Raising Money Drop Amount

• One of the things that absolutely sucked in old DBO was how tedious making a profit was. It's bad enough when getting good gear is a hassle, but not being able to get your worth in zeni from drops when farming sucked even more. It also prompted people to use 3rd party sites to buy zeni so they can get their gear easily, which added to the whole "pay2win" situation. Since DBOG is trying to avoid that, one suggestion would be to increase the amount of zeni you get from a drop. Now I'm not saying make it to where you could get a million zeni from one drop, but make it an amount that would allow you to make a good enough profit so that buying from the AH (or just supplies in general) wouldn't be a pain. It also helps with having people not rely on 3rd party sites for zeni.

• Thanks. Another reason I made this is that another MMO I played, Digimon Masters Online, had it to where farming for currency/items was good enough that you didn't have to rely 3rd party sites. With enough time, you could make a good profit from selling drops and such. I feel DBOG should follow a similar theme.

• I completely agree as well. It was such a pain for me to get money, I never had a lot of money in DBO simply because I didnt have enough time to grind for good gear and sell it on AH. That seemed like the only way you could get started with having a lot of money. I would have loved it if could have just done pve and had a decent amount of zeni in the bank. As u stated not like millions of zeni but a comfortable amount that could at least get you started on buying ok gear from AH then working your way up.

• One of the things that absolutely sucked in old DBO was how tedious making a profit was. It's bad enough when getting good gear is a hassle, but not being able to get your worth in zeni from drops when farming sucked even more. It also prompted people to use 3rd party sites to buy zeni so they can get their gear easily, which added to the whole "pay2win" situation. Since DBOG is trying to avoid that, one suggestion would be to increase the amount of zeni you get from a drop. Now I'm not saying make it to where you could get a million zeni from one drop, but make it an amount that would allow you to make a good enough profit so that buying from the AH (or just supplies in general) wouldn't be a pain. It also helps with having people not rely on 3rd party sites for zeni.

hmm, increasing the gold income without creating gold sinks lead to a hugely inflated market. So I dont think its a good idea.

• Exactly. Lol Daneos, I didnt take you for someone that understand mmo economy as well. Cool.

And let me add something to this.

The korean market was really healthy , things there cost 10m at most, So you only needed to farm a few mobs and you could buy your things.
    The tawain/hong kong market were flooded by money through real cash and outside the game events, so economy there made the money value worthless

• You can't say that, why? obviously revenues are needed to keep the game... If all it is easy to get with zeni, people won't buy cash items and then will have problems for hold on with the server... Just it's about effort, you can't have all it at handle.

well considering you cant buy cash shop items with zeni i have no idea what youre talking about

• i played korean servers for god knows how long, that other guy sounds like all he did is read malu's comments in dbocom

The same weapon that cost 40m on korean servers would go over 1 billion in taiwan. So yeah, korean was a lot better then taiwan for sure.
    I also played korean for god knows how long , my sig pic is from korean btw.

Also , the korean population was as low as any servers. I also played server 1 taiwan and there were at max 50 active players there, as much as korean, maybe hong kong had a bit more players? Just because korean had like 10 less players isnt an excuse for prices to be 100 times different

Another thing. I played Dbo Kr since alpha test (yeah, much longer then you i bet) and the economy has never hit the inflation taiwan was at( seriously things would go ove 1 billion zeni). When DBOKR was really popular things were still the same prices, they never changed.

Let me just compare my account amount of zennies on both servers:
    Taiwan: I had 3 characters each holding 1 billion zeni for me
    Korean: My main character had 60m

The richest guy I know in taiwan had 10 characters each holding 1 bi and the richest guy i knew in korean had like 200m zeni( that was A LOT of money in korea).
    Another point in favor for korean, they've been around for way longer then taiwan, if you've watched the video you would know that the longer a mmo lasts , the bigger the inflation grows and yet taiwan in the very first month had things surpassing 1 billion zenies.

• ok apples and oranges right here, if you knew korean servers as good as you claim you would understand that korea didnt even have 10% the amount of players tw had, of course weapons have to be cheaper because the demand was so much lower than other servers, in some cases (take chef as example) weapons would be 2 or 3 million because there was literally nobody playing this class! jesus christ is that so hard to understand? besides, again if you knew korea so good you would also know that most of the players were 30-40 years old guys smart enough not to hyper inflate the economy by putting random trash in the auction house for millions and millions like taiwanese players, now the richest guy having only 200 million is just a new level of bullshit, by the time the server was shut down i had more than that and i wasnt even a casher
    its funny that people actually buy malu's bullshit on dbocom forums lol

• ok apples and oranges right here, if you knew korean servers as good as you claim you would understand that korea didnt even have 10% the amount of players tw had, of course weapons have to be cheaper because the demand was so much lower than other servers, in some cases (take chef as example) weapons would be 2 or 3 million because there was literally nobody playing this class! jesus christ is that so hard to understand? besides, again if you knew korea so good you would also know that most of the players were 30-40 years old guys smart enough not to hyper inflate the economy by putting random trash in the auction house for millions and millions like taiwanese players, now the richest guy having only 200 million is just a new level of bullshit, by the time the server was shut down i had more than that and i wasnt even a casher
    its funny that people actually buy malu's bullshit on dbocom forums lol

That doesnt make sense cause thats not how economy works, in any way.

you too are comparing oranges and apples here.

You are saying korean didnt have 10% the taiwanese population while you forget that when I used to play the korean version the tawainese version didnt even exist.

Seriously this part: " besides, again if you knew korea so good you would also know that most
    of the players were 30-40 years old guys smart enough not to hyper
    inflate the economy by putting random trash in the auction house for
    millions and millions like taiwanese players"

This has 0 sense of economy. Thats not how economy works at all.

If you had 200m by the time dbo was shutting down is proof enough of what the autor of the video I posted said ( the longer a mmo lasts, the richer people become and money starts to inflate).

200m in DBOkr back then ( which had at least 400 active players ) you could buy at least 4 +15 items in the AH.

Another thing, amount of player doesnt account for any change in mmo economy , time does.
    You just compared that with the less played class in DBO , again, apples and oranges right here.

Things for chefs were and will always be cheap in any given server, because they are the least played class , this is a proportion matter ( doesnt matter if 10 players or 100 are playing this class, as long as the percentage is still around 1%, meaning the less played class, prices arent going to change in that regard).
    Now regarding player population in a mmo, it works more or less like this. You dont have too many players to buy your gears, so you would put at low prices but at the same time you also dont have any price competitors, So you increase your prices. Basically mmo population balances it out:

- more players higher prices leading to more competition and smaller prices
    - less players smaller prices leading to less competition and higher prices

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!