Hidden stats? Defense rate/Block rate

• As many players know, there are few hidden stats (stats that you cannot check how much of the stat you have got) for example cdr, resistance and succes rate. There are some skills and item's effect that can increase or decrease those stats, nothing new here.

But there are some stats that are not properly explained. There is a "Defense rate" stat ("Defense Up" pasive skill from ultimate majin ,"Defense Breeze" buff from might majins, "Draconic defense" from namek warriors and "Agile armor" from cranes hermits increase this stat and somo other debuffs decrease this stat).

I think is related with the guard pasive skill ("R" key) but not sure how does exactly work. Maybe there is a counter stat hidden (like hit rate vs dodge rate), i am just aware of the rp effect "guard break".
    The dark warrior class has a skill "Dragon's Pledge" that increase "Block rate", this is where all my reasoning fails and i get completely lost.
    Maybe anyone knows how those stats work and what is the difference if there is one.

*The thread is not intended to discuss whether or not the stats work, there will work in the open beta

• Somebody should answer this? I need to know what does the Block Rate, The guard skill is supposed to increase all defenses, and block rate, so, using ''Dragon's Pledge'' is like an automatically guard? I think that blocking turns the received damage into 0 but im not pretty sure about this

• Somebody should answer this? I need to know what does the Block Rate, The guard skill is supposed to increase all defenses, and block rate, so, using ''Dragon's Pledge'' is like an automatically guard? I think that blocking turns the received damage into 0 but im not pretty sure about this

In official DBO, Guard was a useless ******. Here block 100% of attacks. In this way Swordsman Scintillation became useless.

• he means cooldown reduction.

"Tienes cosas que proteger, especialmente porque es un mundo virtual. Aprendí eso de alguien importante.Si cedes a tus impulsos en este mundo, el precio es que cambia tu personalidad en el mundo real. El jugador y el personaje son el mismo. "
    sdasdl10.jpg

• What do you mean cooldown? You can see each individual skill's cooldown already. Not sure what you mean.

I mean current cooldown example in my old karma i had 26-25 cd earrings + 15 plasma buff + 7 glasses effect +8 cd ring + 8 cd ring +2 cd title

so in character status could be a new tab which says

Cooldown reduction: 91
    % Critical P. Damage= 0%
    % Critical E. Damage= 33%
    Success Rate= 250
    Resistance = 100

ETC

• I guess that would be pretty nice. I forgot about the increase in crit damage too. I'd rather have cooldown reduction be in % though, like...most any other game. The number doesn't mean much to me.

• At this day of dbog... the best way duel people is not by stunning them... it is by using RP balls to add extra damage to all your attacks xD
    Honestly... I have a level 25 Namek warrior and I still have yet to lose a duel.
    Do you know how easy it is to win against a human if you can use an attack that does more than 1300 DMG 4 times during the same duel?
    Same with majin, they have about 4 to 5k health around lvl 30 if I am not mistaken, and how I fight them is this way.
    (Use RP) Ultimate Sharp Fist= 1350DMG
    Masenko = 600 DMG
    Mouth Beam = 400 DMG
    Charged Masenko = 750 - 800 Dmg

Total Damage Done by the end of RP balls: 7150
    Even if a Human healed themselves, they would still die.
    If anyone is not dead at the moment... I don't know if they used a Health potion (because that can be the only explanation).
    Back to the main point, no matter how these skills help people, I hope they can lower the abilities of an OP Shadow Knight, because Shadow Knights are easily the best master class in the game. (If you disagree please tell me what you prefer and WHY?)

• Defense Rate - It increase defense against auto attacks. This way mobs, bosses or players who use auto attack will deal less dmg to you.

Dragon's Pledge - If I remember correctly, it use to increase auto attack def as Defense rate and it would give chance to 100% block dmg.
    It can be skill or auto attack but once you see "BLOCKED", you wouldn't get any dmg.
    At lvl5 it was 2140 def, that means around that dmg, it would be blocked.

Soo yeah that is how it was in DBO back then.

• dam B4.DA.$$ that's good to know

Thanks!

Defense Rate - It increase defense against auto attacks. This way mobs, bosses or players who use auto attack will deal less dmg to you.

Dragon's Pledge - If I remember correctly, it use to increase auto attack def as Defense rate and it would give chance to 100% block dmg.
    It can be skill or auto attack but once you see "BLOCKED", you wouldn't get any dmg.
    At lvl5 it was 2140 def, that means around that dmg, it would be blocked.

Soo yeah that is how it was in DBO back then.

Dragon's Pledge is still SO USELESS!
    At max is blocked around 2500DMG... and freaking Dark Warriors have a regular of 13k to 15k health ... so 2.5k is literally northing... Wasting the 5 Skill points when you can use them to make at least 1 attack much better is much more useful.
    You can always but the healing potions. (Not counting the fact that you may also use Great Namekian form which also helps increase your health when cornered)

• Thanks!

Dragon's Pledge is still SO USELESS!At max is blocked around 2500DMG... and freaking Dark Warriors have a regular of 13k to 15k health ... so 2.5k is literally northing... Wasting the 5 Skill points when you can use them to make at least 1 attack much better is much more useful.
    You can always but the healing potions. (Not counting the fact that you may also use Great Namekian form which also helps increase your health when cornered)

I think you are wrong bro, Dragon's pledge it's not an absorbing damage skill, it's not supposed to just absorb or block 2500 dmg and that's all, the skill duration is 1 minute,i think that example; the enemy uses 3 skills and he can block almost 2500 of every one of the 3 skills, also receiving a loooooot of less damage from autoattacks, that is a looooot helpful at tanking tons of mobs. I doubt that an lvl 46 skill just absorbs 2500 damage, knowing that DW got huge HP, they won't make a skill like that. But unfortunately i haven't used it and i dont know anyone neither

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!