Cooldown calculation

• im really not sure so i hope someone can confirm this but yeah 52 cd points would be 52*0.7=36% cooldown reduction

• "burning attack burning attack" not everyone makes a character just to be useless and kill mobs.

Donald along with others like Iceman are actually talking solid facts these days, thank you guys. Also CD was already capped in TW at 77% and 1 CD = .77, things were just fine why was this changed? At the very least give us an answer.

It helps with leveling at least.

Okay but what about PvP? SM is harder than ever to play in 1v1 PvP. Thats like saying CD is just fine because fighters can still level fine with Big bang attack.

• Lets clear up one thing about CD, in order to hit the -50% cap, you need to have 71 CD.One more thing, even with the cap placed at 50%, SM are still capable of spamming burning attack in PvE(No good SM uses energy SM moves).

But that's enough about PvE no one in their right mind would choose SM, and restrict themselves to PvE only. Honestly CD isn't "too" big of an issue in PvP, most of the time I'm capable of killing humans/majins(unless it's an ultimate) very quickly thanks to glaring slash. As for Shadow knights I'm not too sure, as far as I know when props were 0.5 I was able to take down SKs with gear(+6-9) similar to my own. The real issue is the nerf Kidney shot recieved making it impossible to KD lock a SK for long periods of time, unless you can deliver the required amount of damage on time you're not going to win. The second a SK stuns you, and starts landing hits it's game over, especially when you take reflect into account. You're best course of action would be to lower their health to a certain amount(make sure to be fully buffed), use glaring slash, and finish them off with a powerful MSS. Depending on how much reflect they're using you're going to need a decent amount of con, make sure to tank into account they can use a pill last second just barely allowing them to survive the hit to finish you off.

• Nice, completely disregarded my argument. Alright let us break down your argument Sirab, your point is CD needs to be fixed, and your evidence is "CD needs reworking for classes like SM". Neat, now can you please explain why SM needs CD to be reworked? Outside of Kidney shot's nerf I don't see any issues taking down SKs with my SM.

• Nice, completely disregarded my argument. Alright let us break down your argument Sirab, your point is CD needs to be fixed, and your evidence is "CD needs reworking for classes like SM". Neat, now can you please explain why SM needs CD to be reworked? Outside of Kidney shot's nerf I don't see any issues taking down SKs with my SM.

Well hopefully this post doesn't get deleted due to corruption but here it goes. We as a community shouldn't even take arguments like this seriously, here's why. Not only, are you using a very niche skill as an example for why CD is fine but the skill itself requires a dedicated upgraded sword to begin with, SM is already a very costly class to play, and a lvl 70 SM has only 25 base E crit rate. So it's not even realistic to use nor is it worth it especially if you plan on going 1v1 PvP.

Now onto why SM needs CD to be reworked, as we all know CD is one of SMs main set of earrings for PvP, and as you've said before once a good SK lands a stun it's basically over as an SM. And now that N prop doesn't ignore your opponents props it's even more required that you have a good combo so to finish off an SK and good CD is required for that. In TW the CD was 1 = .77 and that was barely enough for an SM now it's even worse. If bugs were fixed you could KD spam an SK but of course simple reflect counters that easily. Do you even see SMs running all over the place? No you don't they're actually laughed at nowadays since CD is worse than ever before.

• Sure, I can agree with you that CD's cap definitely needs to be raised to increase the viability of SM in PvP. But even with CD being capped at 50% SM are still capable of taking down SKs just barely though if your SM is geared well enough. But than Daneos nerfed Kidney shot, which is the real problem for SM. Since the kidney shot nerf, it's become much more difficult for a SM to stand a chance against a SK(although it's still somewhat possible), even if Daneos decides not to change CD I think he should at the bare minimum change kidney shot back to what it was before.

When taking on other Martial artists, I think SM is pretty good at taking them down depending on your accessory set up(Dex, props, etc). Most of the time SM completely trash spiritualists with no problem thanks to scintillation, and their long range KD. But when you're taking on majins you're going to have a difficult time like any other class in the entire game, and taking down Namekians depends on your ability to deal high enough damage in a short amount of time with KD lock. Although it's definitely draws the shortest straw out of most of the classes, since Fighter has superior evasion and damage capability. And when you have the choice of choosing SK, Ultimate, Karma, there'd really be no reason for you to choose SM.

The reasoning behind me using BA as an example, was because someone(Blazing) stated that SM would benefit from CD being changed because of BA. Also just a suggestion but I think you should try using CC70 rings(Or Kraken ring's 13 prop) to boost your attribute damage by 7% per ring, combined with glaring slash it should be able to put a good dent into a SK's health.

• Sure, I can agree with you that CD's cap definitely needs to be raised to increase the viability of SM in PvP. But even with CD being capped at 50% SM are still capable of taking down SKs just barely though if your SM is geared well enough. But than Daneos nerfed Kidney shot, which is the real problem for SM. Since the kidney shot nerf, it's become much more difficult for a SM to stand a chance against a SK(although it's still somewhat possible), even if Daneos decides not to change CD I think he should at the bare minimum change kidney shot back to what it was before.

When taking on other Martial artists, I think SM is pretty good at taking them down depending on your accessory set up(Dex, props, etc). Most of the time SM completely trash spiritualists with no problem thanks to scintillation, and their long range KD. But when you're taking on majins you're going to have a difficult time like any other class in the entire game, and taking down Namekians depends on your ability to deal high enough damage in a short amount of time with KD lock. Although it's definitely draws the shortest straw out of most of the classes, since Fighter has superior evasion and damage capability. And when you have the choice of choosing SK, Ultimate, Karma, there'd really be no reason for you to choose SM.

The reasoning behind me using BA as an example, was because someone(Blazing) stated that SM would benefit from CD being changed because of BA. Also just a suggestion but I think you should try using CC70 rings(Or Kraken ring's 13 prop) to boost your attribute damage by 7% per ring, combined with glaring slash it should be able to put a good dent into a SK's health.

@2:12

SM in dbog cant do that type of damage you see in the video which is the first problem, with the CD nerfed its hard to keep KD combo going

Are you talking about stun diminishing? That's not really a nerf, since it was in TW as well, but I get what you mean. It should stay like that though because stuns can be abused without diminishing. Also, almost every decent SK that took 1v1 PvP seriously got a full +15 set, on a previous post you said you only fought SKs around +6 - +9, so I can see why you didn't have trouble with them. The rest of your post was mainly just stuff I already debunked.

• Also, almost every decent SK that took 1v1 PvP seriously got a full +15 set, on a previous post you said you only fought SKs around +6 - +9, so I can see why you didn't have trouble with them.

I don't understand why you bothered mentioning that most "decent" SKs have plus 15 gear, if the SM has weaker gear naturally they're going to lose. Also about the +6-+9 SKs, I didn't say I didn't have trouble with them, I specifically worded it saying I was able to take them down. And my gear is all +0 except for my level 65 sword, and dex boots which are both plus 10. I would imagine a SM fighting another SK with similar gear would function in the same fashion regardless if it's highly upgraded (for example plus 0 vs plus 0, and plus 15 vs plus 15). Expecting a plus 10 to take down a plus 15 is completely irrational, although it was possible before reflect could kill, and SM damage was changed(21 was capable of taking down plus 15 SKs with plus 0 gear).

But that's besides the point this thread downgraded to why SM needs CDR, rather than the original intent which was to discuss the need of reverting the CDR cap back to 77%. So far from what I've gained from your argument, is that SM are the only class that heavily rely on CD during PvP, and without it getting changed they're not a viable class. I think that pretty much sums up everything we've discussed. I doubt any further discussion would make Daneos change CDR, as we'd just keep on repeating the same thing over and over again. I made a poll on whether or not the CDR cap should be changed, so if you want it to be changed go vote, and maybe Daneos will consider it.

• I don't understand why you bothered mentioning that most "decent" SKs have plus 15 gear, if the SM has weaker gear naturally they're going to lose. Also about the +6-+9 SKs, I didn't say I didn't have trouble with them, I specifically worded it saying I was able to take them down. And my gear is all +0 except for my level 65 sword, and dex boots which are both plus 10. I would imagine a SM fighting another SK with similar gear would function in the same fashion regardless if it's highly upgraded (for example plus 0 vs plus 0, and plus 15 vs plus 15). Expecting a plus 10 to take down a plus 15 is completely irrational, although it was possible before reflect could kill, and SM damage was changed(21 was capable of taking down plus 15 SKs with plus 0 gear).

But that's besides the point this thread downgraded to why SM needs CDR, rather than the original intent which was to discuss the need of reverting the CDR cap back to 77%. So far from what I've gained from your argument, is that SM are the only class that heavily rely on CD during PvP, and without it getting changed they're not a viable class. I think that pretty much sums up everything we've discussed. I doubt any further discussion would make Daneos change CDR, as we'd just keep on repeating the same thing over and over again. I made a poll on whether or not the CDR cap should be changed, so if you want it to be changed go vote, and maybe Daneos will consider it.

You're taking my words out of context, I never said I expected you to beat a +15 SK, i'm telling you most SKs who take PvP seriously cashed for a +15 set, the +6 - +9 SKs you faced 9 times outta 10 were casuals. And you're trying to make it seem like I made this discussion downgrade. It downgraded when you guys kept bringing up Burning Attack.

• You're taking my words out of context, I never said I expected you to beat a +15 SK, i'm telling you most SKs who take PvP seriously cashed for a +15 set, the +6 - +9 SKs you faced 9 times outta 10 were casuals. And you're trying to make it seem like I made this discussion downgrade.

Just to clarify I wasn't talking about myself, I was talking about SM in general that didn't have plus 15 gear. And I'mma tell you right now I've faced against three really good SKs(Phoenix, Antibleed, and Iceman) that don't even have plus 15, and they've been around for a very long time. And one more thing I never said *you* made this conversation downgrade, but you're definitely apart of the downgrade(whether or not you can consider me the same is up to you to decide, tbh Idc).

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!