DBOG Questions & Answers Official thread

• I also agree that the level cap should not be 70 from the start. I would say 40 for the first week, then raised to 55, 60 and then 70. However, Daneos is probably the only one who can answer this question right now, and still, he might not even know for sure what he's going to decide on that matter yet.

I agree with the level 40 cap, since I suggested it in an earlier post xD, if there is to be a cap since it is the level to get the transformation for whatever race you choose~ Just my two cents again :thumbup:

• 40 cap would be best start but give skill calculators after every cap? And will these pets make a return ? (Some were taken out after pet update and I've never seen that brown cat, thats bulmas dad cat ? Anyway will he be in dbog cause he looks pretty dope I gotta admit)
    W2nFhia.png

• 40 cap would be best start but give skill calculators after every cap? And will these pets make a return ? (Some were taken out after pet update and I've never seen that brown cat, thats bulmas dad cat ? Anyway will he be in dbog cause he looks pretty dope I gotta admit)
    W2nFhia.png

Only ones we never got to see in-game were the smiling panties and the Mr. Popo ghost one. That cat you mentioned was actually given out for free to the majority of players, but I can't remember if we got it on KR or TW.

• but I can't remember if we got it on KR or TW.

It was a gift on TW server..

I also agree that the level cap should not be 70 from the start. I would say 40 for the first week, then raised to 55, 60 and then 70. However, Daneos is probably the only one who can answer this question right now, and still, he might not even know for sure what he's going to decide on that matter yet.

Why redo all the skills and the levels that these skills are learned? If you don't do that the game will be unbalanced as f*ck! Sorry, i think this is lots of wasted time and work! The Team allways have the possibility to block certain maps, like mushroom- porunga south and papaya.. But redo all the skills? Na, no good..
    If you wanna play old DBO style so bad, go download "Daneos Server files 0.60" of course you won't have fly then.. :D
    Well, let's wait and see what team will decide..

• It was a gift on TW server..

Why redo all the skills and the levels that these skills are learned? If you don't do that the game will be unbalanced as f*ck! Sorry, i think this is lots of wasted time and work! The Team allways have the possibility to block certain maps, like mushroom- porunga south and papaya.. But redo all the skills? Na, no good..
    If you wanna play old DBO style so bad, go download "Daneos Server files 0.60" of course you won't have fly then.. :D
    Well, let's wait and see what team will decide..

Don't you think there's a reason every game does this? Also, I was simply stating how I would prefer it and how it would be healthier for the server, not something that is confirmed to happen, so no need to sound so offended. :P

I'm sorry, but I honestly have no idea what you're talking about when you say "redo all the skills and the levels". When level caps are raised, you don't start from level 1 again, so you're not redoing anything.

The reason why I rather there be caps that slowly increase: Anyone who played TW since the beginning, or even anyone with a bit of mmorpg knowledge and common sense, would know that it's important not to rush content on launch and that lower level caps is what they always do. Obviously, there's a reason for that. There's something called "content exhaustion" and the game needs to remain interesting in the long term, while they continue fixing everything, so that they can start adding more content afterwards. In our case, custom content made by DBOG.

So yeah, just because some people only care about rushing to 70 and then going on plat to own lower level newbs or something, doesn't mean that their greedy asses give a good reason to make the cap lvl 70 from the get go. One week isn't even long, at all. But either way, this is just my and many other's general opinion on the matter. Although, some could also want lvl 70 cap for other reasons, and if it does end up being 70 from the start, it's not gonna personally bother me much anyways. ;)

Hope that cleared it up for you~

• "redo all the skills and the levels". When level caps are raised, you don't start from level 1 again, so you're not redoing anything.

I know that you not start from 1 again.. I mean the "skill learn table" lets say at lvl 70 cap you learn a new skill at level 4.. 2nd level of that skill can be learned at Player lvl 7, 3rd level of skill will be learned on level 11.. But on lvl 40 or 50 cap it was totally different! There you learned the skill at lvl 4 ok, but the 2nd skill level you learned not at lvl 7 but lvl 12, and 3rd skill lvl waay later.. go play KR files if you don't remember..
    If you leave "skills lerning table" as it was with lvl 70 cap, but make cap lvl 40 or 50 it will be unbalanced as f**k! I guess it would be funny seeing a lvl 40 human vs a lvl 40 SK or Plas-Ma with lvl 70 "skill learning table" So why all this extra work? Better use time to fix bugs..

The reason why I rather there be caps that slowly increase: Anyone who played TW since the beginning, or even anyone with a bit of mmorpg knowledge and common sense, would know that it's important not to rush content on launch and that lower level caps is what they always do. Obviously, there's a reason for that. There's something called "content exhaustion" and the game needs to remain interesting in the long term, while they continue fixing everything, so that they can start adding more content afterwards. In our case, custom content made by DBOG.

I played TW since beginning.. And things can always be fixed!.. But yeah, lets wait and see what the team wil decide..

Hope that cleared it up for you~

so no need to sound so offended.

I'm not offended.. Not at all..

• You still do sound like it. :whistling:

Anyways, I'm well aware that you can upgrade your skills. It's pretty useless to point that out to anyone.

But yes, it will be unbalanced. The point of reducing level cap for a few days/weeks isn't to make it balanced, since that has nothing to do with the reason why every other game does it. I mean, why worry about the PvP meta at that point in time, when the point of it is to let everything settle in first? Selfishness will not help the project get further. I'm sure you can be smart and understand the reason behind it, after I explained it in my previous post, so no need for me to repeat that.

If you want to talk about bug testing, that's what the Alphas and Closed Beta tests are for. By the time Open Beta gets here, just like in any OBT, the game is supposed to be nearly completely fixed, with only very minor stuff left to change.

You're free to keep complaining about how you think it'll be "unbalanced", or about how it bothers you so much that there's other people who don't agree with you, but in the end, that's not the point of the idea of it, so it won't matter.

I'm also fine with the cap being 70 from the beginning, if you somehow didn't understand that from my last post.

Since neither has anything else to add, please not flood the thread with spam, since this is about answering player questions. If you wish to have a community discussion about this, you're free to create a new thread. ^^

• Anyways, I'm well aware that you can upgrade your skills. It's pretty useless to point that out to anyone.

Lol, you didn't understand me at all! But ok.. Maybe it's my bad English..

I'm also fine with the cap being 70 from the beginning, if you somehow didn't understand that from my last post.

Same here just with lvl 40 or 50(i just said it might result in extra work)..

since this is about answering player questions.

Answer me this please.

Any answer on this DBOG Team? Or are time slip quests working now?

Also, will car speed(normal car) be raised from 10 to x, or will it be possible to buy faster car at dealer..

• Answer me this please.

As you know, I am but a simple moderator. I would love to answer them, but only a dev like Daneos would know how to, since he'll be deciding it. Therefore, we should wait for him or someone who knows to be able to answer them. I'd love to know as well! :D

Though, I can say that asking if anything in the game is fixed yet will probably result in him not bothering to reply, at least most of the times, since you can always check what's fixed at the end of the day (depending on where you live), right here .

As for the glitches where you used dash and went through things (seen especially abused in Dojo battles), I can say that those are things that most likely have be fixed with the 3D modeling of the maps themselves (which you can definitely expect!), rather than with the dash skill.

Hope that helped shed some light in any way and hope that Daneos or someone can soon give you direct confirmations regarding those specific questions.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!