My PC died. This new one will run DBOG smoothly?

• Hi forum.

After 10 long years of service, my PC died. I want to buy a new one, considering that the only game I play in a PC is DBOG.

I had a 500GB HD (which I will still use), 4GB RAM and maybe a Pentium 4 ... i don't remember correctly this one. The only thing I remember is that it had an Intel Graphics Card and could run DBO smoothly, no lag at all, even at crowded areas.

So, I was offered this one:

160GB HD SATA

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz

4GB RAM (Kingston)

Onboard Graphic Card DDR3 (??)

ATX 350W

Since I don't know nothing about computers, can someone tell me if this a good spec for DBO? I saw this machine running Minecraft at ease, if it help someone to get a comparison.

• 1GB minimum if u ask me, especially if you are running Windows 7 or newer OS. But 2GB is recommended...

The Operating System takes most of the 512Mb Ram of an computer its nearly impossible to run anything smoothly nowadays with that amount of RAM. But nevermind that. Your PC does not have an Graphic Card, you need one to be able to play DBO or any game! Either buy one and install it on the mentioned PC that you've been offered or buy one with a GPU.

An On-board GPU is integrated on the Motherboard, it takes a % of the existing RAM of your PC and uses it as VRAM (Video RAM). Its purpose is mainly to give you a picture on your monitor. Can be used for office PC's and similar ones that don't have to do intensive tasks. I've recently used my Onboard GPU because my dedicated one died but not long ago I bought a GT710 2GB GDDR5 and DBO runs pretty smoothly, decently in crowded areas.

Anyways, what is the problem with your current PC? Perhaps you can fix it by just replacing the "dead" part of it. Maybe your PSU (power supply) or some other component has died, which can be replaced. Perhaps it would be a better option to replace this "X" component than buying a whole new PC.

• 1GB minimum if u ask me, especially if you are running Windows 7 or newer OS. But 2GB is recommended...

The Operating System takes most of the 512Mb Ram of an computer its nearly impossible to run anything smoothly nowadays with that amount of RAM. But nevermind that. Your PC does not have an Graphic Card, you need one to be able to play DBO or any game! Either buy one and install it on the mentioned PC that you've been offered or buy one with a GPU.

An On-board GPU is integrated on the Motherboard, it takes a % of the existing RAM of your PC and uses it as VRAM (Video RAM). Its purpose is mainly to give you a picture on your monitor. Can be used for office PC's and similar ones that don't have to do intensive tasks. I've recently used my Onboard GPU because my dedicated one died but not long ago I bought a GT710 2GB GDDR5 and DBO runs pretty smoothly, decently in crowded areas.

Anyways, what is the problem with your current PC? Perhaps you can fix it by just replacing the "dead" part of it. Maybe your PSU (power supply) or some other component has died, which can be replaced. Perhaps it would be a better option to replace this "X" component than buying a whole new PC.

Considering it had 10 years, I think it's better to get something new instead fixing it, maybe spend a little more and get an i3. And yes, it has an Onboard GPU, Intel HD Graphics 4000.

• Not necessarily the best Specs, but they should do the trick. Now, the only real hiccup is your processors. You've got to figure out what Graphics card you've got, so we can properly assess. Besides, I'm sure you're good. DBO doesn't need a powerhouse...especially since your last PC ran it fine. This time around, it should be a sinch!

--..-.我有足夠多的足夠手段.-.---.
    ████
    ████████ ███

x1hbfp.png

• better buy an external graphic card. Onboard Cards are way slow and shity.

Dont know which card u could buy. Can tell you with my specc's

i3

gtx 750 ti

8 GB Ram

1TB Sata HDD

i can easily run 6 clients at the same time. Maybe more but didnt tested.

So your 4GB should be enough for a smoothly client od DBOG and your cpu is also strong enough to handle this :)

• Considering it had 10 years, I think it's better to get something new instead fixing it, maybe spend a little more and get an i3. And yes, it has an Onboard GPU, Intel HD Graphics 4000.

Mine is too, about 10 years old.

Dual Core E5200 2.5 Ghz

3GB of DDR2 Ram

Had Ati Radeon 4550 HD 512 VRAM, ran DBO fine, not smoothly in every situation but very playable, I've done little research and Intel HD 4000 seems to be faster than Ati Radeon 4550 so it should be more than enough for DBO. However I don't wanna lie to you, I am not entirely sure but it should. Be careful with your choices.

Here's the source: http://gpu.userbenchmark.com/C…adeon-HD-4550/2169vsm8944

Anyways, my new GPU is GT 710, its really in the weak category even tho made in 2016 its not a gaming card and I run DBO just fine at 1600x1200 res, high settings, only player shadows disabled. In worst case scenario you could get one for 40-70 dollars/euros. Or a cheaper/more expensive one.

I could dual client with the Ati Radeon HD 4550 before too, never tried on the new one nor am I interested in trying, just saying.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!