Upgrade System

• I believe that @Viciouss 's idea isn't that bad, but it requires constant greeding and some people don't have the time to do that. + We should try to make the game go forward, not bring it back to it's starting stage. It also removes a great aspect of the game, which is the stress of upgrading your gear and hoping that it will not fail or break (return to 0). So I disagree in that matter.

• toxic?ahahahahahahahah
    i got my idea,we are in 2016 and this is a crappy f2p formula,i think endless grinding is boaring,but i dont bother too much anyway,xenoverse 2 soon and a server with better rate will open soon or leater.i played a lot on original relase,i already spended my time and my money on this fucking gambling system,and like me other ppl that arent even on forum yet.it's not about reasoniing it's about that downgrade is a demotivational,unuseful thing maked for make ppl buy stones with cash shop,like i say before a friend of mine spend 800 dollars for make a +15 pole
    and stones wheren't easy to drop,i botted 24h24 for have zeni and i get dropped 5-6 per month(pure U70)

I totally disagree with you;.. as long as the item breaking is not there, and we will keep our items then there is no reason to quitrage at all..
    We can always try to grind for normal stones like what Kirito said and obviously you have to collect quite a lot before even attempting so that you don't get fed up fast..

By the way if the white stones are implemented in the token shop, then this would be great news for players.

• remove stress is better,personally if something stress me means that isnt fun.like i say before if i need gamblke with a system like this i will do it just for real money not for a game.and the time,atleast you will invest time on something that will be there and not something that you can lose it...think that you have a sword +14 and you get break card,after u spended 50 euros and 1 year of grinding and try,your item is like was 1 year ago,with that 50 euros you could buy another game.you are happy now?you find it funny to have wasted 1 year+50 euros?think about this

• remove stress is better,personally if something stress me means that isnt fun.like i say before if i need gamblke with a system like this i will do it just for real money not for a game.and the time,atleast you will invest time on something that will be there and not something that you can lose it...think that you have a sword +14 and you get break card,after u spended 50 euros and 1 year of grinding and try,your item is like was 1 year ago,with that 50 euros you could buy another game.you are happy now?you find it funny to have wasted 1 year+50 euros?think about this

Unfortunately, your logic is flawed because you are assuming that stones are hard to get. I have tested the upgrades in the dev server 2 days ago and, while it can take several tries, it's definitely doable in a fair amount of time with white stones. +15 isn't that high of a number and MMORPGs are games with long-term goals. So, when you get that endgame item to +15 after farming 20-30 white stones (or buying them with Zeni, since they'll be cheaper), you'll get to keep it forever. If you're not used to what MMORPGs are usually like, I suggest you try a different genre then (or a server with easier and casual "fun" rates). Hope that helped explain a bit better what the rest of us were trying to say.

Cheers.

• we will see...i still thinking downgrade is a stupid thing,will be better other methods(more stones or item dropped from dunegons).Dude i was one of best kr players,and u think i m not knowing mmorpgs?funny XD

It's nice that you played in KR. I was there too, went through the best guilds and never heard of your name, to be honest. Well, that doesn't matter anyway. The point is that we've been all fighting in this thread for a non-p2w system, where items wouldn't break, while avoiding it to become "too" easy, since a lot of people also want a challenge and to keep +15 something to be earned. We finally got the item break to be removed and then Daneos made those rates based on how the majority here reacted/replied. Maybe a tiny bit easier rates wouldn't hurt, but too much would make upgrading a joke.

The system right now, after being tested, seems fair enough. Depending on how it goes, if it ends up not working out well and being too unfair, then it will be adjusted again in the future. We're still not even in Open Beta yet, so there's still a lot more things to add and change until then.

• i still think upgrade system is pure trash and maked only for waste money after i try new rates,can't get past +8 with 10 stones pure,so well i was right,like i was guessing ;)

Because, again, you're supposed to use white stones at that point. If they didn't exist or were hard to get like the original, then it would be p2w for sure, but since we're supposedly going to be able to get them from drops, then that changes everything. You're going to have to wait until you're able to farm them.

• Because, again, you're supposed to use white stones at that point. If they didn't exist or were hard to get like the original, then it would be p2w for sure, but since we're supposedly going to be able to get them from drops, then that changes everything. You're going to have to wait until you're able to farm them.

thats good , i dont think that the upgrading system should be that hard since cashers will still have a big advantage over non cashers since they can try more . if it will be really hard to make something level 70 +15 when someone does that either because he is extremely lucky or a huge casher or even both he will have such a huge advantage that people with less luck will have really no chance against him, im thinking maybe make it so its easier to get to +12 i guess but more than that will be kinda hard so people with +15 will be stronger then the averave +12 but not game breaking strong . dont get me wrong getting +12 will still cost a lot of money but atleast you will be rewarded for using so much money.

• hey, nice to hear your working on the upgrade system.

the good thing on the actual system is that its really hard to make your stuff +15, on the other side the fail rate is frustrating and its too much based on luck playing much should be more rewarded.
    i think +15 is not a good number for the highest upgrade
    the problem is if you increase the succes rate its gonna be to easy and everybody get +15 in short time,
    if you dont increase it its pur luck and people may fail 100 times in a row thats bad too.
    i hope you like my idea.

increase the max upgrade from 15 to 75
    decrease the upgrade effect to 20% of the actual amount
    rate 1-15=100% 16-50 = 50% 51-75= 33,33%

Break:No Fail=still -1/white stone protect the downgrade.
    there could also be a middle way like 30-40 max upgrades with adjusted upgrade effect

with that changes its still a big challenge to get your upgrades but less frustrating succes rate farming days/weeks without any progress feels bad, that way we can have a little progress every day playing.
    i would also disable blackstone drops and make them available on a vendor/ purple/green stones give + 2-3 on succes
    in that case stone droprate should get a little buff too but not much.

edit*
    didnt notice this thread is from 2015 :D if you still care to change it i would like to hear how you think about that idea.

• what he could do is replace the "broken" with another "failed"

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!