Build Helper : Swordsman Skills [ENGLISH GUIDE]

• yea mss worth all sp. u should use con gear and con earrings necklace rings. and for weapons both should be phy crit% bc of sm passives. and yes no kaioken. btw for ribgs necklace etc. depends what r u fighting

• disagree shake worth sp bc if ur swordsman lvl 70 2k hi rate and while fighter has 1500 or 2k so shake means alot to decrease their dodge

good build. but i recommend this if u dont have high crit rate http://tools.dboglobal.to/?too…3040500101510040500041030 this will make be invincible and dodge everything

1. 3/4 Quick attack, i've seen ton of builds and maxing stuns is a priority, not only increases duration but reduces cd.

2. Wolf Fang Fist is helpful when you are under lvl 30 and don't have a better one, but spending 5 points and not even 1 into Glaring Slashes. Genius.

3. Who on earth uses Intimidation as final build? Adding Evade Up Passive? So you are like another fighter or?? Also spending 2 SP for adding Intimidation, a total of 5 SP, 8 with the passive. USELESS.

4. NO SCINTILLATION? Almost 6/10 swordmans love to spend almost 1 point on it, if not 2, because of people like YOU who has no idea what's it for.

5. Maxing Shake but not adding Hit Rate Passive?....

6. Flash Slash animation is way too long and IMO not useful at all.

7. This is Just personal but i always prefer Spirited Roar over Might, damage difference is way too big, Might is just useful because you have 2 SP more and the 16% crit, useful if you are full crit geared.

• uk that dex means alot swordsman vs fighters right? fighters doesnt have high hit rate so passive dodge is good lmao

• uk that dex means alot swordsman vs fighters right? fighters doesnt have high hit rate so passive dodge is good lmao

Even if that was correct, but it's not, since fighters can also wear whatever they want to, you know that? You are aiming to counter only 1 class, there exist 11 more, and you won't win a fight against all of them using the same build. That's the last thing i'll say. Have fun.

• now look at his dodge and his build

• now look at his dodge and his build

Why are you so incline to have Dodge on a SM?

1: MSS is the absolute best move easily, so much so that even an Energy Swordsman should max it. For casual PvP and PvE it'll be enough to only have it maxed, especially if you have cooldown gear, but generally I'd suggest maxing at least one other physical move.
    2: On your armor: CON(tons of LP) or DEX(extra critrate and dodge/resist). On your gloves/stick you want to get crit, maybe FOC to screw over people who stack DEX/anticrit. Don't bother with LP/EP regen or reflect on a swordsman, you should be too worried about getting one-shot to think about those stats.
    3: Without it's retail critrate boosts, Kaioken is rather pointless. Upgrading it to level 3 makes it a bit stronger in terms of damage than SSJ, but that's 3SP you could spend elsewhere.

Speaking of Energy Swordsman...

Yoink.

• I don't think SM are meant to stack that amount of resistance, but instead focus (heh) more on success rate because of their high FOC stat.

SM can resist, if you wear 150 res neck, con res rings and 34 dex on earrings and gear.

Still, they won't resist near close as Ultimate Majins and Fighters, but they will resist a little bit.

Still, I really didn't saw SM goes on RES mode, mostly it goes there to kill fast cuz he is squishy as hell.

PS: This 34 dex gear is hard to get, it is CC Black set for lvl 70, crafted one if I remember, and def it was 800 pdef and 100 e.def.

I must say that energy based classes, love that gear, I wont say much it isn't enough soo, MUCHOOOOO LOVE!

PWIceman-Dark1.gif

“I’d rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who i’m not”
    IGN: Iceman 19_small.png Shadow Knight 19_small.png
    IGN: Iceman
      13_small.png Dark Warrior 13_small.png
    Discord: Iceman#8402

• So this is how EchoSon's build would look like based on his intel for all the skills, nah? (Physical build of course)

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?too…0043500401550111501640000

By the way, is this a PvE or a PvP build?

I'd like a physical PvE build to get me through the game content easily as a SM, with lots of crits/damage if you guys are so kind to share.

I'm already 35 so I can skip the martial artist low level skills.

Also, I'd rather go for crit rate gloves and sword than crit damage. Would that be a good idea?

I don't care about that 50k crit if it only happens once or twice out of ten skills. I'd rather crit more often for lower damage.

Cheers.

• So this is how EchoSon's build would look like based on his intel for all the skills, nah? (Physical build of course)

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?too…0043500401550111501640000

I explicitly don't give out builds, but sort of. Currently....your build has excellent raw damage, but in ranked PvP you might find yourself in trouble against tanks because your instant RP skill only gives you 1 RP. You won't be doing chain knockdowns in Budokai's with that.

Also, I'd rather go for crit rate gloves and sword than crit damage. Would that be a good idea?

I don't care about that 50k crit if it only happens once or twice out of ten skills. I'd rather crit more often for lower damage.

Once you're level 70, you'll be critting at least every second attack. You can boost it about 26 critrate further when wearing both critrate gloves/sword, though statistically speaking at that point you'll be getting more DPS out of 26% crit damage gear. If you're feeling unsure, there's not much harm in wearing 1 weapon with critrate and 1 with critdamage.

• I'm not worrying about PvP right now ^^

Thanks for the info on the crit rate.

All I care about now (level 35) is doing enough damage/crits to have a pleasant PvE experience.

Should I get some DEX or FOC on armors starting with level 40?

I went for full CON armors for level 20-30 since I don't have many skills and need to auto-attack a lot. It feels good to have a lot of CON but from 40-50, maybe one DEX piece would be more useful.

Also, since I don't really like Kaio-ken (right now, as it sucks you dry), I was thinking about this build:

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?too…0040500401550114501641000

Or this one, to include the kamehameha knockdown:

http://tools.dboglobal.to/?too…0040500401550113501641000

However, I'm sure I will be changing/playing a little with certain skills, but overall, physical build is the way I'll go after all. And until 70, I focus mainly on PvE (will be making a Grand Chef as a buffer as well soon).

Regards,

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!