Auto-Kick while in Public Open Beta

• You have contradicted yourself a number of times thus far, and with your super aggressive and condescending tone I really don't care to hear what you have to say next so please leave that toxin outside of this thread. If you've voted in the poll already then great you've done your part. Please leave the toxicity out so we can continue to hear other peoples less aggressive opinions. Thank you.

• So based off of the text YOU posted above (red bold text) then how do YOU not get that the only way to record bugs is to have ACTIVE members playing (doing quests, fighting mobs, generally interacting with the mechanics of the game)? AFK people are NOT contributing at all and we HAVE had an issue with overcrowding in the servers. Almost ALL day it was just 1 channel. Then they opened a second one up for a brief period of time and THAT one went offline pretty quickly too. So if you TRULY believe that Pre Open Beta is for reporting bugs then you should ALSO believe that ACTIVE players are needed. And if there isn't enough space to let people in who are planning on ACTIVELY playing then how the hell is Auto Kicking AFK players a bad idea???
    It's not, you just have buried yourself with your comments thus far and can't dig yourself back out to redeem yourself. So you're gonna keep going in all gung ho.

...? What? Oh my bad, I should have made it more clear that I meant that there's more than enough space, in one of my posts above I even stated that it's incredibly easy to get in even when the server says "Full". There's no point in an AFK kicker when there's more than enough slots for players when all the channels are up. I guess all my other points are the truth as you only addressed one, thanks for confirming this.

• lol, I guess the absence of evidence is the evidence of absence to you huh?

Look, the bottom line is when ALL the channels are going to be up reliably then yes, this will be less of a need. But for the time being (because we are still in BETA) there is going to be plenty of times where we are running on only 1 cylinder. That being the case, in order to keep the flow of relevant information coming in to the developers we SHOULD implement a system to keep people ACTIVELY playing on the server and not milking points.

That being said the amount of people we have playing the server right now is only going to GROW. If we're already experiencing problems with overpopulation now than it will be considerably worse later on.

Do you not understand that this would help the developer?

If even JUST ONE PERSON was able to get in and actively play in the place of an AFK person that would be worth the Kick system.

• I actually logged onto my laptop just to reply to this thread.
    FYI: I read the entirety of this thread, so don't assume I'm some random dude who's posting without doing his research.

I'm going to make this really short and sweet.

Atm, there is no need to implement an auto kick system for inactive players because..
    1. We don't need to waste time on that, if you can't login, that really sucks but it's a pre open beta. YOU aren't losing anything if you can't play.
    Let Daneos focus on reviving the actual features of the game before adding a new one.

2. "But unlike the inactive players, I'm going to play and find bugs".
    No you're most likely not going to find any NEW bugs while playing because most bugs have already been acknowledged. The lack of content present in game means we're limited to the amount of bugs that we can actually find, hence why majority of the players are afk and not actually playing. When the new update comes, we can expect less AFK players.

3. "Okay fine, I just want to play the game but I can't because there's AFK players hogging the servers"
    Tbh, that's really just tough luck. Some of the afk players are actually pricks for taking up someone else's free time but that's how the world works. If it bothers you that much, you can try connected to the server earlier and keep your account logged in as well. That way you don't have to deal with full channel issues when you have time to play. Other people do it, you can too.

I'm expecting Daneos to realize the demand of players on his servers, and hopefully he will expand the player limit in the Open Beta.

And to be honest, a lot of the players may seem afk, but they're actually either speaking in a party chat or speaking to their guild.

This was actually a "not-so-detailed" and rushed post by me. In the morning I'll probably have time to add more points and answer criticism.

For now, this adult has a bed time, so yeah here's my little shit opinion for you all.

• Dude you are the kind of cancer that ruins a gaming community. Just because you were here before others does not mean you are worth anything more. You seriously need an attitude readjustment. The moment you came into this thread you have had NOTHING helpful to say. You keep talking about violating forum rules but you continually break them yourself.
    Seems to me like you're a small child that can't deal with views different than your own.

Thank you for your kind words Mr.Developer :) It's a debate thread. It's a POLL thread. If you're new with forums, go read about it. Why should I be helpful when my answer is negative? I've shown you too many reasons why the AFK-Kick is not needed. Now you should respect my opinion and bounce off.
    Now point me out the rules that I have broken, so you can have "evidence". Also what you said about me being a child etc, it seems like that you can say that for yourself. ;)

Huhuhuhhu~

some of the community is pretty cool tho, guess a few bad apples spoil the bunch

Indeed. Those are the people that joined only for the free DBO game and haven't offered anything to the community. Oh, well, they have offered their "not needed" pressence here in the forums ;)

P.S.
    As a Mr.Developer you should know that "Open" means "Public" in a beta title. So putting those 2 words together in the title, makes you look like you don't know what you're talking about. And to be honest, we are still in Pre-Open Beta and we have no idea when the Open Beta will occur.

• I honestly don't care if you got something to say about this comment, but Vall (or anyone for that matter) I don't care what you have to say opinions are opinions and there will inevitabley be disagreements, but don't be a condescending prick about it. Just state your piece and leave, that's all you have to do, not that you gonna listen to me anyway :P especially considering how toxic you've been lately. And I'm not just speaking to Vall here I'm speaking to everyone that's been toxic in this thread thus far. The thread starts with a simple poll and people lose their shit, relax guys it's just a game.

Hey Vall ever gonna reply to this one, or nah? XD Did you just realize upon reading this that you we're really butthurt earlier.

P.S. I just wanna see what you have to say to this so that I can get my chuckles a day outta the way, the slight bit of antagonism is just to inspire you to reply back. :P

• Hey Vall ever gonna reply to this one, or nah? XD Did you just realize upon reading this that you we're really butthurt earlier.

P.S. I just wanna see what you have to say to this so that I can get my chuckles a day outta the way, the slight bit of antagonism is just to inspire you to reply back. :P

Just wanted to give you kid, the chuckles you wanted because it seems like you can't find fun in anything else in your life :)

Once again, this thread is a suggestion with fit-in poll. That makes it a debate thread.
    People with Yes , well we know why you clicked Yes. Because you want to enjoy a game at it's Beta state and the AFKs or anything else won't let you. (lol). You blame the AFKs and good for you.
    People that voted No and wanted to let you know why they clicked No, are people like me. People who tell you their opinion. Of course, the ones bothered about it are the ones that clicked Yes, why? Because they think that their choice of clicking Yes and their opinion (even though 90% of them didn't express any opinion) are right.
    I will give you the thumbs up for the contradiction of the opinions, thus leading us to disagreements. Can't you accept mine? Why ? Because you are so full of yourslef thinking that your choice is the right one. But I've even let you know why I clicked No. No, you can't because once again you think that your choice is the best.
    What you can't see is that I just expressed my opinion, which I had every right to do, and all you Yes people tried to contradict me. I welcomed it, but bashed you out every time. You kept coming with numbes and once again, I bashed you out.
    Now for people that called me toxic, it seems like they are the ones bothered by sarcasm and can't understand simple facts. They take it too seriously and start saying irelevalnt things, like "you are no one" etc, in order to make a comeback. I am someone. Someone that helped the server before you came and start enjoying the game with no respect for the people that were here before you. I have the right to brag about it as anyone else has, but by doing it, I'm not the "toxic" one.

Have fun ingame, because that's all you're going to do (FACT).

P.S. It's "were" not "we're" ..

• Well the game is there for me to enjoy it. :P Why wouldn't I have fun?
    Never said you couldn't have an opinion so chill with that nonsense. :P
    I can get into game just fine from 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM but if I log-out go do something and come back at like 8:00 the all servers except one are offline and the one that is online if full to the brim with players, some of which just so happen to AFK and most the time it's not even shops it's usually just large guilds or players sitting near item box spawns waiting for update.
    Nothing in this entire world can be the best since words like good, bad, best, worst, etc. are such arbitrary terms that depend on one persons moral outlook thus not everyone has the same idea of best or worst.
    Everyone on this planet is "no one" we're all just a large population of a surprisingly intelligent species (or so I thought, so far you've done a pretty good job of proving me wrong.) and you helped the server so what, I helped an old man carry his groceries into his house the other day, you don't see me going around claiming to be god now do you?
    I only respect those who are willing to respect others, something that you haven't been doing lately.
    Yes you're right you do have the right to brag about it, but that doesn't make you any less condescending.

P.S. it's "irrelevant" not "irelevant" for someone throwing out corrections on grammar your doing a pretty terrible job yourself.

• if you don't claim to be god then don't tell us about all the "heroic" things you have done like anybody cares.

• Kid have you not realized yet the game is not there for you to enjoy but for you to test things and report bugs? That's what a Pre Open Beta is. Have you ever thought to yourself that maybe, just maybe, you're butt hurt because you can't get in the game, and we're not the butthurt ones? No, of course not, because the word is all about you, and if you don't get what you want, you throw a fit.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!