Balance Thread: PVE Edition

• I just think DW's or tanks shouldnt need to build so much focus and succes and hit rate just for dungeons. They should build con and lp % regen, they are tanks. So they can have a huge LP pool. Or mobs dodge gets reduced, I find useless getting a whole costly gear just to kill mobs.

That's because of aggro. As you may know, your party is almost dead in some cases if you miss landing taunt on boss and mobs. That's why I and some other people are talking about hit/success rate.

• Maybe an alternative would be a 100% success taunt

That's just too easy, I doubt it's possible, but DW needs a skill like SK's "Dragon's Will". It increases how much aggro you get. Also "Disastrous Blow", looks pretty pro but the stats on it are too low and such a high CD maybe like "Attack speed decreased by 90%" so incase you miss a taunt, boss won't be able to attack much and it has only a 30 second duration and 2 min CD so you can't abuse it. Class buffs need to get more creative like that or this game will forever be (atleast 70 cap) SoEasyABabyCanDoIt Online.

• That's just too easy, I doubt it's possible, but DW needs a skill like SK's "Dragon's Will". It increases how much aggro you get. Also "Disastrous Blow", looks pretty pro but the stats on it are too low and such a high CD maybe like "Attack speed decreased by 90%" so incase you miss a taunt, boss won't be able to attack much and it has only a 30 second duration and 2 min CD so you can't abuse it. Class buffs need to get more creative like that or this game will forever be (atleast 70 cap) SoEasyABabyCanDoIt Online

As for D. Blow, you can actually spam it even now. The problem is, of course, that you can hardly land it on some bosses like F60/70's.

• As for D. Blow, you can actually spam it even now. The problem is, of course, that you can hardly land it on some bosses like F60/70's.

DW base FOC:80 SK Base FOC: 96 Dende Base FOC:104 Poko Base FOC: 80, Thing is poko stun has very low cd so if he miss it no problem and he is atk speed user so low base foc and success no issue. So its simple increase the Base FOC on DW and its all good.

• Actually... now that I think of it... it would be a very viable buff to give DWs a 100% success taunt. It will make them the ultimate PvE Tank.

Powerful Roar with 100% success... once you think about it, they will still be as bad as they are in PvP, leaving SK to take over that Section of the tanks, while DW will take the PvE scene.

In my opinion that's the best possible buff they can get. I'll leave you to think about it.

Yes ... it is a bit OP... but that's about it! that's the only thing that will set them superior to SKs in PvE.

• Actually... now that I think of it... it would be a very viable buff to give DWs a 100% success taunt. It will make them the ultimate PvE Tank.

Powerful Roar with 100% success... once you think about it, they will still be as bad as they are in PvP, leaving SK to take over that Section of the tanks, while DW will take the PvE scene.

In my opinion that's the best possible buff they can get. I'll leave you to think about it.

Yes ... it is a bit OP... but that's about it! that's the only thing that will set them superior to SKs in PvE.

I find it a good suggestion. Ironically, however, I still want some thrill for playing DW. Am I a masochist? XD

And that's the problem with dbo, all the good classes have something broken about them and that's where the imbalance stems from and its what makes the game really easy. It's very very lazy way of balance. Also just taunting and tanking everything while spamming AoEs takes no thinking at all and you say "its a bit OP but thats about it" well isnt that the only problem

with imbalance? Giving them more FOC than a SK is the first step of buffing DW and we can all agree on that.

• And that's the problem with dbo, all the good classes have something broken about them and that's where the imbalance stems from and its what makes the game really easy. It's very very lazy way of balance. Also just taunting and tanking everything while spamming AoEs takes no thinking at all and you say "its a bit OP but thats about it" well isnt that the only problem

with imbalance? Giving them more FOC than a SK is the first step of buffing DW and we can all agree on that.

Well to be honest... if every class has one thing broken about them... then you'd need everything to have 1 broken thing... that's the only good thing DWs will have.

TBH... as a class... no one will pick DW... 0% of people knowledgeable will pick them up in Open Beta if they stay as they are... the only 2 reasons I chose them were because my friend dared me to and I also wanted to test if they can actually come close to being "viable".

95% of everything in the game takes no thinking :/

Obviously I agree with the last part since I already suggested that

• Well to be honest... if every class has one thing broken about them... then you'd need everything to have 1 broken thing... that's the only good thing DWs will have.

Well no, again that's just lazy, lots of classes need to be reworked on atleast for 70 cap of course. And yeah 95% of the game takes no thinking because classes have broken aspects about them. If we continue with that formula most players will quit in 70 cap just like before. You want to repeat history?

You think a fighter in 50 cap will just be able to start with a needle and 1 shot a namek or even a human? No, he'll have to stun first. You think baby crys will be able to stack max speed on weapons and right click everything in 50 cap? No, and that's because certain skills in master class skill tree become too broken when maxed and the level 70 gear as well. This is why props was nerfed because you could get a huge amount of it as a lvl 70. Dbo does take skill you'll just have to wait for open beta and see for yourself.

• Ouuuu I see cranes <3....IMO they are pretty good as they are...I think lost in time together with 5 lvl 70 cap skills would cause too much crying from other players...but a minor buff for pve would be nice actually...

So while typing this an idea came to me...I do think its too OP, but you guys can work out how to make this suitable...a skill like the poko "can't be targeted" skill....that would make endgame PvE a lot easier (I only had UD3 hard spamming on my mind xD) maybe a major duration decrease to it or something...you guys give input

Only known problem would be during solo the skill would cause mobs to leave combat...so idk

• When I said "besides Lost in Time," I actually meant excluding it. Guess I should have been clearer.

And I don't find the idea of a skill that removes aggro away like in Poko tree a good idea. Only reason Pokos have it in the first place is because they're kinda supposed to utilize their pets.

• What are everyone's opinions on the wish transformations for PvE since that's where they have the biggest use. Me, personally, would like to see Great Namek with a longer duration (maybe 20 minutes?).

Personally, I think Giant Namek duration should be either increased to 30 minutes or let there be no duration at all.

It's just useless and it has way too many drawbacks instead of making the form a viable one.

SSJ needs a bit of a boosting or maybe some stat changes here and there that I personally don't want to discuss here (because everyone has their own idea of it)

Pure Form is good as it is

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!