricted parties, with a buffer, a Dende, Poko Priest, Karma and a spiritual filler (usually a Turtle). Anything else and you were rejected unless you had tremendously good gear (which, being a heavy pay2win game, was hard for a lot of players). As Finegolfin said, speed shouldn't be the only way to beat a dungeon.

• Cranes need to be buffed. Since the stat change, now they can't get crits as they need to wear FOC for the success rate, and their DEX passive is useless as it was used to get some phy crits. Moreover, the high antibleed cancels out this class for PvP.

• Cranes need to be buffed. Since the stat change, now they can't get crits as they need to wear FOC for the success rate, and their DEX passive is useless as it was used to get some phy crits. Moreover, the high antibleed cancels out this class for PvP.

Agreed. Even with their Passives they still need more FOC to get success rate and STR to boost their bleeds, which also makes it hard against players stacking anti-bleed. Only thing I can think of is capping anti-bleed, but that would probably hurt SKs even more.

• My Balance thoughts:

Fighter Balanced

Swordsman Balanced

Crane hermit
    Need turtle book

Turle hermit
    Physical Defense Boost Energy Defense descrease by 346/651/1048 to 173/326/524 & same with Spiritual Defense Boost

Dark Warrior
    Increase some aoe skills dmg

Shadow Knight
    Bold Strike 165/195/232/279% to about 374/465/580/812~ fix bleed

Dende Priest Balanced

Poko Priest
    Kami's Protection Reflects 24 -> 17~

Ultimate Majin Balanced

Grand Chef Majin
    Increase Their buffs & passives or idk

Plasma Majin
    Increase some skills dmg

Karma Majin
    in Wonder Majin Skills Confusion Dark Beam Range 35M to 25M~

Fighter potion
    CD to 10min duration 1min
    Turtle Book
    Male turtle same effect as female
    Gives all rp ball -> 4

• you think its boring i dont , it looks cool feels good and overl-all is fine.i dont get all these changes you guys vote for i mean the game wasnt perfect but it was fun the way it was and you cant just put a nerf to everything that is slightly strong like dex for example the entire kit of fighters was based on it + SM used it and turtle with FOC but changing these will only hurt humans that even back in the day werent that dominating. they werent that tough to beat and nerfing an entire race just cause doenst make sense...

It looks cool and feels good so it should totally stay the same.
    Speed was a bad thing to happen to DBO in general or atleast in my opinion, it's not healthy for a mmo to have such a strong meta. It excluded a lot of classes and forced you to build speed if you wanted to be relevant at all.
    I realise that no game is completely perfect, there will always be things considered OP whatsoever, but it's never a bad thing to discuss these things and ask for the opinions of others, for as far as I know none of the changes suggested in this thread came through so it's really just pointing out what the community likes and dislikes.
    Changing stats should never happen without thoroughly testing them first and I'm sure this will be done if it's going to happen. Your statement about humans not dominating isn't what I've been seeing in game since KR. The human race was probably the most populated and they were in a 'fairly' good position.

• Agreed. Even with their Passives they still need more FOC to get success rate and STR to boost their bleeds, which also makes it hard against players stacking anti-bleed. Only thing I can think of is capping anti-bleed, but that would probably hurt SKs even more.

Another way would be changing some of their skills in order to not to have bleed on most of them, but giving them some variety.

Their most used/powerfull DoTs are Searing Crane (burn), Mystical Crane Typhoon (bleed), Dodon Ray (bleed) and Dodon Barrage (bleed). 3/4 are bleed, none uses abdominal nor poison DoT, because the only abdominal dots are Double Bleed (5 sp for just 69 abdominal) and Double Gut Buster debuff (4sp for 87 abdominal) and the only poison they have is Poison Bleed (7sp for 121 poison, and you have to add the sp you need to reach it). What is my point? That it is not worth spending those sp for ridiculous bleed/poison damage and I propose to switch some of the Bleed skills from the Crane tree to abdominal or poison DoTs, that way you can solve the antibleed problem too. Or maybe make at least that poison DoT of Spiritualist Tree worthy, lowering the amount of sp needed and increasing the poison damage it deals.

With that variety in DoTs, you will see more variety in Crane Builds as with that change, people could think on taking at least one of those 4 skills that none takes:

b97ba7662d20edbe9802dd519d25bfc1.png

• My thoughts in italics.

• It looks cool and feels good so it should totally stay the same.
    Speed was a bad thing to happen to DBO in general or atleast in my opinion, it's not healthy for a mmo to have such a strong meta. It excluded a lot of classes and forced you to build speed if you wanted to be relevant at all.
    I realise that no game is completely perfect, there will always be things considered OP whatsoever, but it's never a bad thing to discuss these things and ask for the opinions of others, for as far as I know none of the changes suggested in this thread came through so it's really just pointing out what the community likes and dislikes.
    Changing stats should never happen without thoroughly testing them first and I'm sure this will be done if it's going to happen. Your statement about humans not dominating isn't what I've been seeing in game since KR. The human race was probably the most populated and they were in a 'fairly' good position.

humans were the most populated cause they look the best and have great animation like come on you wanted to be like goku or gohan or vegita not like picolo or bou and they were decent but SK were the best i have seen and played in many budokais and i can tell you every fight unless one side was geared poorly could go either way.

• Perhaps one way we can do this is have it like this.

Fan Out/Master Fan Out: Bleed/Abdominal (bleed for former, Abdominal for latter)
    Crane Cyclone: Poison
    Mystical Crane Typhoon: Bleed/Poison (divide the max value by 2 and apply the result to both DoTs)
    Dodan Ray: Abdominal
    Dodan Barrage: Bleed
    Firey Shout: Buff it slightly so it deals more Burn damage
    Searing Crane: Pretty much fine.

• Maybe it wouldn't be ok to add DoTs on Fan Out/ Master Fan Out as there would be a lot of DoTs and with their movement speed decrease it is ok. Maybe it would be ok if we only add a DoT to Master Fan Out instead of movement speed decrease.

Crane Cyclone is something I don't care since none will use it because of its low DoT damage. It can stay bleed.

Fiery Shout is problematic because of its 2 seconds cast and low state and DoT damage. The good thing about it is its 20m AoE to attract mobs so maybe it is ok as it is as none would spend sp on it even if you make it a little bit stronger.

Searing Crane is perfect as it is.

About Mystical Crane Typhoon is interesting the double DoT you propose and Bleed/Poison seems interesting.

And Dodon Ray and Dodon Barrage I think it makes more sense as you say in order to give some variety. Dodon Ray abdominal as it is one shot, and Barrage bleeding as it is a multiple shots (if it is useful to give some sense to it :/ )

Master Fan Out as Poison, because in the stronger DoTs skills there is no pure poison skill:

• Seargin crane -> 364 Burn
    • Dodon Barrage -> 379 Bleed
    • Dodon Ray -> 217 Abdominal
    • Mystical Crane Typhoon -> 50% Bleed (maybe it can be Abdominal as Dodon Ray is the weakest DoT) and 50% Poison [173 of each DoT]
    • Seargin crane -> 364 Burn
    • Dodon Barrage -> 379 Bleed
    • Dodon Ray -> 217 Abdominal

these with crane and spirit passives
    Seargin crane -> 793
    Dodon Barrage -> 826
    Dodon Ray -> 473
    Mystical Crane Typhoon -> 754
    Searing crane need KD
    and Dodon Ray not weak if boosted with rp the bleed is 1000+

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!