Box and Upgrade System

• Remove boxes.
    Don't know if you guys think to keep this item in game or remove, but in my opinion you guys could remove.
    Even if it's hard to get one, it will ruin the value of good itens.

Upgrade System

1 - Add a drop rate of upgrade stones, and a even more low chance to drop white stones, from TMQ and UD boss. This way people will play this "dungeons" and farm stones to do upgrade.

2 - Add a money cost for each upgrade try. Not so cheap, and not so expensive. A good value that make people farm money to try upgrade too. This way the server make special the +15 itens, making hard to make, and benefits who hard work to make them.

Well, if this is already ideas from dev team, or other person already make a topic about them, i'm sorry.
    I think it's good thinks to make the game more fun and make people play more the game, make things with work and play time, not just lucky and money.

• You forget to add who will paid for the server hosting.
    Because you want remove boxes and make better rate of crystals drop, so no one will spend money on boxes and less ppl will spend money on crystals because they will be more easy to get, not bad and the server will get close after 4,5,6 months because after upgrade equip here is nothing else where they can spend money.

• Stones were expensive and probably be best item for trading.
    AND
    Zenni to upgrade...?

DBO has good system only remove fcking tickets, and bonus-box to change stats and it will be perfect.
    Hard way of farming on mobs/TMQ to get good weapon. NO FAST WAY. Long time until You collect Your perfect gear.
    Dreaming about cash shop with only dogi things, mounts and other shit that not ruin game. I think i can donate even for free. Maybe server will be stable with Stones cash shop etc. but after 6 months like BadPicollo said, server will die becouse what for play more if everything got +15. That's a part how they destroyed PvP in official DBO.

• They can sell wagu coins and put stones in wagus machines as well. with this they can earn money and lessen the chances of taking stones on the machines so people will be trying to take stones and buy even more wagus , and may sell motorcycles they can sell a lot of things , the boxes will not really be missed in the budget, just I want to have no more these boxes

• Remove boxes.
    Don't know if you guys think to keep this item in game or remove, but in my opinion you guys could remove.
    Even if it's hard to get one, it will ruin the value of good itens.

Without boxes the CC gear and accessories would become less useful. It also completely limits you to certain dragon wishes, the items you wish for always come in the same stats.

• Thats why i said a low chance drop.
    It's not like "Go TMQ 3 times, Get 3 Stones"
    I think more like, "Go TMQ 10 times, Get 2 Stones"

They can't put stones only for money, people need to get someway free.
    Only for cash it's a easy way to close the server, because a lot of people will stop playing because of "cash benefits".
    Plus, they can sell other itens, like strong pots, autopots, bag 32, warehouse expansion, motorcycle, flying itens... see, a lot of itens that they can make money without making the game a full "Pay2Win"... if DBO keep a strong P2W line, like the original servers, will fail in the same places.

Again, my suggestion it's not like turn a party where people drop stone all the time, but put a little chance to farm them in TMQ and UD.

Money cost for upgrade it's a way to make more hard.
    It's just a suggestion, not a perfect idea, thats why i post here :)

And without the boxes they can make the CC dungeons with others adds, without need the box to make them good.
    They can even add more Shenlong wishes, like a lvl 70 version of the armor/weapon with good adds.

It's just ideas, suggestions.
    It's all open to discussion and in the end, the Dev team have the final words anyway xD

• the old system was good there was realy no need to change anything. If you farmed properly you could get good items and if you cashed like crazy you could get good items ... so it was fine. And the drop rate of the stones was pretty balanced. You couldn´t get them from every mob but if you farmed a little bit you could easy drop one.

There is no need to pay money for upgrade. People went to farm enough only cashers didn´t really farm and they don´t know how it was to farm your equ.

You guys are always saying how good it would be if the players worked harder to get their items however dbo was like that already. Only cashers didn´t really worked hard for their equipment.

I see many paradise players talking about this but realy i only saw you guys on pvp and never saw you guys farming (or only a few paradise members farmed) so please don´t try to change the game because it didn´t worked out that well for cashers.

P.s. And please don´t forget if you change something it will effect the whole game.

• "didn't worked out well for cashers"
    What? DBO was like 99% about cash.
    Autopot, cash.
    Stone, cash.

And in PARADISE we don't make only pvp.
    We was the first guild to make the boss-only in red map, the giant bug. In time that the quest to kill him give us 10 old pure stones, before change the stone system.
    We was the first guild to make UD6, even asians ask us how we did... and we farm a lot in the game.
    But the drop have of thing in DBO was pretty stupid.

Well, like i say, i made suggestions,
    People can agree or disagree, it's fine.

MrNice
    And no, we are not afraid of cashers.
    I'm just talking about making the game more fun, more balanced and not a purely P2W, bro.
    And made it's as a serious post, not a fun one or a joke. If you wanna start a flame or anything like that, it's ok, but next don't go out saying that PARADISE start flames, after you come in my topic doing a flame.
    But i understand your post, you was one of Full-cashers in the game and i'm sure you will put money here too ^^

• Even if game will be free from cash shop it wont let game be free of people who pay to win.
    There will be siter which sell zeni/items etc, also players will sell own characters and gear.

Cash shop is needed, because someone have to pay hosting, also developers deserve money for their work.

Wasabii's DBO was pay2win because cash shop players had things which was nearly impossible to get for casual players.
    Example brown/silver boxes, - this thing gave biggest advantage for cash shop players,
    - possibility to costumize CC gear - best armor set and weapon set in game
    - possibility to costumize 70 lvl legendary accessory - beat accessory in game
    well possibility to customize whole equipment for nearly free, which was expansive for non-boxes playes.

Keep boxes in game but no in cash shop! hell no!
    Of course it can not be easy to get, people will stop farm TMQ/UD for gear, they will just drop or buy 1 legendary item and roll stats.
    Make it hard to get, for budokai tokens maybe? Hight CC floors? Events? Whatever, just make it smart.

Upgrade system is another story to discuss, no time to arguing now, 10 people = 20 ideas for new upgrade system, 95% stupid.

• Most people clearly don't know how to run a server. I've had my small experience of server hosting (MU Online and Cabal Online). Both went down in 2 months due to the lack of money. Server host costs money, then you have the web host, then you have support (I had to pay people to fix bugs and stuff). After all that I didn't even enjoy playing let alone winning some money.

The game needs a proper cash shop so it can continue living. Everything that can be sold for money will help the server. People might not like cashers but they are the people who support the game and the server. No cashers = no server.
    There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

So stop asking for free stuff and enjoy the game.

• Of course it can not be easy to get, people will stop farm TMQ/UD for gear, they will just drop or buy 1 legendary item and roll stats.
    Make it hard to get, for budokai tokens maybe? Hight CC floors? Events? Whatever, just make it smart.

Upgrade system is another story to discuss, no time to arguing now, 10 people = 20 ideas for new upgrade system, 95% stupid.

-budokai tokens maybe? no because here will be probably a group of ppl who always will win the budokai, they will get just more rich.
    -Hight CC floors? maybe but what if someone playing alone and have no friends like me, and if ppl will get enough strong for enter the flor where they will recive the box they will spam it so...? maybe add % rate for get them as bonus and unbind them and only 1 random player from party will get them or make dice.
    -Events? events like you need to drop x coins from monsters and will be able change them for box will be good one because ppl will not cheat or use multi accs.

Also i would leave brown boxes in cash shop and unbind them, server need money... no one will buy cars or other shit come on guys be serious no one will spend money on shit

• nothing of this nonsense will happen

• To be honest with you, U and D stones already drop from mobs. Not only that you get a bunch of stones from questing. I really dont see a need to change how we get stones at all.

The question now is, what to do with white stones? The only thing white stones did was prevent your stuff from breaking, not failing. Now that we can upgrade to our hearts content without worrying about weapons possibly breaking? why have white stone in the first place?

If you havent figured it out by now, white stones are utterly useless in dbog.

• In alpha when you got the break card your item would become +0, so the white stone would stop that from happening.

• Server need money, i agree.
    But the game don't need to be P2W because of that, like DBO always was... that's what i'm saying.
    They can still sell things for cash, and will have a lot of people that will buy.
    But they can add some other stuffs to get.

Very Low Drop from TMQ/UD like i say.
    Some kind of reward for high level CC Dungeon like Nady93 say.
    Thats a lot of ways that they could do without lose money.
    Because people who will buy cash, will buy anyway. People who don't, don't.
    Who don't buy cash, will make money in the ways he can and buy stones from the cashers that already exist.
    But this make all the game economy around the cash, thats why it's P2W.

Blade and Soul for example, you can make everything without spend money.
    Cash it's only for other things and the Russian Private it's going very well, because always have people who spend money.

• i strongly disagree with all the suggestions stated in the original post

first of all, boxes were a good thing and thats a fact
    why would anyone want upgrade crystals to become a UD/TMQ drop? to force players to spend endless periods of time trying to farm a couple crystals? let people enjoy the game the way they want, its not up to you decide how players have to play their game!
    money cost for each upgrade? not only you want people to spend hours farming crystals you also want them to spend zeni whenever they decide to use them? this is madness! i hope none of these suggestions are actually taken into consideration because it would literally shatter the game

• i strongly disagree with all the suggestions stated in the original post

first of all, boxes were a good thing and thats a fact
    why would anyone want upgrade crystals to become a UD/TMQ drop? to force players to spend endless periods of time trying to farm a couple crystals? let people enjoy the game the way they want, its not up to you decide how players have to play their game!
    money cost for each upgrade? not only you want people to spend hours farming crystals you also want them to spend zeni whenever they decide to use them? this is madness! i hope none of these suggestions are actually taken into consideration because it would literally shatter the game

I will not explain again why boxes was bad and how they ruined the game when come out.
    Just read other posts if you want. And, yes, waste time farming TMQ and UD, this is play the game... better them spend tons of cash and don't play the game.
    Like i say, this was my suggestion, my opinion. Dev team make what they want.
    And... shatter the game? Know what shatter the game when DBO was live? Boxes.
    Dbo before boxes - Fine, good game.
    Dbo after boxes - Ruined and boring

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!