MORE Missing Quests on Papaya are broken!

• After being broken for long period of time I just noticed something after trying to level up another character to level 70 is that the papaya quests that got were broken for a long period of time THAT GOT FIX are now broken again. The NPC that gives the quests are still there but don't have the quests to give. That and other 25% of quests are still broken.

• As you know, quest fixing is not a priority and will be done after the bigger things are working. This is because quests are fragile in the coding so with each new update they're likely to break again. Daneos doesn't want to have to do an extra patch after every single update to fix a quest that will break again after the next patch he does.

• As you know, quest fixing is not a priority and will be done after the bigger things are working. This is because quests are fragile in the coding so with each new update they're likely to break again. Daneos doesn't want to have to do an extra patch after every single update to fix a quest that will break again after the next patch he does.

Quest are one of the basic features of the game that should have been completed a long time ago imo. It Discourage new people and old from leveling or making alt character, cuz you gotta grind by 7 or 5 levels just to get level 70.

Bad coding is bad coding you just can't assume something else will break if he fixes quest, because that literally happen every update.

Besides that one priority list that one mod made is completely and utterly useless cuz daneos does whatever he want whenever he wants. If this was the case you would have fixed tax being already because that was at the top of list for a good couple of weeks.

Beside a going priority list shouldn't even be up for that long, it just confused everyone else and let's people know they don't have a say in the matter.

• Quest are one of the basic features of the game that should have been completed a long time ago imo. It Discourage new people and old from leveling or making alt character, cuz you gotta grind by 7 or 5 levels just to get level 70.

All members/players of the community who sign up to play DBO G, agree to the terms that the server is currently under pre open beta. This means that many bugs need to be fixed, which includes quests that are bugged.

Signing up to DBO G also means that you agree to become a participant in the pre open beta stage. Participation in pre open beta in simple terms can be defined as:

• A player is volunteering to help, acknowledge and assist that there will be bugs in the game. This includes any broken feature (in this case quests).
    • No one is forced to participate. If they do not like how some functions are not working correctly, then in all honesty we cannot help them in this situation as Daneos and the team are working as fast as they can to restore the game. Players will just have to be patient and wait until the game is restored to its original state.
    • Players do not have to engage in participation of pre open beta. It's their own personal choice to play on this server, and spend their own time how they see fit.

Also you claim this might 'discourage' players from leveling and grinding, but this is under the understanding that all character progress will be wiped. If participants can wrap their head around the fact that their character is going to be deleted, I'm pretty confident they will be able to understand that quests are bugged and need to be fixed.

Everyone levels up at their own pace, and in all honesty DBO G it isn't hard to level at all. I was able to level up my character on the pre open beta server from level 1 - 70 when I returned 1 month ago. So it is indeed possible (However in my case I might be an exception as I am experienced with leveling as I had multiple characters in the Taiwan version). Daneos was also generous to make skill resets free (once a week) to help assist all players in the game, which they should be grateful for. Because of this change, it grants players the opportunity to freely switch between PVP and PVE builds respectively.

Besides that one priority list that one mod made is completely and utterly useless cuz daneos does whatever he want whenever he wants. If this was the case you would have fixed tax being already because that was at the top of list for a good couple of weeks.

Beside a going priority list shouldn't even be up for that long, it just confused everyone else and let's people know they don't have a say in the matter.

It was clearly stated in the thread in bright red letters:

NOTE:

If 1 feature have the most votes that doesn't mean we will work on it first,
    we just want to know what our dear players wants to be added or fixed as

soon as possible.

The point of the thread was for the team to have an indication on what the community finds important to them, and what feature(s) they want to be fixed, as kindly explained by EsDeath in the above quote. The communities say in the matter was members who chose to participate in the poll, in addition members could also post in the thread and post their feedback on the subject.

Since this thread was made:

-HTB's were fixed and added
    -Multiple skills and adjustments have been made/fixed
    -Mudosa points were fixed correctly
    -Many bugs and problems that players experienced were fixed.

If you check the thread, the majority of the community voted for skills to be fixed first (40% of the communities votes) which is exactly what Daneos and the team have been working on.

• I guess posted this in the wrong section of the forums because I was really wasn't looking forward to go into deep debate ON WHY QUESTS AREN'T fix yet, but anyway you didn't need to give me the whole spiel on what a member is. Yes and your about half right of the player knowing ahead of time that server is going to be wipe but, its still bother players like me that have been on the server since day one, the beginning of server that quests aren't fix yet and have been reported multiple times by me and a few others. Also the fact that we've been in pre open beta for almost of a year now and still don't know when the wipe could happen, for all we know it could happen next year at this time, so you can't just write stuff off because of a unknown wipe, unless you know something I don't. I agree everyone levels at there own pace but hit papaya map and run out of quests at level 63 and have to grind 7 levels which is about 1 million EXP scaling up no one is going want to grind and will just wait until the quests get fixed which they'll have to wait a longer because its still not fixed.

This also lead to another problem I see around this game more often then I saw in the OG DBO, is the buying and selling accounts. The reason why people are buying and selling account because the quests are broken and people wants to play on different classes which they can't because they already know there gonna have to grind 7 levels just to get level 70, which makes a supply and demand market for selling and buying accounts.

The priority list comment part is a little off topic and irrelevant to me because Esdeath response to me with the same comment above because of what I had posted on that topic. I just went back and checked the thread and it looks like he edited his posted, so im not going to touch on why that priority list thread is useless for a 2nd time,but if I do recall I remember fixing attack speed was at the top of list for first 2 weeks of that thread being made but now its at the bottom? ?(

• Whether you played on day one or started one day ago means nothing, No one is special and given any special treatment, people who cash don't get any over non cashers either from staff or developer.

You have to accept that this is in-development still. Thing are going to be completed at a steady pace that the dev is capable of doing. The point of this server isn't to play regularly and level your characters up. It's to help the staff find and fix things so we can move on to Open-Beta faster.

• Whether you played on day one or started one day ago means nothing, No one is special and given any special treatment, people who cash don't get any over non cashers either from staff or developer.

You have to accept that this is in-development still. Thing are going to be completed at a steady pace that the dev is capable of doing. The point of this server isn't to play regularly and level your characters up. It's to help the staff find and fix things so we can move on to Open-Beta faster.

what are you on about? I never said people who play since beginning should get special treatment. ?(?(?(

Can a mod move this to bug reports thread because this is where all confusion began. I WASN'T trying to discuss that useless priority list thread or telling people fixing quests SHOULD be priority. I was just stating that some of quests in papaya got bug again because previously they WERE working. :S

Are we not allowed to report bug anymore without getting hassle like holy fuck. You guys can check my post I report bugs whenever I get the chance.

• Usually I tend to ignore posts like this, because I think it's a kind of post that everyone knows, yet nobody wants to talk about.

Questing is a big part of the game, since that's how you manage to grind your levels and take your own time as a beginner - veteran, and that's also how you manage to get to test your builds [as of now you can reset once per week for free, which means if you don't reset until like 54, you're free to do so and simply change your build anytime].
    I have five lv70 characters, and I leveled my swordsman when there wasn't any sort of UD or TMQ or anything that would / could help me get my 60-70 easily, it was a pain in the ass, but at the end of the day, this server will be pre-open, and I hate to say this, but I think if the community would have to choose between having content and serious bugs fixed rather than having quests for 5 levels of the game, they would pick the first.

Don't get me wrong, I am not trying to "play smart" or "offend you" whatsoever, I just feel like sharing my opinion, because as a member of the community, I would rather grind some levels at the end of the game, than see bugs like immortality, being able to be killed everywhere, 30% speed weapons, etc.

And to be honest, I am even grateful to Daneos and the whole mod team for making this all work for us, we could just simply wait without a game to play for the server to be released, but instead we can enjoy a test server until the real one is ready.

Yet again, I do feel like quests would be important, but as of now, there are more stuff that should be fixed - added, such as a +16 set for Roli, kthxbai.

• Hello, I'm not going to get in this discussion, but as you ask for moderation action:

Can a mod move this to bug reports thread because this is where all confusion began.

I feel I have to tell you that if you were to post this in bug support section (because reports are all now in Help Desk ) or I'f I had to move it there I would also need to delete it.

Why? Because in order to be valid a report needs INFORMATION. Your original post doesn't actually meet that condition, there isn't even a link to a previous thread where there were a list of papaya bugged quests or something similar.

• Hello, I'm not going to get in this discussion, but as you ask for moderation action:

I feel I have to tell you that if you were to post this in bug support section (because reports are all now in Help Desk ) or I'f I had to move it there I would also need to delete it.
    Why? Because in order to be valid a report needs INFORMATION. Your original post doesn't actually meet that condition, there isn't even a link to a previous thread where there were a list of papaya bugged quests or something similar.

i made a video about it a while ago. It cool tho it can stay here.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!