Posts by Brad

Lemme clarify: Okay yes, I admit that these popular games have only one (or few) developers. FAct of the matter is, this isn't minecraft, or rollercoaster tycoon, etc. This is a full fledged MMORPH experience, with thousands of work-hours put into the development of assets, graphic design, artwork, networking between multiple companies, communication between aspects of developers, etc. This is a project incomparable in magnitude to the projects of singe-player games. A single developer could never revive an entire MMORPG in a few years, letalone create one.

That's why we've seen the numerous delays since the dawn of this project on DBOCOM.com (I wonder how Citrinite is doing nowadays lol). It's been 5+ years, and the game is only just now being finalized in it's revival. Sure its a difficult undertaking, and its commendable that anyone worked on this project to begin with. But the fact remains that being able to maintain such a game will require a community of mods working together with the general community. This is a project where everyone's input will be involved.

tl;dr don't compare an MMORPG to minecraft. You could technically program minecraft in your basement if you knew the right coding, and get it done within a couple of hours. You couldn't do the same with an MMO.

Then we will be yhe first.

Not gonna happen. It's not about the settings, but the models of the dogis. You see dbo doesn't apply clothes to just your main body. When you equip something that item replaces the entire body part that is covers, with it's own body. Simple way to explain this would be to give an example. The bunny dogi you are talking about cannot be worn by males because it is literally the female body with the bunny dress on, without the head. If you where to swap the dogi models the game would crash because the female dogi animations that are baked into the model can't ''click''/ work together with the animations of a male head.

My dream was and still is an actual upgraded version of DBO, like, in all senses. FighterZ-like graphics, a world even bigger and more detailed, a more dynamic combat (without becoming a fighting game or an action RPG like Xenoverse, still with MMORPG-like action bars and all) and including flying combat, no limits open world PvP to make flying combat and normal combat even more epic, temporal world damage from skills, world reacting to skills (plants or water reacting to explosions or energy being thrown, or someone flying too fast very close, etc), maybe even more races and better customization, and maybe a more fixed economy, because I think the Tenkaichi Budokai prize is supposed to be actually pretty good money lol

But well, a man can dream.

You're dream will come true soon. Look forward to it.

I defy you to name 1 example. Don't just make such an audacious statement, then say "look it up yourself, I swear its true" LOL, what a lame excuse that is. Burden of proof is on you bud.

Besides- A small game of developers making their own game is one thing, what we have here is a small group of developers recreating a game using a foundation (And ******* that up anyways, well... actually nah the game was pretty awful on its own to begin with, cant fault them for that).

RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Dust: an elysian tale. (Even got ported to consoles)

Banished.

Just to name a few games that have been made by 1 person.

Yeah but now a days nobody is leveling any more with quests they powerlevel.

I did the same so the game became very boring.

Only reason i played the game was because of the quests. I'm more interrested in the story and lore of a game then competitive stuff like pvp and e. Since the quests stop to make sense after korin forest and i already modded the shit out of the game, it became quite a bore. So sad, it did help me develop in several ways though. Including developing certain skills, interrests and especially, a couple of good people who are very close friends for me today.

Thanks alot.

Hm i kinda like the weapon circle, I just wish I could change the color. With this glow it still is purple. Maybe one day I find it XD

Hehe, as unique as they are now, Iceman has a point, they replace the existing clothes which kinda sucks, especially since I have a few using the same base^^

No sacrifice, no victory~

Okay okay now i'm just getting carried away. xD Yeah you got a point. I really wish we could add slots. All i can say is that it's being worked on, not in dbog though.

If they're added in the official client, they aren't mods anymore are they? forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/2489/
    Nah just playing with you. Still, I'd rather have them not get in the official server regardless of how good they are. forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/2490/forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/2491/