<Community Thread> Community Manager - Let's Talk!

• There's PLENTY of people who can help contribute, but trust is an obvious issue as it should be. If only he made some tools to allow players to develop offline content and submit for review. A quick license agreement change to state that all player submitted content is property of DBOG and he'd see amazing results.

• There's PLENTY of people who can help contribute, but trust is an obvious issue as it should be. If only he made some tools to allow players to develop offline content and submit for review. A quick license agreement change to state that all player submitted content is property of DBOG and he'd see amazing results.

I understand lots of people see it as a one-sided decision, but it's Daneos decision and he's the one that started this project. Many have suggested this and he stands still with his point of view. So far so good, we are going forward, and way faster than other private server projects.

• Why? he has been appointed a Community Manager to be a link between Developer and Users if one is not available at a time. In-game events happen due to server progress. Nowhere did either of the two posts say that becoming a community manager will make more events happen.

He's here to help us communicate easier with each other :)

since your the new community manager I expected more in game and forum events

• since your the new community manager I expected more in game and forum events

The role of a community manager is to monitor and get in touch with the community through all the available channels (forum and discord mostly). You can address me all your requests, questions and complaints and I'll make sure to offer you a reply as soon as we can, discussing it with the other members of staff and Daneos.

Events are not among my functions as a community manager right now, although in the future we might work on it. I guess you can understand that with the current buggy situation - since latest update - it would be a misstep to focus on events when a lot of players have bugged banks, crashed characters and many other problematic situations.

• Why? he has been appointed a Community Manager to be a link between Developer and Users if one is not available at a time. In-game events happen due to server progress. Nowhere did either of the two posts say that becoming a community manager will make more events happen.

He's here to help us communicate easier with each other :)

google what a community manager is before you comment please.

• The role of a community manager is to monitor and get in touch with the community through all the available channels (forum and discord mostly). You can address me all your requests, questions and complaints and I'll make sure to offer you a reply as soon as we can, discussing it with the other members of staff and Daneos.
    Events are not among my functions as a community manager right now, although in the future we might work on it. I guess you can understand that with the current buggy situation - since latest update - it would be a misstep to focus on events when a lot of players have bugged banks, crashed characters and many other problematic situations.

Excuses tbh, the previous community manager try to do events when the game was full with bugs. But if your up to it, I guess it can't be helped.
    :dsleepy::dshutup:

• Excuses tbh, the previous community manager try to do events when the game was full with bugs. But if your up to it, I guess it can't be helped. :dsleepy::dshutup:

As silly as it sounds, I'm not the previous community manager and I posted this to get in touch with you, and be open with my first objective as a recently appointed CM: to improve communication.

If you re-read my post, I never said anything about events or anything like it. I'm sorry I disappointed you but to be honest your expectations were based on what the previous CM and not what I wrote about me. I never intended to pursue the same path as previous CM, but rather first focus on 1 thing and then stimulate the exchange with the community.

I would have love if someone came to me and said: "Hey, are you going to do events like previous CM?", but hey you still brought up the subject, so thank you very much. I'll post another topic to propose ideas and listen to you guys (maybe a poll) so as to organize it.

• There's no need, not everyone of the same role functions the same. I could ramble on about how rude you are here but you should respect the decisions made by the current CM and what they want to do with their power and title if they choose to do so.

Let it be known that previous GM and such in the dev server were fired for going overboard against Daneos wishes so you can't just do what you want.

google what a community manager is before you comment please.

• A brief info for people who do not know what jobs a forum administrator does:

The roles of administrators in a forum:
    A) To authorize the entrance of new users after discussion and approval of the members of the forum.

B) Suspend or delete the account of the users that have behavior in contravía to the rules established and approved by the members of the collective, after determination of the ethics committee.

C) Propending for the security of the forum, the information that is in this and that of its members.

D) Eliminate the repeated themes or that already fulfilled the function for which they were created.

E) Pay attention to messages that may be offensive to some or some of the forum, deleting or editing them.

F) Create forums, sub-forums, topics or others that are proposed and approved by the members and whose purpose is to make decisions or create spaces to debate and / or share issues related to the operation of the forum or the dissemination of the subject .

G) To heed the suggestions and recommendations issued by the members of the forum.

H) To conduct a proper conduct to the position that has, respecting all members regardless of their preferences or convictions, avoiding at all times confrontation with any other member of the forum.

This does not attack anyone is only an info of what the administrator of the forum does, if I am wrong in something please correct me. Thank you for reading it.

And I really support arubaru.

jG2kdl4.gif
    >Soy modder de Codigos - Texturas - Audios - Etc.

>I am modder of Codes - Textures - Audios - Etc.

• these are guidelines of a forum moderator, which I guess he does aswell since hes probably the only active moderator, now he's community manager which also come with new responsible and taskes. Like I said before above go google it.

• Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you people know that I want to make these kinda long - but somehow useful - posts weekly so as to engage conversation and get your comments to Daneos regarding your suggestions, future events and also the work staff is doing. However, as Daneos wasn't home these days - and I need to be in contact with him regularly so as to provide proper information - I am taking longer than it should be from now on.

Daneos should be back today so I'll make sure to discuss some topics with him and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Thank you for your understanding,

Aru :dpeace:

• i have suggestion for you why you don't do weekly post \ topic you give us 5 choices and we just vote and the the 2 suggestions that get the most votes u talk with them daneos about them

• As first you need something to choose. It's up to us. We got the Freedom to choose.Don't be lazy.

I am sorry but I didn't understand your comment. However, the next post is heavily influenced by this thread's replies, so yeah, I NEED your opinion and that is what this first post is about. Let me know what you want to talk about!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!