No New episode of DBS?

• DBS with all honesty kinda FEELS Like that Something new that all the fans wanted, but didn't get properly.

We all remember that time when we were 8 Years Old and we thought WWE was THE SHIT! Then you grew up and knew how John Cena Always win at the end and went "Ouh my! How has this been happening to me!"

Same with other popular shows getting "COMEBACKS". The original, in the eyes of the fans, is always not GOOD, it's never BETTER!

I remember when I was just the sweatiest tiny nerd watching "Captain Tsubasa" (A Football show (Soccer!! :( )) And I thought the first 2 Series were just AMAZING! The story was so beautiful and all the characters develop so well (Kinda Like DB and DBZ).
    Then, Series 3 came out and the ANIMATION changed dramatically, which I wasn't a fan of at all! (DBGT)
    Then series 4 came out, and they took a GO at GRAPHIC + Animation, which just LOOKED good, but was animated TERRIBLY! (DBS)

Progression of the show: Pictures aren't in super high quality :(
    1: 1983
    Captain+Tsubasa+(6).png

2: 1988
    e51a0cef029149e64c2dfd8c42ae90c8a56d9eef0dab0149a210e48b74fc8ec4_large

3: 1991 BALL WAS TOO SMALL????? WHY!
    6dtr6e77c-1.jpg

4: 2001-2002 (A decade of waiting! Sounds like something along the lines of DBS)

tsu16.jpg

Looks much more detailed, but sadly, didn't come to expectation.... just like DBS

• 83 captain tsubasa rulez!!! the last one here in Brazil was called "SUPER CAMPEÔES"
    i dont want to look a such boring guy.. but its like an old treasure from my past was being ruined by new generation of animation understand?
    those forced transformations, plastic characters, i know changes must be done as the time runs in our lifes... and i know a lot of people like that changes, but for me, i will always keep the old school!!! ALWAYS!

• Dragonball is Dragonball and never shit

^That's like saying "Nintendo is Nintendo and they can never make any decisions that I disagree with"
    The battle cry of the modern age fan boy.

Just because something is "Dragon Ball" doesn't mean it automatically lives up to the expectations set by the original Dragon Ball series'.

The mentality your post embodies is akin to a little kid who gets all excited to see their favorites characters plastered over some mundane product like toothpaste with Elsa or Olaf on the label. It's Frozen, so it HAS to be good, right?

Perhaps a less hyperbolic example is in order. So many people are die hard fans of the Godzilla franchise of old monster movies. They have been watching these movies since they were kids, and get very excited to see new movies coming to theaters. The 2014 Godzilla movie had huge hype behind it, but the VAST majority of old school Godzilla fans found themselves utterly disappointed with how the movie turned out. It was "Godzilla"... technically, but it didn't capture the magic the old movies had. Two years later, the original creators of Godzilla, Touhou, came out and made a new proper Godzilla, and this made fans ecstatic. The movie Shin Godzilla, embodied many of the aspects that made fans of the original movies so passionate in the first place; it wasn't just some silly action flick like the 2014 debacle.

This can also be applied in the opposite way too. My Little Pony was considered by many to be childish, girly, and overall far too saccharine to suit an adult male's taste in entertainment media. For over 30 years we had been familiar with the cringy, barbie-doll esque generations of MLP, namely the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd generations. These cartoons had become the butt of jokes among many people; as no one other than little girls could take these "series': seriously. But then in October 10th 2010, a NEW generation of MLP started, Friendship is Magic. This generation went completely against all the things people had previously associated with MLP as a franchise. It was created by Lauren Faust, aka one of the most prominent and influencial cartoon artists/ storyboard writers of the modern era. With shows like Power Puff Girls (the original 90s version ofc), and Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends under her belt, it was clear as day that Friendship is Magic would be a huge departure from previous iterations. A huge cult following of adult male "bronies" latched on to the show and watch it/ discuss its' intricacies to this very day. There is so much depth, world building, compelling lore, clever writing, and satisfying character development in this show, that it allowed these adult males to cast aside their previous bias against the franchise to experience one of the greatest cartoons of the modern era, on par with shows like Adventure Time, Steven Universe, and Gravity Falls to name a few.

My point is that just because something was once "bad" or, in the case of Dragon Ball "good", DOESN'T mean that the quality is a given in any new iterations of the franchise.

• I'm sorry, but DBS is OBJECTIVELY garbage. People who enjoy it are only encouraging the writers/ animators to continue being lax in their craft. If DBS is positively received there's little reason for the people behind it to improve their work. Therefore, it DOES affect me and it isn't merely a matter of "to each his own".

Consumers need to stop accepting mediocrity and demand better. It is your obligation.

You should count yourself lucky. DBS is the greatest atrocity to "grace" Dragon Ball as a franchise. GT is bad you say? Well, in comparison to DBS, GT is a masterpiece.

Keep keep your opinion to yourself .

• I don't like Super for many reasons. It's not just about the terrible animation and art, or my personal preference for the Bruce Faulconer and video game soundtracks. The story itself is just completely nonsensical.

Beerus thinks at this point Goku could've only beaten Frieza in his Super Saiyan form and would've struggled even then, despite him having gotten so much incredibly stronger.

Bulma survives a hit from Beerus, and then Vegeta magically powers up so much more he'd somehow become 5x stronger than SSJ3 Goku. He'd need to multiply his strenght like 20-fold for that garbage. Why didn't this happen when he was pissed against Goku, Frieza, or god forbid Cell for murdering Trunks?

The strongest form in Dragonball history needs nothing but 6 goodie two shoes saiyans. It has nothing to do with training, and just like in DBGT, all that work they had to do to become SSJ1-2-3 was for nothing if they can just go Super Saiyan God by holding hands. At least SSJ4 required you to have mastered your base Super Saiyan form.

Goku goes and beats Zamasu fairly easily as a SSJ2, yet somehow doesn't punch him into the outter limits of space as a SSJB. SOMEHOW mr weaker-than SSJ2 Zamasu is still relevant when fighting an enemy far above SSJB. Somehow base Black Goku can survive attacks from SSJB Vegeta, or even a Super Saiyan 2 in the first place. How does one survive attacks from someone who's powered up 100 times?! Why was SSJ2 Trunks even relevant in a battle with Goku Black? Why is his spirit sword from 20 or so weak humans enough to kill Zamasu?

Why does Gohan who easily got reckt as a Super Saiyan by first form Frieza(while base form Goku was keeping up with Final Form frieza, despite Beerus' garbage)....now keep up sparring with an even more trained SUPER SAIYAN version of Goku?!

Should I REALLY get into why characters are getting hurt by simple gunshots and why everything the original Dragonball and DBZ taught us is getting thrown into the wayside? Inconsistencies and plotholes is everything DB Super stands for. Why even introduce these ugly neon-colored "god" forms if that just means you'll nerf every form below it to hell? Nothing makes sense.

• Trunks got energy from all the remaining people left on earth(maybe not many left but still). They gave their energy to save to world from black. Just like gokus spiritbomb vs kid buu. That was badass imo

• Trunks got energy from all the remaining people left on earth(maybe not many left but still). They gave their energy to save to world from black. Just like gokus spiritbomb vs kid buu. That was badass imo

Trunks getting energy to kill black goku/zamazu and goku's spiritbomb is two completely different things and cannot be compared. The power difference between goku ssj 3 and kid buu was not that big to begin with, while trunks ssj 2 was somehow useful in the fights against black goku and zamazu (make no sense whatsoever). Trunks getting powers from just a fraction of what goku did against kid buu (most humans was dead) were able to kill a god that went toe to toe with ssjb vegito??????? don't get me wrong, i love dbs, but the show's consistency is terrible and beyond garbage.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!