Is this upgrade system fair?

• from trying to upgrade my gear the last week. I lost 30kk but tbh, that was my fault.

how the hell is it my fault. I farmed like any other people and you just got to be lucky to get some good stone drops like green or purple. I also got some reds and blues as well so idk what are you talking about from saying it is my fault.

Well i guess you didnt since i can drop that much in 30 mins or so. Every time i farm i dont stop until i get 10 purple/greens and that take about 2-3 hours for me.

• Well i guess you didnt since i can drop that much in 30 mins or so. Every time i farm i dont stop until i get 10 purple/greens and that take about 2-3 hours for me.

Well that is your luck. I got mine. And everyone else got theirs. And if you just come here just to start blaming people for their own problems because of their luck is not good then how about you just leave.

dangerlord.png

tumblr_n0jaqoJedv1qiijr6o1_500.gif

Jr Master of FusionFall

11_small.pngFighter lvl60: DangerLord54

18_small.pngTurtle lvl44: RangerLord94

20_small.pngPoko Priest lvl17: SpeedLord24

19_small.pngShadow Knight lvl1: TankLord14

• Well that is your luck. I got mine. And everyone else got theirs. And if you just come here just to start blaming people for their own problems because of their luck is not good then how about you just leave.

Why you gotta be butthurt m8? 3 stones in 6 hours is not bad luck. Im trying to help here and you are obviously doing wrong if you get that much in 6 hours. Would you tell me your equipment and how you try to farm? You should have a majin alt to help you farming. Then farm in a place with lots of agro mobs.

• Why you gotta be butthurt m8? 3 stones in 6 hours is not bad luck. Im trying to help here and you are obviously doing wrong if you get that much in 6 hours. Would you tell me your equipment and how you try to farm? You should have a majin alt to help you farming. Then farm in a place with lots of agro mobs.

Srry man, I'm just not been very happy since my terrible upgrade luck. All my gear is lvl 55 except for my stick which is lvl 46.

Lvl 55 top- Dex 21 and +10.

Lvl 55 pants- con 20 and +9

Lvl 55 shoe- con 19 and +12

Lvl 55 glove- 21% Phys crit and +10

Lvl 46 stick- 20% Phys crit and +15.

The pants I was upgrading was lvl 60.

I farm in papaya at manhole beach and I have no alt.

I can gather 12 mobs at most with my buff and ssj. With DB buff and ssj, I can gather like 15. I use big bang and then storm strike. But idk about my stone drop luck.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• Yes you have solid fighter but thats for PVP. Looking at your signature i see you have a LVL 44 Turtle. I think you should level him. It would be much easier to lvl him. Even if you have no friends to go UD3 you can always kill mobs yourself with weekend exp and exp boost you get form boss or %200 EXP boost if you can cash or have zeni to buy it. If you can at least make your Turtle lvl 50 it will be better than Fighter alot.

Top % Lp Recover

Pants %Lp Recover

Shoe Con

Glove Focus

Wand Energy Crit Hit Rate

If you wear these types of equipment you will have better time killing mobs. If you are lazy to lvl your turtle and want to farm with your Fighter i also have a good idea for that.

You can go full cooldown rings/earrings. You can get 10 CD earrings from CCBD. Buy CD rings from auction house aswell they are kinda cheap. With those CD rings and your own CD buff you can spam Big Bang Attack very easy.

Then you should get

Top % LP REcover

Pants %LP Recover

in my opinion.

That way you dont have to sit down much and can regain your LP while fighting.

With my turtle i always buff myself with my alt buffer then go farm. With SSJ Majin Buffs and Dragon Buffs i rarely sit down and keep killing mobs.

Yes you can have bad luck sometimes but by killing more mobs in less time you can increase your luck of dropping stones.

English is not my main language but i hope you understood what i meant. If you have any more problems you can ask me.

• Faster mob kills, more massive crowds etc.

Probably a turtle doing the job. Aside from the reasons why you could get 10 advanced in about 2-3 hours, I lost 100kk before on the upgrade system, started on +14 and ended on +3 on 4 different pieces of equipment (ouch T-T) I fought hard to make those 100kk but the game doesn't care about that, the chances of you getting +15 are very rare and you'd have to cash a lot literally. If Daneos somehow finds this post well let me tell you: If you manage to the edit the game files, edit the stupid upgrade system :(

• K, thx. But how do you able to get like 10 purple or green in 2-3 hours? It takes me 1 hour to get at least one advanced.

More kill = more chances of dropping stones. There is no special trick to this. If you kill more mobs faster and without sitting you will have more chances of dropping stones.

Faster mob kills, more massive crowds etc.

Probably a turtle doing the job. Aside from the reasons why you could get 10 advanced in about 2-3 hours, I lost 100kk before on the upgrade system, started on +14 and ended on +3 on 4 different pieces of equipment (ouch T-T) I fought hard to make those 100kk but the game doesn't care about that, the chances of you getting +15 are very rare and you'd have to cash a lot literally. If Daneos somehow finds this post well let me tell you: If you manage to the edit the game files, edit the stupid upgrade system :(

Why? So everyone can go PVP with +15 stuff after 2 hours of farming? +15 is supposed to be very rare its not easy to get. And upgrading system is pure luck. It doesnt depends on which card select. You may go all the way +15 without getting broken or get 10 brokens in a row. It all comes to %.

Edit: You said started on +14 and ended on +3 or 4. At +14 you shouldnt try to upgrade it. You should use downgrade stones to make the item +12 then use advanced stone on it so you can have more chance of upgrading it.

• I made my stick to +15 but it may have took 1 month and a lot of my luck away which is why I'm not lucky now but it is a bit rare. My lvl 55 pants was +13 before but now it is +9 because broken twice in a row.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• As much as I hate the upgrade system myself, I wouldn't want it to change either....it may be unfair to all but that's the point...unfair to ALL....making it "fair" would indeed increase the gap between f2p and p2p players....but my opinion may be biased.

As for the "bad luck" mentioned.....I'm pretty sure that's the norm for everyone who puts a lot of effort into the game, as its nothing compared to what I've experienced. The issue is that people got used to the lazy "afk=OP upgrades era" where you think because you can afford and get high upgrades, the system is easy....but now that the actual effort part of the game begins and you realise that afk wont cut it, something is wrong (the "you" is speaking in general to people it applies to...not just one person).

Be honest, what would dbz be like if there were only gokus, no humans, no weak characters....where's the fun in that? And goku would be nothing special...the game emulates the same...or tries to. Only those who put insane effort would be strong (6 hours of farming doesnt even begin to cut at)

However, instead of actually strength, its more of a whoever is the luckiest will be strong...so the "effort" is just the ount of chances you can attempt to win the 1 in a million jackpot.

My 2 cents

Oh I forgot to mention, one point i've come across the forums multiple times and I strongly agree with is remove the option to get +1 from advance stones

• I guess I've calm down now. I guess I'll just leave this thread here to see what everyone thinks of the upgrade system and see what they think should change.

dangerlord.png

Jr Master of FusionFall

• More kill = more chances of dropping stones. There is no special trick to this. If you kill more mobs faster and without sitting you will have more chances of dropping stones.

Why? So everyone can go PVP with +15 stuff after 2 hours of farming? +15 is supposed to be very rare its not easy to get. And upgrading system is pure luck. It doesnt depends on which card select. You may go all the way +15 without getting broken or get 10 brokens in a row. It all comes to %.

Edit: You said started on +14 and ended on +3 or 4. At +14 you shouldnt try to upgrade it. You should use downgrade stones to make the item +12 then use advanced stone on it so you can have more chance of upgrading it.

Meh, it's cool. I can live with the upgrade system, I just don't like how much it costs.

• Well well well, i farmed for 6 hours yesterday and I got 3 green and 5 whites, I used it on my pants, broken, use another, broken and now I use the last one broken.

And I bought 2 more green, one failed and the other... broken. So pretty much. I got ripped off of my zeni and I lost 6 hours for nothing except putting my pants down to +3.

You should not have this many broken a like I did so here is my suggestion. Actually increase the chance of success. Because if this is the BS I have to put up with now because upgrade can’t function fairly. Then no point even farming in the first place except for zeni.

Been there, done that. Smh.

• This whole complaint is just childish frustration. You are playing the wrong kind of game if you want all the good gear just handed to you after some days of farming. Do you know why there is the notification in the game when someone gets +12 or higher? Because its supposed to be rare and an achievement. Stop acting like it is expected to have perfect gear and everybody should just get it to make it "fair". If we just give everybody perfect gear there is nothing to do in the game. The upgrade system is already easier than it was before because broken doesnt actually destroy your item anymore. The dedicated players have their gear finished after like 1 month after the cap. That is too fast and a minority of the playerbase was suggesting to bring broken back because of that. The easier we make getting gear the faster players will leave because there is nothing left except budokai. And of course everybody understands how frustrating upgrade rng can be but grinding is an essential part of any mmorp. There are always so many of these threads of ftp players crying about cashers and how hard it is to get anywhere but they dont understand that the game would be dead in an instant if it was otherwise. Try thinking about what kind of game you are playing. If you dont like grinding try dark souls or monster hunter or any game like that where you get your stuff after just some days.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!