Melee combat​ and Ranged combat for all class

• Like there is already everything you need in game dude. Did you even play it or just posting something like this? You can build fighter for energy attacks if you want.

image.png

relax it just a suggestion.

When I first play this game years ago I thought it was going to be like that and honestly it makes sense since most Dragonball games there was a option to either do both ki blast and melee attack and not having a choice to pick between one or the other. And honestly I think dbo would of change that if it didn't die out, example each class has a mix of physical and energy skill attacks to choose from.

• It's not as simple as swapping animations. You would have to code an entirely new system that allows you to manually switch which auto attack function you want to use, or code in a parameter that automatically switches which auto attack function you used based off of range.

It would be extremely complex, and seeing as how we only have one developer who is a lot more focused on adding in back things that were in the live game to begin with rather than new features, this will absolutely never happen. Just like almost every other suggestion on this subforum.

Here's a tip that applies to almost every suggestion in this forum - Everything you think will be "easy" to add in, is most likely extremely complex and difficult and would require a team of people to tackle, not just one person.

• this doesn't need to be done, this isnt like dbz on the ps2 or xenoverse where kai blasts were used as a way to interupt moves or buy yourself some time to close the distance

in the anime it was rarely used, ever, i mean vegeta would use it once or twice and maybe some weak fighter but that was it, kai blasts are the weakest form of ranged combat and anything they could do a fist to the face or a kamehameha could do better

now for the game, there is no reason a MA should do kai blast or vise versa when 90% of a class's moves are close/long range, its not just a bad design idea, it doesnt make sense at all

its not just dbog, this idea wouldnt work well in other point and click mmos that follow a similar pattern to dbog

• It's not as simple as swapping animations. You would have to code an entirely new system that allows you to manually switch which auto attack function you want to use, or code in a parameter that automatically switches which auto attack function you used based off of range.

It would be extremely complex, and seeing as how we only have one developer who is a lot more focused on adding in back things that were in the live game to begin with rather than new features, this will absolutely never happen. Just like almost every other suggestion on this subforum.

Here's a tip that applies to almost every suggestion in this forum - Everything you think will be "easy" to add in, is most likely extremely complex and difficult and would require a team of people to tackle, not just one person.

daneos has 4 more people working on it, but yeah your basically right

If i had giant kameha on the fighter skill tree I would alway max it even if it was a shit attack for a fighter.

I thought differently about this game when i first started.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!