How does "playful doll" work?

• So I still can't decide which class I am gonna take once the open beta gets released.
    I was looking at Karma Majin and I am curious about the "Playful Doll" skill. It looks a little OP to me...

40 seconds, AoE confusion?

Here's what I made:
    Capture.png

Any suggestions?

P.S - its a build focused on KD's (knockdowns) & stuns/locks. For PvE I was thinking attack speed but I am not sure yet.

• When fully upgraded Playful Doll confuses up to 32 enemies in a radius of 20M from your character.

You do realise that all confusion does is stop them from using skills, you will still get slaughtered by the auto attack. Which from enemies such as other karma or fighters can be dangerous. There's also the cooldown, it lasts 1 minute and 30 seconds so that it can't be spammed. This is an awesome skill for PvP Party Budokai but also very VERY helpful for dungeon runs :)

Considering that you have PvE in mind for this build i'd say it's a very good one! you've included almost all of the same skills i have in my karma PvE build :D

Here's mine : PvE Karma Majin Build

• Why do you have "Continuous Homing-Shot" maxed? Isn't "Homing Storm" stronger?
    The reason why I didn't get the AoE Karma skills is because i dislike cast time but I do wonder how much damage they do with good gear, including "Human Extinction Attack".

Is Dexterity needed on Karma? I remember it being good for Fighters since it was giving dodge rate & p.crit?
    Thanks~

P.S - I thought that you couldn't move or something while casting "Playful Doll" but if its like then it's awesome. For 5v5 too~

• Why do you have "Continuous Homing-Shot" maxed? Isn't "Homing Storm" stronger?
    The reason why I didn't get the AoE Karma skills is because i dislike cast time but I do wonder how much damage they do with good gear, including "Human Extinction Attack".

Is Dexterity needed on Karma? I remember it being good for Fighters since it was giving dodge rate & p.crit?
    Thanks~

P.S - I thought that you couldn't move or something while casting "Playful Doll" but if its like then it's awesome. For 5v5 too~

i have it maxed simply because i like that move more and it has less of a cooldown. that's more personal preference than anything really. Homing storm would indeed be a bit stronger but the one i'm using seems to work well for me :)

Once you cast the Playful Doll you are free to move about and use skills. The enemies are the ones confused Not you :D

I don't really think dexterity is good on anything at the moment, Dex has been changed to only increase Dodge rate now. Strength increases both physical attack and physical crit attack.

• nickolassj NO ultimate majin *cries* =( =(

Yeah :(
    I want to try something new. Right now I am thinking between Shadow Knight, Karma Majin (on 1st place) and Turtle Hermit.

i have it maxed simply because i like that move more and it has less of a cooldown. that's more personal preference than anything really. Homing storm would indeed be a bit stronger but the one i'm using seems to work well for me :)
    Once you cast the Playful Doll you are free to move about and use skills. The enemies are the ones confused Not you :D

I don't really think dexterity is good on anything at the moment, Dex has been changed to only increase Dodge rate now. Strength increases both physical attack and physical crit attack.

Oh, ok cool. If you like it...
    Thanks for the explanation, you've been a big help to me. I might work around the build once the OB gets released with its final changes about stats and stuff.

Thanks~

your profile pic looks like Anders Breivik lol

• Is that true? doesn't dexterity also increase status resistance?

I think that you're right... Or at least it did on the original version of DBO. I do hope that Daneos will post patch notes on the release of the OB in which there's a comparison of the new stats to the old ones from the original version.

your profile pic looks like Anders Breivik lol

I don't know who that is but thank you I guess. My profile pic is an old portrait of me done by a friend :)

You still have a lot of time to think about your build (open beta...)

But, as of what i saw, that's already a fine build.

Yeah, a looooot of time... Thanks! I might use the "Dexterity" passive points on Kid Buu's "Genocide Blast".

• Is that true? doesn't dexterity also increase status resistance?

I remember Daneos Writing about DEX changes and such a month or two ago, try looking in the Global Update Thread or search for DEX changes in the search bar. I'm unsure on Status resistances in this server.

* Updates

• Invincible and unable to fight for 5 seconds after spawning
    • 1 Foc(every class) increases curse success rate by 0.5.
    • 1 Dex(every class) increases curse tolerance rate by 0.5.
    • By default every class has 100 curse success rate and 0 curse tolerance rate
  • I think that you're right... Or at least it did on the original version of DBO. I do hope that Daneos will post patch notes on the release of the OB in which there's a comparison of the new stats to the old ones from the original version.

I don't know who that is but thank you I guess. My profile pic is an old portrait of me done by a friend :)

Yeah, a looooot of time... Thanks! I might use the "Dexterity" passive points on Kid Buu's "Genocide Blast".

oops, i'm really sorry :( Anders Breivik is a norwegian terrorist ;( i'm sorry man

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!