Balance Suggestion Thread

• Well seeing as how a lot of people don't quite what "balancing" really is in game design, I'll just leave this little wiki here before requesting you guys to actually think if DBO really is currently as "balanced" as a lot of you say it is. Blazing Used Link Function!

That's not how balancing works. You can't just work on one or two classes and expect the game to be fine. I will admit that the Grand's Chef only gimmick was slightly OP, but the nerf it got was too big and had players begin going for Ults. Shame really, because while Ultimates have some better buffs Grand Chefs were much better at tanking and possess more attack power.
    As for Lost in Time, that skill was just broken period because of its range and it lasted long enough to use Hypnosis, Dodan Barrage, and a debuff or two. The loss wasn't too big though since Cranes also have Freeze, which you can combo into Hypnosis due to the ending recovery lag your opponent experiences.

Let me start off by saying I never said just those 2 classes needed to be changed, I was just stating that I know those two for sure needed a buff of some sort, I don't know what to buff because I never played the classes I'd have to give that job to someone who was good with them. (which I think is no one at this point but I do plan on making one) and you can't just look at the skill calculator and think you know everything about the class, because some classes are very dependent on their Base Stats, gear,combos etc. so in order to get a more clear view on how to balance these classes we'd need Daneos to let a couple EDUCATED pvp players test out level 70 classes they have knowledge of and really go into depth on how to balance everything or else all of this balancing from the skill calculator alone are just speculations and I think I should be one of them for Swordsman. Now for starters on the SM class it's pretty fair when facing most classes but facing an SK that has better gear than you and has atleast some skill, it does not matter if you have the best strategy possible, if you dont crit within the time of your stuns you're done for, because you will not deal enough base damage having to deal with Steal life, Fear, and Bold strike. Imo instead of having to rely on crits so much for the more tanky classes their base damage needs to be buffed because they crit insane but do such low base dmg. (This is a problem with other classes as well.)

• This. This is what I'm talking about. You can't just say "oh buff this and nerf that" you need to have experience with that class so that you know its mechanics very well and can practically see what's good and what's not. Again, I'll use my knowledge of Turtle Hermits as an example.

If we were to talk about nerfs, the two top things that need to be nerfed are Weaken Defense and Turtle Book. Weaken Defense (a Spiritualist debuff) lasts 20 minutes. 20. MINUTES. That right there is a no no for a debuff period. Its stat reduction values are fine (slightly weaker than Dragonic Curse in the Warrior tree), but its duration needs to be severely reduced. Yeah its good for PvE, but in PvP it's so easy to get off and you'd be at a disadvantage in an instant.

Turtle Book Pot needs nerfing as well, as it is one of the primary reason Divine was able to win Budokai so many times. How can we nerf it? Either get rid of it entirely (which imo needs to happen along with Fighter pot) or ban it from Budokai.

• I know this isnt the main discussion but what changes you guys think pure majin's transformation should have? and the others too

Hi Khandbo:

For Trasnformations I would like to reduce Cooldown times (CDT) arround 12 or 20 minutes all of them.

Im not sure the exact ammount but it will be arround those numbers

This way Nameks and Majins can enjoy their respective trasnformations. Also will give u the chance to use them whit less strees of being killed, why:

"Remember the time u got buffed but something happend and u coudlnt take advantage while using ur transformation?"

Thats why, 20 min tops of CDT will be way much better.

In general I also would like to increase all transformation Stats by 30% more than the vanilla config. In my own personal opinion transformation should be pretty bad ass, and they arent. Thats why 30% more it sound pretty good, will not create any unbalance and will add that punch of power to the trasnformations they need.

Thats what I have in mind, let me know ur thoughts about it

THX bro

• cool ideas bro. As someone had already suggested something like that, i think it also would be interesting if each transformation had some kind of skill tree. Taking Kid Buu as example, in addition to his mobility be horrible (can't use dash), he can only use two attacks, that costs a lot of SP if u want them to be strong, making the gameplay with him be quite boring. so i think it would be interesting to create unique skill tree for each transformation with unique abilities but i don't know if this is viable to make, maybe too hard.

• cool ideas bro. As someone had already suggested something like that, i think it also would be interesting if each transformation had some kind of skill tree. Taking Kid Buu as example, in addition to his mobility be horrible (can't use dash), he can only use two attacks, that costs a lot of SP if u want them to be strong, making the gameplay with him be quite boring. so i think it would be interesting to create unique skill tree for each transformation with unique abilities but i don't know if this is viable to make, maybe too hard.

Yea it is a great Idea, but that aint that simple, creating new moves, skills and new things take to much hard work, aint that ez, but
    we can add improvements, like increassing move speed, attak speed, or even make the avalable skills much more powerfull whit less Skill points, u have to remmeber that for every simgle detail it needs programming, texture, animations, and aloot of other things its jut to much hard work for 1 person only.

Yet its a great Idea, besides it will neeed to increseas lvl cap to 100 or something like it, to had enoguh SP for the new skills,
    The implications about new skill tree are huge.
    Adding Dash and other alredy existing content can be made whit no problem.

Thx for ur comments bro.

• The current state values were fine doesn't need chaging, just adjusting STR, SOUL,ENG to have better perks

Yeah those three stats need adjusting while FOC and DEX need nerfing. FOC should govern physical and energy crit rates in addition to the obvious Hit Rate while DEX continues to govern dodge and resistance. Reason why I say that is because Fighters became much more powerful when NTL replaced the bleed effect on the Needle skills for the "crit hit dmg increase" while slightly boosting their damage. Since DEX also governs Physical Crit Rate as well as the Scouter revamp removing anti-crit chips, they became too powerful. Granted they weren't invincible, but still.

STR and SOL should govern Crit damage in addition to base damage of their respective stats while ENG needs to be buffed in some way.

Hi Khandbo:
    For Trasnformations I would like to reduce Cooldown times (CDT) arround 12 or 20 minutes all of them.

I say 25 to 30 minute CD is good for transformations considering we have access to CD reduction gear. As for the transformation themselves, just add the ability to donate SP into them to reduce drain/raise time limit and increase stat boosts (1 SP to the initial unlock should be good). As for Great Nameks and Pure Majins, I don't see much of an issue right now since players typically go for 1 SP on Great Namek skills and maxing out "Genocide Blast!" on Pure Majin (Genocide Blast and Planet Burst need their values raised to match Wonders as well).

• What? It let fighters down bosses in seconds

That's way too long dude

Attack Speed needs to be capped anyway. If there's one thing I hated about the old DBO is that hard dungeons like Kraken and CC Dungeon were only done with Attack Speed. Very little strategy was involved, which not only restricted the classes you could use for them but also fights boring.

And don't even think about whining about Fighter's losing Thunder spam because of the cap. They have other options to work with.

• Attack Speed needs to be capped anyway. If there's one thing I hated about the old DBO is that hard dungeons like Kraken and CC Dungeon were only done with Attack Speed. Very little strategy was involved, which not only restricted the classes you could use for them but also fights boring.
    And don't even think about whining about Fighter's losing Thunder spam because of the cap. They have other options to work with.

How do I enhance my attack speed????

• Attack Speed needs to be capped anyway. If there's one thing I hated about the old DBO is that hard dungeons like Kraken and CC Dungeon were only done with Attack Speed. Very little strategy was involved, which not only restricted the classes you could use for them but also fights boring.

you think its boring i dont , it looks cool feels good and overl-all is fine.
    i dont get all these changes you guys vote for i mean the game wasnt perfect but it was fun the way it was and you cant just put a nerf to everything that is slightly strong like dex for example the entire kit of fighters was based on it + SM used it and turtle with FOC but changing these will only hurt humans that even back in the day werent that dominating. they werent that tough to beat and nerfing an entire race just cause doenst make sense...

That is true, there should be some changes not to restrict some classes in those dungeons. Speed shouldn't be the only way to do them.

• That is true, there should be some changes not to restrict some classes in those dungeons. Speed shouldn't be the only way to do them.

attack speed is capped at 100% i guess that differnet classes shoudl have different caps i mean melle classes should have better caps then ranged and imo fighters should have the best since part of their kit is built around it.

but the game was fine back in the day no need to change anything .

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!