Constant display freezing every 30 or so seconds.

• I've done some searching and also asked on the Discord and I have found no solution.

Tried making the game and launcher an exception through Windows Defender as it's the only antivirus on my computer. And it still freezes up every 30 or so seconds for 1 to 2 seconds.
    Note: Windows Defender isn't even on as I don't use any anti viruses.

I tried the same through Firewall by allowing it through and then after that just turning off the firewall as the Discord suggested.
    Even after doing that, the game still freezes every few seconds... it seemed like it was doing it more frequently actually after turning off the firewall.

Kind of glad the firewall wasn't the issue as in that specific situation I don't feel safe not having my firewall on at all.

What else could cause it to do this? As at times it's starting to get annoying. Especially when it does it near enemies and sometimes I aggro without trying to due to my character is still moving when the screen locks up and it continue moving until an enemy is right in my face due to the enemy as well is still moving while the display froze.

• one thing and might sound bad,but its true,its map network virtualization in real time and i dont speak for ping,the server tries to see where your character is,on an ''x,y'' scale map system,it became worst when they took more measures for exploiters...either we will get other security systems in feature or we need to deal on how it is...

I cant really confirm what im saying ,by confirm i mean i havent spoken with any mods for that,but as i had issues before with hosting mmos, i can tell it looks like that...small proof of that,is you can see, party members in different position than they really are,thats why IT skill aint working properly as well.

• one thing and might sound bad,but its true,its map network virtualization in real time and i dont speak for ping,the server tries to see where your character is,on an ''x,y'' scale map system,it became worst when they took more measures for exploiters...either we will get other security systems in feature or we need to deal on how it is...

I cant really confirm what im saying ,by confirm i mean i havent spoken with any mods for that,but as i had issues before with hosting mmos, i can tell it looks like that...small proof of that,is you can see, party members in different position than they really are,thats why IT skill aint working properly as well.

So you're saying the problem is the game?

• This is nothing about ping, or network delay. I have a very low ping and had this issue too. I played with my Graphic Card Settings that helped alot, i put everything on Performance. And what i noticed, i'm playing on a 48 CM TV, when i play at full screen it starts to lagg a bit, i think DBO cant handle it. So play in a low resolution possible to go smooth. You can also try GameBooster mabe that would help.

• So you're saying the problem is the game?

yes its the game.

With a combination of win 10 OS,as for win 7 OS its quite better,but some issues apply there too,its a network issue,packet counting mainly, but not client side,dont forget that there are still exploiters,bugs and unsolved codes,its common to be like that,Daneos might be a professional coder,but the game is not being handled professionally,its a team of one...

• Maybe ur gpu died or whatever try to run another game and see what happens.

Um no.
    Guild Wars 2 on the highest settings. Perfectly fine.
    Phantasy Star Online 2 on the highest settings. Perfectly fine.
    Aion.
    As for offline games like Fallout 4, Saints Row IV, etc etc etc, perfectly fine.

There is no way DBOG should do worse. Whether on high or low settings.
    Whether on windowed (Which is usually how I play my games... except for PSO2 which I play on Virtual Full screen) or on full screen.

So no GPU has died.

• If you have windows 10 then you for sure have windows defender

Which was turned off by the end of the first day as it was deleting my files it deemed as threats or viruses that I've been using since 2008 or earlier.

So technically I don't have an antivirus. At least turned on.

Even then though while turned off, I added it to the Defender whitelist/exception long before I made this topic.

Actually, I mentioned that specifically in the 1st post.

• The only other reasons I can think of as to why you are experiencing the constant freezing could be due to multiple applications which are open at the same time (in the background), or it could also be a problem with resolution settings. Try running the game in windowed mode and try changing your settings in game. Unfortunately I'm not sure if these suggestions are guaranteed solutions for you but other players who have experienced this problem in the past did try adjusting their settings accordingly and were able to fix this problem.

• The only other reasons I can think of as to why you are experiencing the constant freezing could be due to multiple applications which are open at the same time (in the background), or it could also be a problem with resolution settings. Try running the game in windowed mode and try changing your settings in game. Unfortunately I'm not sure if these suggestions are guaranteed solutions for you but other players who have experienced this problem in the past did try adjusting their settings accordingly and were able to fix this problem.

Would you recommend which resolution I should try? Because I only play games in windowed mode and at the moment set it at...

give me a moment to check... 1600x900.

I've tried again at 1280x720 and it still does it. The lowest I see is 1024x768 and it still does that screen freezing.

The only thing I have up at the moment is chrome, discord, spotify, and the game. The game only uses 1GB of memory and I'm using less than half of it at the moment. I don't see why the game would freeze up like this as it's not as power-hungry as other games I play flawlessly.

• Take a screenshot of your ingame settings and I will see if there is anything wrong with them. Also if possible take a video so we can see first hand how bad the freezing is. Most of the time windows 10 users do experience these problems so I want to try find a solution so that the game is playable for them. My brother runs windows 10 and is able to run this game perfectly fine and without any issues, and because I don't run windows 10 myself it's hard to identify and pinpoint what exactly is the issue for these players.

Window's defender as Daneos mentioned is usually a cause that does impose a detriment while running the game for players who run windows 10, which was why it was suggested that could be a issue (which in most cases it is) but for you it seems to be a different cause.

If I can't see anything wrong with your settings you might have to potentially reinstall.

• 04ede7ec0d.png

81a52140ab.png

716e58f9c7.png

09b5b272cb.png

Did 2 random videos so far which shows it randomly happens occasionally:

1st time in this video is around 1:03

The 1st time it happens in this video is at 23 seconds for this video.

When you say reinstall, you mean unzipping? Because the version I downloaded had nothing to install. It just unzipped from the 7zip file and made a folder.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!