Add Brown Boxes to Cash Shop

• Perhaps removing the incredibly useless stats from the game would be the way to go at it.

The randomness of crafting is somewhat similar to the randomness of Boxing, they both revolve around the exact same concept. I crafted a Max Defense Rate Rare level 55 armor and a very high Energy Defense level 55 rare armor. That is incredibly stupid in my opinion, no one uses those stats, they may as well stop existing. I have yet to see someone upgrading a defense rate jacket or even wearing one to begin with... only reason I can think of doing that would be to troll.

Here is a list of those stats:

- "Increases LP/EP regeneration by X" (Mini version of "I can sit on the ground and recover" ?)
    - "X LP/EP recovered when you are hit" (Baby LP and EP % regen)

- "Increases Defense Rate by X" You clearly negated all effects that this could do, and either way no one even uses it.

- "Increases max LP/EP by X" You have Con and Eng for that reason.

- "X Poison/Abdominal/Bleeding/Burn Defense" No one will ever wear those when you have % Duration decrease on those exact same stats.

- "Increases Dodge rate by X" On weapons and Sub-weapons? I honestly don't know what to think about that...

- "Increase Energy/Physical Attack by X" Why even add this when you have SOL and STR?

- "Increase Energy/Physical Defense by X" That's on armor, that's why you upgrade your armor... why does this exist?

- "Increases resistance to EFFECT by X%" A less effective version of the % duration decrease, but I won't be mad if they stick around, I don't dislike them, they're just there.

I think I got all of them.

Point is, these stats are either super useless or have been replaced by better versions of those stats and, yet, they still exist. If those stats are removed, this whole "I wasted 100 boxes on my armor and got 92 Poison defense" crap will never happen again. That's a better way to go around complaining about boxes, they're good, nothing is wrong with them; it's just the existence of trashy stats that frustrates players because you keep stumbling on them.

They randomly give you stats out of like a total of around 40 stats, 17 of those being completely worthless, and another 3-4 being very underwhelming to get (Like Energy). What do you expect to happen? 100 boxes to get a high stat out of 40 stats? Of course you'll get butt hurt...

• If casher cannot get 25 dex with 500 boxes, imagine how many Devil Quests or zenni farm need regular player to get cool effect... not even worth to play and try.

This is the Out-of-the-box thinking that DBO needs!

While we do this, can we buff stats that can actually be useful? eg. Burn Defence/Strength/Soul

• You may dislike the stats, but the reason those stats are their is to give boxing and crafting some variety, without those, people will only make good gear. From a developers point of view, the reason is the game have to be longevity and provide the server with resources to stay alive.

How come you never came up with this reason?

• Per hit L.p. isn' useless when you are solo farming , I actually have a set of that and I prefer it when I'm solo farming over the %L.P. because it heals more than it would because the mobs do a little damage

• lemme just stop you right there. [2: There was a zeni duplication glitch, and while people got banned for it, I doubt nobody got away with it. ] they did get away with it & somehow they were allowed to come back to the game , & oh boy i know a bunch of them

• You may dislike the stats, but the reason those stats are their is to give boxing and crafting some variety, without those, people will only make good gear. From a developers point of view, the reason is the game have to be longevity and provide the server with resources to stay alive.

How come you never came up with this reason?

I already did, the reason they came up with these stats was because they were later replaced by better ones but they decided to keep what they have in place cuz why not. You're bascially telling me that it's better that it is difficult for everyone so the game can be getting more cash, not really sir. 20-30 stats is enough variety, I didn't state ep% eng sol str and such other stats because those will be the variety. What I have in my list are lousy excuses for stats. They are all copies of better stats we already have, which is both trash and inconvenient. I have yet to play a game that has 2 stats that do 1 thing but one being 4 times better. That's why they're stats, there should only be one of them.

As for always getting good stats, that's completely false. Now you gamble on getting probably useful stats rather than completely waste your money on stats that have literally 0 use in the game. Stats like defense rate have no application in the game's mechanics whatsoever atm. That's robbing people in my opinion, idk about yours.

• I already did, the reason they came up with these stats was because they were later replaced by better ones but they decided to keep what they have in place cuz why not. You're bascially telling me that it's better that it is difficult for everyone so the game can be getting more cash, not really sir. 20-30 stats is enough variety, I didn't state ep% eng sol str and such other stats because those will be the variety. What I have in my list are lousy excuses for stats. They are all copies of better stats we already have, which is both trash and inconvenient. I have yet to play a game that has 2 stats that do 1 thing but one being 4 times better. That's why they're stats, there should only be one of them.

As for always getting good stats, that's completely false. Now you gamble on getting probably useful stats rather than completely waste your money on stats that have literally 0 use in the game. Stats like defense rate have no application in the game's mechanics whatsoever atm. That's robbing people in my opinion, idk about yours.

I agree, what were they thinking adding 2 stats with the same purpose, dammit NTL.

But it wont change the fact that despite having pointless stats we still see a huge amount of players walk around with good stats, erasing those stats would make things a lot easier, and imo making the game easier isn't the way to go.

Me for example, I have used less than 10 brown boxes since I started playing, and I can say my gear isn't half bad. Cashers want things fast and easy, thats why cashers will keep spending big amounts of money to get 1 stat where they want it to be. Cashers shouldn't have things any easier than they are right now.

As said by a couple of players in this thread, if we are to add more brown boxes to the game it should be somewhere all players got access to. The whole "F2P players farm money just so they can buy stuff off Cashers while Cashers keep grossing zeni" concept needs to be discussed.

• I already did, the reason they came up with these stats was because they were later replaced by better ones but they decided to keep what they have in place cuz why not. You're bascially telling me that it's better that it is difficult for everyone so the game can be getting more cash, not really sir. 20-30 stats is enough variety, I didn't state ep% eng sol str and such other stats because those will be the variety. What I have in my list are lousy excuses for stats. They are all copies of better stats we already have, which is both trash and inconvenient. I have yet to play a game that has 2 stats that do 1 thing but one being 4 times better. That's why they're stats, there should only be one of them.

I respect your opinion, but I have to say, that NTL intended to keep those stats for variety, and they kept those stats in the game to make it harder for people to get good stats aka prevent making the game easy.

Have you ever done or seen a probability theory?

These stats should be kept in game, reason:

1. Zeni sink

2. Gives a reason to buy gear instead of crafting

3. Makes it harder to get good stats when using a box (People will eventually buy wagu coins and try get more boxes, do to cognitive gambling habits)

4. prevents inflation

5. long lasting goals in game (keeps you going in game, if everything is handed to you, why would you even waste 1 hour in this game)

ok I think i made myself clear

• making it harder to achieve items = zeni sink? I don't know what to say.

Makes buying gear a need? Okay, non cashers.

It won't be as easy as you think it is. I'm starting to think you believe that removing these stats from possibilities makes Brown Boxes = Silver Boxes.

Preventing inflation is the same thing as zeni sinking in the case you're speaking of. Having terrible items is not zeni sink nor preventing inflation... That's why 19-21 con crafted rare armor goes for 10 times the amount a 17 con crafted rare jacket. If we could hit those stats more often, then zeni would sink.

• It actually is kinda working as a zeni sink I dont know if you ever crafted, sounds like you just joined in yesterday.

My statement still stands, the stats should stay as it is.

Btw go work on your guides.

• It actually is kinda working as a zeni sink I dont know if you ever crafted, sounds like you just joined in yesterday

I'm a crafter and I can easily think of a solution - you guys just need to open your minds to the possibilities. Adding a % chance to fail while crafting would retain crafting's usefulness as a Zeni Sink, prevent an overflow of materials from disassembling useless junk so my inventory doesn't get crowded, and also make receiving a good item feel more rewarding without increasing the frequency by a large amount. This in combination with the proposed changes to stats made by Badass can act as a solution to the issues many encounter with brown boxes without the need to add silver boxes or make the game more Pay2Win.

• I'm a crafter and I can easily think of a solution - you guys just need to open your minds to the possibilities. Adding a % chance to fail while crafting would retain crafting's usefulness as a Zeni Sink, prevent an overflow of materials from disassembling useless junk so my inventory doesn't get crowded, and also make receiving a good item feel more rewarding without increasing the frequency by a large amount. This in combination with the proposed changes to stats made by Badass can act as a solution to the issues many encounter with brown boxes without the need to add silver boxes or make the game more Pay2Win.

So you saying that we should remove the useless stats and then make a failsystem when crafting. haha

You still need to disassembling useless junk to even craft, so you basically saying that you want people to disassemble stuff with good stats???

I don't get your logic, that failsystem wont help in the long run people will complain about not having enough crap to destroy.

As for the silver box, we don't need it, the games cash shop stays as it is, trust me only a fool would revert or change how the brown boxes are obtained, people still getting decent amount of boxes and if you put them in cash shop, you basically asking for a dead game.

• I don't want to disassemble items with good stats, but I also don't want to stand at the upgrade merchant and watch my crafting materials increase as I craft more items. If I want more materials, I should have to go farm for it. And this is coming from a Casher AND a Crafter.

And none of the changes I support involve changing how brown boxes work - in fact I stated that if they were implemented then we wouldnt even NEED silver boxes, so people could stop talking about them.

As for people complaining about not having enough crap to destroy, well, that's why farming exists in the first place. As it is now crafting materials are basically worthless but they still sell because people are lazy. If I craft level 50 gear, chances are that I'll gain more materials than I started with by time I'm finished crafting. That's not realistic.

And don't get me started on level 30 gear.... I start crafting that and I end up with 20 stacks of materials to throw away..

• I don't want to disassemble items with good stats, but I also don't want to stand at the upgrade merchant and watch my crafting materials increase as I craft more items. If I want more materials, I should have to go farm for it. And this is coming from a Casher AND a Crafter.

And none of the changes I support involve changing how brown boxes work - in fact I stated that if they were implemented then we wouldnt even NEED silver boxes, so people could stop talking about them.

As for people complaining about not having enough crap to destroy, well, that's why farming exists in the first place. As it is now crafting materials are basically worthless but they still sell because people are lazy. If I craft level 50 gear, chances are that I'll gain more materials than I started with by time I'm finished crafting. That's not realistic.

You don't get it do you? If you remove the useless stats, then the mobs will only drop gear with stats that are good, and if you want better stats you kinda forced to disassemble the item that are already decent enough to get crafting materials. Sorry kid your opinion is shit, same goes for Badass.

BlazingBarrager you high dude?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!