Dragon Ball Online vs. Dragon Ball Xenoverse series

• Dragon Ball online is the cause for xenoverse but still what do you all think which one is better I think xenoverse because there no hard quest and has budokai tenkaichi battle system and moves can be done without button combos, it has colourable costumes and needs no real life money and it can also go online but for 2-3 hours and needs no moves like spirited roar and just has the best main moves and now even super saiyan 3 and no classes or race difference for moves except for transformations and build making is very easy and better by no skill points just the main basic attacks, heal ki blast and strike supers and ki and stamina and no rp thing for some energy attacks and now transformations(except kaioken) last until KO and revival is better but still can be done again.
    Thanks to read
    Subscribe me on youtube for to see dragon ball what ifs, gameplays and theories and super episode preview predictions!
    youtube.com/channel/UCdwqiPTNfpjJI3thM4Ycerw

• It's just like Mike said.
    They are different kind of games, you can't really compared them imo.

Xenoverse is a casual (not competitive) fighting game with some RPG features, just some. The type of game you grab and play from time to time with friends. The only reason I bought XV1 is because I loved DBO and wanted to see what the story would end up being. That's why I didn't buy XV2, it's just pointless. Same game, might aswell have been an update to XV1.

On the other hand, DBO was/is an MMORPG, something completely different than a casual fighting game.

You can only say which one you liked better.
    If I gotta be honest, I think I liked XV better than DBO. DBO is such a flawed game, I love it, but it really isn't that good of a game (not to mention it's another p2w one xD).

• You haven't yet played maplestory eh?

• DBO. No need to add more.

If they actually put aside this joke of a 300 meter ''open world'' hub aside, and make a true OPEN WORLD like DBO, with upgraded graphics similar to the Dragon Ball FighterZ' ones, with an actually good story that doesn't look written by a kid in one of it's bad fan-fiction attacks but also doesn't all just take place in the original story we saw all the time, has a good combat system with flying and all that stuff, and with online servers with thousands of players running and interacting at the same time all around the world, THEN it will catch my attention away from DBO. That's my ideal Dragon Ball game, actually, the game of my dreams, and basically, DBO 2.

I know it sounds hard to do, but if nobody tried just because something is too hard, we'd never get lots of masterpieces we now have. For now it's just a dream but I can only hope they do something like this in a future, just imagine walking around in some forest, you bump with someone that challenges to a duel, and if you accept, the fight starts right there, no invisible walls (at least not in the continents), no limits (unless you set them), the entire world is your battleground, and the fight could take you from something like Kokkara to the freaking Mushroom Rocks, who knows.

Actually, I recently saw some gameplay of how the flying combat was going to work in DBO, and let me tell you, even though it looked a little glitchy, it was already amazing, made my mouth drop, and it's incredible how dynamic it is compared to what most of us ever saw, it's the closest I've seen to my ideal DB game. If that concept was added and polished into what we know... OH GOD

And about XV, to me it was my biggest dissapointment since DBO's shutdown, and XV2 too, way too different from what I expected, and also bad, even as a fighting game it was very regular and it didn't look like Dragon Ball to me, just all plastic and oil, and let's not even talk about what they did to the only concept they took from DBO's story, they just took it, and in my opinion, ruined it, barely expanding on anything more than how far into the series' story it goes, and I bought it expecting to see how the story of DBO would've been if it continued, but I saw none of that. In little words, I'm not in good terms with the game.

• if I had to chose I chose xenoverse right now over the current progress of dbog, just because theres less op items that make a mess of the current game. all systems are working in xenoverse,

but when dbog is finished and has class balance hell yea dbog will be my choice its just not my choice right now

• I would say a mix of having the following would be the best:

• Being able to play offline/online mode: If there are maintenances/connection errors you can play the game offline and folow the original story mode or play with your friends locally.
    • Having an immense open world: Having the open world like in budokai 3 or budokai tenkaichi 2 filled with easter eggs and special events that can only be found if you explore the open world. These special events can hold group fights or special rewards. Of course this can be done with more then just holding it to earth alone.

• Being able to choose between Evil/good mode: Just like DBZ supersonic warriors (GBA game) you had the possibility to play every diffrent character role to where the main story will be based upon, if you chose a villain/evil character, you will need to anihalite every defender/protector for all that is good. This can easily be added with a faction system. Choosing a side can get you diffrent buffs/items/skills/gear/special characters.
    • Storlyline/gameplay: Of course, these 2 subjects are always the most crucial ones for a game to be succesfull and appealing to everyone. The story should have more variaty (perhaps such as evil/good storyline) and an actual impact on the world you play in. As for gameplay I would rather want to see more skill involved than spamming a button a few times to win. Like in budokai 3 you had to be very skilled to win, as for button mashing will always lose you the game.
  • It still doesn't require any skill whatsoever ...

If you think it does then I kinda feel sorry for you in a combo based game XD

Memorizing the buttons for certain combo attacks and all that good shit.

Mastering various characters with different button combinations.

THAT, requires skill :D

• lol have you even played the game? Every character has different combo strings. Using super skills you can make an infinite amount of unique combos.

•  

lol have you even played the game? Every character has different combo strings. Using super skills you can make an infinite amount of unique combos.

Buttons are all still the same ... that's my point.

In a game that requires skill and lets you use combos you have characters with different button combinations to make certain attacks. It's not just LT + something and you can do this or that with EVERY character '-'

I remember playing some DB game at my friends house where you had to press a ton of buttons to do one damn attack XD

THAT was epic. Was never able to win against that lil shit but it was super easy to knock him out in Xenoverse XD

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!