Client modifications

• Hello, I have been playing your server for a bit. You have done really well with creating this new Dragon Ball Online Server. My primary concerns come from the stability of the actual client. We suffer from severe lag spikes while traveling, or even during combat. The screen will freeze up and sometimes die due to the lag. I am running a pretty decent system but with how the game runs I might as well be playing on an old laptop.

My System Specs are:
    AMD FX 6300 Six-Core Processor
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB GPU
    8GB of RAM
    2.5 TB of HDD Space
    Windows 10 Pro Edition

Is there a way for you to code the client so it can maximize it's performance on a 64x based system?

• Buy an older pc,have you ever thought,someone tell you that?well there you go...

Unfortunately this been asked alot of times in past,with mods replying about how shitty win 10 are,which they are...

So,win 10 is a no,no and good luck with oldest os, some people has issues even with older versions,majority dont...

• Yeah I've personally made a threat about these mini freezes and in another post by another player, Daneos said that he hasn't found the cause to the problem. Here's the link to the person's post about the same issue where Daneos responded if you wanna read it. Is Daneos going to fix the mini freezes in the game? and here's the link to my threat about the same topic Does this game support sli configuration?

• I do not believe it is Windows 10 issue on

Buy an older pc,have you ever thought,someone tell you that?well there you go...

Unfortunately this been asked alot of times in past,with mods replying about how shitty win 10 are,which they are...

So,win 10 is a no,no and good luck with oldest os, some people has issues even with older versions,majority dont...

Wouldn't the cheaper, more effective solution would be to duel boot into Windows 7? At any rate, I am sure Daneos is capable of increasing the performance of the client. Allowing it to take advantage of a more advanced OS is all it needs. If he can reverse engineer the server files than I am sure that modifying the client should not be an issue?

• It varies, I just now have installed windows 10 gamer edition and played DBO for the first time on the fearful Windows 10, didn't have major freezing but it didn't run as smooth as on my windows 7 and 8.1 pc's but thankfully it wasn't super noticeable as you can judge for yourself from my last live stream.

• I do not believe it is Windows 10 issue on

Wouldn't the cheaper, more effective solution would be to duel boot into Windows 7? At any rate, I am sure Daneos is capable of increasing the performance of the client. Allowing it to take advantage of a more advanced OS is all it needs. If he can reverse engineer the server files than I am sure that modifying the client should not be an issue?

I actually stated that in a similar thread about a secondary master boot and i was kinda sarcastic about buying an older pc ,also try not to be sure that a person,that does hell of work,that he is capable to do everything,i mean how can you be sure?If im good at caching fish,doesn't mean that im good at cooking them...Anyone that respects himself,should already taken down Win 10 by now and also there arent any apps or games that requires Win 10 to run,so...BUT have in mind that even some people that went back to Win 7 had issues as well,witch means that might not be Win 10 OS the issue(this happens when the game is not tested properly,dont forget this is a private server).

If i remember well, the game had issues with time zones and language and to be able to run the English patch you had to mess up with your zone,anyone that knows even few things of emulation,also knows what it brings with it...

It might not have to do with that,but still an assumption as none really knows in what state the game runs,as there is no information anywhere...I really wish the best and i want this to be in full success.

• I did not assume that he could do it, I asked that since it was possible for him to reverse engineer the server should it be possible for him to reverse engineer the client as well(Open it up and tinker around with it's code etc). Your analogy was not very accurate to say the least. Seeing that cooking and hunting are 2 different things. I have associated myself with a few private server owners for other games, namely Ragnarok Online and RF Online. I have seen the dev team perform acts of which improved client stability. Not to downplay Daneo's skills or anything, I was merely asking if he was capable of doing so. I also tried raising priority in my task manager which didn't affect the game at all, and I also tried running the game in compatibility mode but the game freezes.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!