Channels and Languages

• The guild system is designed for players to make friends and help keep in contact with others. If players don't want to join a guild, that is essentially them saying they are fine with running solo. They are choosing to not make friends.

loool this is sooo not true. I have my own guild just for my accounts, so i can pull them easily. Do i have trouble maling friends or finding a party because i am not in a guild? No lol... you meet people everywhere you go, i talk through /w with them, am i choosing not to make any friends? No.

This argument of ‘you join a guild to make friends’ is not true, you make friends anywhere you go.

• loool this is sooo not true. I have my own guild just for my accounts, so i can pull them easily. Do i have trouble maling friends or finding a party because i am not in a guild? No lol... you meet people everywhere you go, i talk through /w with them, am i choosing not to make any friends? No.

This argument of ‘you join a guild to make friends’ is not true, you make friends anywhere you go.

True true, you can make friends without joining a group, whether one decides to go solo or join in a group, one can still make friends, it doesn't suddenly change.

But well, there are different reasons some people join groups...some do it for the ranking (at least in some mmo games where people are competitive), others in order to have faster results at finding friends, wanting to feel like they're a part of something big, like a family, or some people simply prefer to spend time in groups, since it's more likely to get help from a group of people than asking one person seperately. Again, it differs from user to another. Some people prefer to be more free thus not wanting to join a guild, meanwhile others want to be part of a group so they'll feel more safe and comfortable...it's that whole sheep and wolf situation, sheeps usually prefer groups and wolves like to venture solo.

Basically, groups aren't just there to make friends, it has more uses than that,
    Tempest wasn't 100% correct, but wasn't exactly wrong either. Not trying to pick sides here, just wanted to give my own thoughts, i probably missed an important part or two, so sorry in advance.

• loool this is sooo not true. I have my own guild just for my accounts, so i can pull them easily. Do i have trouble maling friends or finding a party because i am not in a guild? No lol... you meet people everywhere you go, i talk through /w with them, am i choosing not to make any friends? No.

As far i know a Guild, is a place where we can share something we have in common with someone or everyone else and do stuff together, like the basic talk and/or doing pve/pvp together and why not, solidify friendship with members.

If you use a Guild to gather your alts thats very good, wish you the best!, i did the same at TW and then, with the time i meet some wonderful people, they wanted to join, so i said yes, and we are a very close friends till now,.. now back OT, i can use soda or even wine to cook, not just to drink, mostly things can have an alternative use, like LFG or Trade chat, we can use it to just talk and/or make friends, not just to LFGing or Trading stuff, and like you said, we can make friends anywhere we go, like partying, going at pvp platform, LFG, Trade chat and/or at random at any map we are, and discord like Tempest said, we have options to keep in touch, we are not limited thats what i understand from what he said.

The primary function of the guild system was constructed and designed as a social system for players to use and interact with each other. Forming friendships can certainly be an outcome.

Hosting a guild solely just for your alt accounts isn't exactly described as a primary function that the majority of players use the system for, although it indeed can be used in that way (some players have "bank guilds" for example).

In the context of this thread, Rob is arguing that players are having difficulty forming friendships due to struggling to find players who speak their native language, in which case I'm saying that those players should look into:

• Joining active social guilds with players that speak their native language.
    • Participating in DBO G's discord (which is also for members who speak other languages)
    • Utilizing LFG/LGP chat

All three of the above are solutions to those players who are struggling to form friendships of their native language.

I didn't say in my post players without guilds can't make friends. The point that was made is that searching for a guild can indeed help those players who are experiencing difficulties. By actively not joining a guild (or attempting to form their own guild) these types of players are in no position to complain that they are struggling to form friendships, as they have not made an attempt to join an active guild (which can be a social system designed for players as previously stated).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!