UPDATED Lvl 33 automatic book would u want it or no.

• yeah sorry that doesnt make sense,its like me going to the town fair,not use ANY of the rides and then complain and say that the town fair sucks because there isnt anything to do.
    if you skip content you have no right to complain about the lack of it,granted you can only complain about end level content but skipping those 33 levels should automatically devoid you of any right to complain that there isnt anything to do...

Are you actually serious? That's such a poor analogy. How does skipping about 10% of content = skipping the entire game? If I do recall, you aren't very well versed in DBO are you? There's hardly any content from levels 10-33, like I said just RP1, UD1 and TMQ1. And you're not really skipping this content since you have to be about level 30 to play the HARD runs of UD1 and TMQ1.

Not only are you suggesting an absurd idea, but you're restricting people from voicing their own opinions. Like how do you plan on implementing such a thing, "oh you should be banned for complaining if you have a history with the 33 stone".

This was like one of the worst things I've read on these forums, actually. You seem more butt hurt by this than anyone else.

Btw, here would be a correct analogy to use.

You go out to dinner with friends
    You decide to skip appetisers
    You decide it's time to go for the full course meal
    You are disappointed by lack of options given on the menu
    You finished your dinner, time for desserts.
    You're still hungry, but there isn't much on the dining menu that appeals to you.
    You go home craving Mcdonalds because your hunger isn't satisfied from what you ate for dinner.

And now you have no right to complain about being hungry because you skipped appetisers (SARCASM)

• You go out to dinner with friends.
    You decide to skip appetisers.
    You eat the rest of the menu.
    You are still hungry.
    You complain because there was not enough food.

That is the proper analogy. In your analogy, one thing is to be disspointed by the lack of variety, and other to be hungry because there was not enough food in your meal.

The person who ate the appetisers and all the meal can complain of being hungry, the person who didn't eat the appetisers shouldn't because s/he had the opportunity to eat more and refused it.

• restricting people from voicing their own opinions?

what opinions would that be exactly?

its a simple concept,my analogy maybe a bit off but if you cant understand it then we have bigger issues.

if you skip content you are actually shaving off hours of your game time,now now i know how mmo players like it these days,if they could they would skip the grind by paying some money and login and look at their new max level heroe,then go to the mailbox and pick up all the shinny top level gear and bam there you have it.

i on the other hand play the game a bit differently,i dont consider it a grind,its part of the game that is why i enjoy,people wanting to inmediately jump levels and skip content are completely missing the true purpose of mmos,but hey who am i to tell you how to play,right?

now yeah im not well versed in dbo but is dbo a revolutionary mmo that invented the wheel? answer is a big resounding NO.
    this is a themepark mmo so yeah its a pretty easy concept which hasnt changed much in the last 15 years,level up a character,reach level cap,run dungeons for better gear so you can do raids and that is about it (not mentioning pvp because i dont partake in it)
    mmo is an mmo,im not saying dont have the books or stones available just have some sort of restriction on them,perfect choice would be have 1 character of each starting area and then you can get the book or stone.
    you got all 3 then go ahead and skip ahead all you want,in my honest opinion that is just plain lazyness but hey if you want it you got it.

and about the complaining ive meet a ton of people like that in mmo forums,bwaa bwaa cry me a rive i got nothing to do this game SUCKS, then you reply to their post and ask them questions and it so happens that they havent done squat,no reputations,no crafting,no achievements,no knowledge of the history and story of the game they are playing...NOTHING,they just went ahead grinding like mad men just to reach max level so they could ''PwN'' everyone and everything.

think what you will,not going to change my opinion.

• Even if that was the proper analogy, appetisers aren't meant to fill you up.
    I'll also point out why my analogy makes more sense. You are missing the dislike factor in yours. Again, many will use the stone to skip the 10-33 because they're sick and tired of it.

Your analogy would make sense if the stone wasn't added to the game.
    Remember the premise of our analogies are about game content WITH the stone. Don't miss out that factor.

• Even if that was the proper analogy, appetisers aren't meant to fill you up. I'll also point out why my analogy makes more sense. You are missing the dislike factor in yours. Again, many will use the stone to skip the 10-33 because they're sick and tired of it.

Remember the premise of our analogies are about game content WITH the stone. Don't miss out that factor.

hmm...so let me get this straight,if they are sick and tired of leveling to level 33 then that must mean they have done it before,so where is exactly is the problem?

if they have done it before it means they have other characters which in that case would allow them to buy the stone :rolleyes:

just seems to me that you want a server filled with new players that took the easy route and are now spammin the chat with questions which they could have learned by themselves if THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME

• Even if that was the proper analogy, appetisers aren't meant to fill you up. I'll also point out why my analogy makes more sense. You are missing the dislike factor in yours. Again, many will use the stone to skip the 10-33 because they're sick and tired of it.

Aren't meant to fill you up because there is more food incoming, but appetisers fill a good % of your stomach.

In my analogy I'm obviously including the stone when I say somebody is skipping the appetisers. All those "I'm tired of playing from lvl 1 to 33" is included in the appetisers, not in the rest of the food. You can obviously not like the food, but then you would complain about the taste of it, not about the lack of amount.

You are mixing two concepts:

• Not liking the food = Not liking that path of leveling
    • To be hungry = There is nothing else to do

If you don't like food/variety of food in the meal and dessert doesn't matter because you will eat it (33-70) So if you have to complain about something is about the lack of variety in the current content (there is no strategies for dungeons, not balanced classes, etc).

You are hungry when there is not enough amount of food = "We need more dungeons", "there is nothing else to do", etc.

What @Kamekameman is trying to say is that none should complain of being bored because there is nothing else to do when they skipped a path of the game.

• in original dbo it came into the game as a log in event, if you had made a character while the event was on you got one sent to your mail box. Then later on, like a year later it was added to cash shop because most of the stone got used up and people were selling it for a lot of zeni in auction house.

• in original dbo it came into the game as a log in event, if you had made a character while the event was on you got one sent to your mail box. Then later on, like a year later it was added to cash shop because most of the stone got used up and people were selling it for a lot of zeni in auction house.

that's a perfect example of why we don't need it.

• quick note''
    sure have the level 33 book,stone but enforce the following law.

''any player with only 1 or 2 characters that has used the stone and COMPLAINS about lack of content will get an instant ban''

? This is what you originally suggested.

And oh my god, how many times must I repeat myself. I argued this a thousand times, on another thread. 1-33 takes 1-3 days MAX!
    1-3 days isn't a big chunk of time considering the amount of time you're going to spend playing the game.

And you're only playing PvE? Hah, you will most definitely be disappointed with end game content then.

And besides, just because YOU have a different playing style, it doesn't mean we have to follow the same way. If you personally feel like you need to invest more hours in a game, that's your own personal preference go ahead and do it. Don't worry about other players and how THEY play the game.

hmm...so let me get this straight,if they are sick and tired of leveling to level 33 then that must mean they have done it before,so where is exactly is the problem?
    if they have done it before it means they have other characters which in that case would allow them to buy the stone :rolleyes:

just seems to me that you want a server filled with new players that took the easy route and are now spammin the chat with questions which they could have learned by themselves if THEY ACTUALLY PLAYED THE GAME

Do you have trouble misunderstanding? Not all players are new like you. All this grinding, experiencing the game, investing hours of work that you keep glorifying, yeah A LOT of us have done that already buddy.

And actually no, my use of the stone is for my own personal reasons. I don't advertise or encourage other players to use it.

Lmao, you realise the server is going to be filled with new players with endless questions regardless if we have the stone or not..

There's nothing wrong with asking questions and being insightful. Ofc experiencing the game will be helpful, but nothing beats the advice of a veteran player.

Lmao, enjoy your no endgame content PvE*

• ''Lmao, enjoy your no endgame content PvP.''

yep,now it all makes sense,typical pvp'er...well im out,already had this arguement many times before and not going to do it once more,just not worth it.
    and if you want to know why i dont pvp here is my answer,just watch this:

• You are hungry when there is not enough amount of food = "We need more dungeons", "there is nothing else to do", etc.

What @Kamekameman is trying to say is that none should complain of being bored because there is nothing else to do when they skipped a path of the game.

There is literally nothing wrong with wanting more dungeons or game content in this case. I'm saying his idea about banning players for complaining about lack of content is absurd.

@Kamekameman keeps talking about other MMO's. This may be the case in many other MMO's but DBO is not one of them. The DBO storyline didn't even have a proper conclusion, much of it wasn't fully released. Once he fully caps to 70, he will realize there's not much left for him. (Since he's not doing PvP)

• Lmao, just like the other thread. Nobody has concrete evidence as to why the stone will be game-breaking. They all just band up together and hand out dislikes to each post that opposes their view.

So cute! :thumbup:

dosen't really make any sense. i gave my opinion, but i never disliked another one. but since you mentioned the word "dislike" i'll give you one for free ;)

• Lol I love the analogies in this post :) cant believe the massive debate i started oops.

Here's a clean evaluation of the lvl 33 book arguements that keep reoccuring

1)The book should be added to the game, heck it was in the original dbo. (well thats true hard to argue that)

2)Now the Rank system Quick Start Arguement used against anyone who wishes to use the book here it is evaluated. If the player is not very good and uses the lvl 33 book they will over time fall off the ranks as they can't sustain themselves from the true good players (regardless if they use the stone or not)

3)the ARGUEMENT it is a Pay to Win can go both WAYS. ITS MORE BASED ON OPINION HERES THE FACTS:
    3i) the book can only boost the players from lvl 1-33 (duh) this is only a time skip.
    3ii)The player who uses this book doesnt have any increased status compared to anyone who decides to grind it out.
    Now I say its based on opinion because some people view the time skip as Pay to win and some don't

4) the Idea that it should be implemented at a later time (Ie a week or month after release) Well as I see this is a compromise for both groups, but in reality it seems like both groups hate this idea the most. A delayed start would defeat the rank system quick start arguement, and it complys with the first arguement.

5) the book should be made available only when u reach lvl 70 This idea is also a compromise idea a (longer idea of the implementation idea number 4) to aplease both parties the yea and neah sayers. This idea requires one charactor to reach lvl 70 before being able to purchase the stone via cash shop. The People would want the book in the game tend to dislike the idea as they may only create one charactor making the book useless to them, While the People who wish the book to never exist view this as a great compromise.

6) this would be a popular cash shop item that helps support the sever (100% true no arguement)

• I'm still for this being in-game. Doesn't matter if it's implemented into the C.S or wherever. Skipping from 10-33 isn't a big deal for a lot of us especially those that don't want to keep repeating the beginning stuff over and over. For those that want it, we'd buy the crap out of it which in-turn will help the server due to income. At least this is how I see it.

• Just pure and simply give 1 out per account during the first week (non tradable by any form).
    I bet if he does that no one will complain from getting it.

Let the player choose if they want to use it or not in that moment.
    Hooray if you did and who cares if you didn't.

It's a personal choice, it doesn't affect anyone in any possible way.
    It is not p2w.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!