Pre-Open Beta FAQ

• I'd actually like to get one of those stones xD
    I like questing and all but I already find a real pain in the ass every 1-30 in all 3 races xD

• how does instant leveling make it boring? you still have another 40 levels to go lmao.
    it gives us less work and skips us straight to the fun part. if you dont see fun inthat, then wow.

everybody makes it Clear that they want to cheat. maby you don't realise it but it is cheating. yes i know the beginner quests is a kinda pain in the ass but if you wanna be able to tell yourself in the end "good work man, you did everything legit" then don't use a stupid stone lmao

• whats the point of playing the god damn game if you just wanna Instant Level?

The stone is probably in-game for the old TW/KR server players like myself since having to go from lvl cap to 0 and back is far too tedious. Especially when the lvl 20-30 climb is so dramatically slow. It's like going to load up a save from from a game with 130+ hours of gameplay and having it erased. Like the Shin Megami Tensei: Persona series for example. It's a JRPG with a deep story and a lively world filled with unique characters that are fully fleshed out. Being a JRPG Persona does have a lot of grinding and lvling involved and to hit max lvl cap your gonna need to spend at least 80+ hours doing nothing but fighting assuming you don't run out of stamina first. Now imaging doing that and having your data just erased... I don't know about you but I would look for as many possible ways to recover that say or at least shortcut back to the point I was at as I don't feel like busting my ass again to reach the point I'd gotten too I just put too much time and effort into it to start from scratch again.

• everybody makes it Clear that they want to cheat. maby you don't realise it but it is cheating. yes i know the beginner quests is a kinda pain in the ass but if you wanna be able to tell yourself in the end "good work man, you did everything legit" then don't use a stupid stone lmao

yep i agree with you on this one,worst idea that came to mmos after microtransactions is any token,stone or item that lets you bypass leveling.

but then again the current gaming generation has changed alot since i started playing mmos and ive been playing them since 1997 when ultima online came out so yeah ive seen and experienced a lot.
    shame it had to come to this,a lot of mmos these days apart from paying a sub make you gamble your real money away on items that you want when before you could just get them if you farmed or grinded hard enough but the younger crowd just wants instant gratification and the mmo developers have realised that by releasing items for real money they can greatly increase their income.

wish more sandbox mmos would come out but truth be told the younger gaming crowd just doesnt have the right mindset to play them,ill use the lego analogy so maybe you can understand.

years ago you could buy a bucket filled with lego pieces,it was up to you and your imagination to build whatever you wanted,but these days all you can get is a little box so you can build whatever they want you to,they get a famous ip like star wars for example and then sell a ship a tie fighter for example.
    you cant really build anything else that isnt a tie fighter because the pieces you get in the box are the exact number of pieces you need to build that particular ship so once you build it you're done.

same with mmos,in this analogy the tie fighter box is theme park mmos and the bucket with pieces of lego is a sandbox mmo.
    with theme park mmos you're like a donkey following a carrot on a stick,level up,reach level cap,dungeons then raids wam bam thank you maam you all done.

sandbox mmos on the other hand let you do whatever you want,take swg for example,you could level just by crafting,you could become a tailor,creature handler or just a doctor that buffed other players for money and the list goes on and on,you made your own story instead of doing the same thing that the other 5.000 players were doing...

younger crowd of mmo players dont like sandbox mmos,takes to much effort to play them,they just want a carrot in front of them so they can follow it and not get lost ''sigh''

• Please refrain from going off-topic in this thread. If you want to argue, do it in the chat.

There are currently no news about LV33 Stone which if I may add, was part of an event in TW (as far as I remember) and it was mailed for free to every new character, so I don't see how this was P2W back then. It was just a simple way to attract people.
    You have to stop bashing the server before we move to Open Beta where the changes will be permanent.. If you can't deal with how the server is working right now, well, the suggestions thread is down there.

• I didn't know where to ask this so I figured here would be a good spot. *ahem* With the Flight chain quests set to appear in the next update, the Flight skills will be removed from Cash Shop. However, what will happen if you still have one in your inventory? Will it be wiped or will you still be able to use it? Asking so I don't end up bugging something out.

• they should make it so if you played the pre open beta and made it to a certain level you'd get one for free on your first created character . buying meh i dont know sounds okay i dont think its that game braking.(talking about the instant level 33 stone).

i have a question for daneos , what is the priority of the stats system in his bug fixing list ?

• Hi guys! I like the game,this is so fun, but i stop palying bcs i dont want to sacrifice to much. The question, when it will close beta server and when it will open up the real BDO? Anyone kno

there is no exact date, but i keep hearing rumors about the game being released around christmas or the upcoming year

• Hi guys! I like the game,this is so fun, but i stop palying bcs i dont want to sacrifice to much. The question, when it will close beta server and when it will open up the real BDO? Anyone know?

Actually you can see this thread is named "Pre Open Beta" FAQ.So what will come first is Open Beta, it's like official release but just in testing phase and no one knows when it'll come but considering UD and TLQ are done i guess couple months left.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!