Level CAP ?

• really don't care about transformations atm,

i believe it's better to get a low level cap first, like level 30.

why level 30?

PROS

-> adult quest will become more satisfying to finish. max level -> still got stuff to do.
    -> Budokai (adult) will become more fun and more fascinating to look out for. (no OP pple wich are already lvl 70 fighting level 30+ pple)
    -> TMQ and UD 1 will have a meaning and will be more rewarding since it is the best armour you can get.
    -> you will be able to reset skills with money instead of a skill book (wich only has to be used at lvl 31+). so if you want to test out some skills, or look for a perfect build that fits you, you can.
    -> you will be able to get other classes to max level faster and it wouldn't feel as a grind to get many characters to max level. this will allso be good to see wich class fits you better.
    -> crafted armour will become usefull.
    -> more UD and TMQ runns will be good for the community, people will start to learn what UD and TMQ stands for and what they need to do.

Cons

-> there will only be kaioken availlable at level 30 and no other transformations (super saiyan, pure evil, giant namek will not be availlable yet).
    -> there will be an area restriction.
    PRFp7oW.png
    ->
    every UD and TMQ will be hard and will require a good team to finish. but on the other end, it will be more rewarding once you've gotten an armour piece of the set you always wanted.
    -> content will be less

• I think the TMQ should be couple lvl higher like 40 instead of 38.. makes more sense plus every time i got to the TMQ i was 1 or 2 lvls too high.. shouldnt get punished for wanting to do more quests. i get the pick a choose method makes it more interesting and maybe its just cuz i was trying to find bugs so i was doing every quest i could find but i think main things like this should be accessible for everyone and with the amount of quests its easy to get lost and sideracked or end up no where near the TMQ.

Maybe just advertise it a bit more or something. I never played original this is my first time playing so never really knew what they did. Maybe make the cap something obvious? so you know when your getting close to cap you'd go grind a bit. like lvl 30, 40, 50.. even numbers.. 38 is just random and someone if going to think ok well the last one was 30 so next will be 40.. but then your 2 lvls over.. doesnt seem fair.. just my opinion.

• Why is this even a debate?! Why the hell would anyone want to lower the level cap from 70?! People keep suggestng that people will stick around after they reach the lower level cap (50-55) And stick around for local pvp... how would getting to level 70 change that?! The moment I'd reach the level cap if it were 55, Why the hell would I keep playing? I'd have the best gear, my transformation, etc etc. PVP wouldn't be different, if anything it would be more restricted! But holy crap, I fail to recognize how lowering the level limit would somehow increase playtime! It's a paradox; It's an oxymoron! Keeping the original level limit would allow everyone to play/enjoy the finished experience, and not limit themselves to lower-level boring zones..

Lowering the level limit wouldn't change that! It's like if the Current WOW server god shut down, and the only private servers were the original vanilla version...! Why would anyone play the crappy version with less gear/armor/world to explore?! Why bother recreating the entire game if you're just gonna limit yourself to one segment of it?! It makes no sense! It's irrational! And It pisses me off how people would much rather restrict what was otherwise a perfect game for some arbitrary (and erroneous) reason!

In summation: IT's irrational to believe that lowering the level limit would somehow increase the experience, It's absurd to believe that the team has been working so hard to bring back the original game, and now people are complaining about it (REALLY?!), and why the hell would anyone want to keep playing after they've reached the level cap besides pvp/dungeons/Best gear?! Changing the level limit wouldn't alter this: It would only serve to lessen the time until this happens!

• Por que isso é mesmo um debate ?! Por que diabos alguém iria querer diminuir o nível máximo de 70 ?! As pessoas continuam suggestng que as pessoas vão ficar por aqui depois de atingirem o nível máximo inferior (50-55) E ficar por pvp locais ... como chegar a alteração do nível de 70 que ?! No momento em que eu chegar ao nível máximo se fosse 55, Por que diabos eu iria continuar a jogar? Eu teria o melhor equipamento, a minha transformação, etc etc PVP não seria diferente, se alguma coisa seria mais restrito! Mas caramba, eu não reconhecem como a redução do limite de nível, de alguma forma aumentar playtime! É um paradoxo; É um paradoxo! Manter o limite de nível original permitiria que todos possam jogar / aproveitar a experiência terminou, e não limitar-se a zonas chatas de nível inferior ..

A redução do limite de nível não mudaria isso! É como se o WOW deus servidor atual desligado, e os únicos servidores privados estavam a versão original de baunilha ...! Por que alguém iria jogar a versão de baixa qualidade com menos engrenagem / armadura / mundo para explorar ?! Por que se preocupar recriando o jogo inteiro, se você está apenas vai limitar-se a um segmento dela ?! Isso não faz sentido! É irracional! E Isso me irrita como as pessoas seria muito melhor restringir o que foi um jogo perfeito para alguma razão arbitrária (e errada)!

Em suma: É irracional acreditar que a redução do limite de nível, de alguma forma aumentar a experiência, é absurdo acreditar que a equipe tem trabalhado tão duro para trazer de volta o jogo original, e agora as pessoas estão reclamando sobre isso (REALMENTE ?!), e por que diabos alguém iria querer continuar a jogar depois de terem atingido o nível máximo, além de pvp / masmorras / Melhor engrenagem ?! Alterar o limite de nível não alteraria esta: É só serviria para diminuir o tempo até que isso aconteça!

read the post before questioning, and accept the opinions of others, that's your opinion, ok, but accept the other as everyone accepts your read and then give your opinion.

• I personally think 30 is too low. The pros of this aren't that appealing and the cons just make this a no go. People don't need the cap to be 30 in order to learn how to do TMQ and UD they can learn those when they get to them. Even veteran players were new once, the new generation can figure it out too, they can also refer to the forum. I agree that 30 is not difficult to get to and I, personally, get tired of Korin really fast and would hate to be limited to what is only the second map in the game. You also unlock your master class at 30 but you wouldn't be able to explore that class at all. Honestly, I think the cap is fine at 70 for now. Even at 50-55 temporarily but I wouldn't want it there for too long. The reason the cap was so low then was because they didn't have any other content available. We have the content for 70 available at this time so why take it away? Even if the cap was 55, that would mean Porunga Rock South and Papaya Island would be off limits. They'd be too difficult and there wouldn't be any reason to go there anyway. Just seems counterproductive.

• More lv caps = Longer live for the game = Different strategies = Different dungeon spam for items for each lv cap.

And of course, gm can set exp balanced to reach lv 55 in the same time you can reach lv 70... In mmo's when the lv cap is hard to reach because of the updates, they fix exp and make it easier to get... The problem of dbo was the lack of updates.. Many people was bored to do always the same cc150 and bid4... And since won t be so easy get an update for a PRIVATE server soon, it should be a good system have more lv cap each 6 months for example... To give more time to devs to TRY to add some new cool content, before that people quits the game..

• Whatever the reasons people may have for their preference and whatever level we end up starting with, it's all good in my book.

Unfortunately though, some people seem to be skipping everything and not reading before posting themselves. Not to mention that there's no need to be upset at their opinions. Also, I'll say this again.

If there is a problem with the server and another critical bug is found, Daneos would probably have to rollback and you'd lose all those extra levels.

I don't mind starting off at 70 cap, but just hope things don't take a turn for the worst.

• Well i never reached level 70 at all, i never did pve at all in this game when it was available in TW or HK, i think making a lower level cap would improve gameplay experiencie, making new players like me, understand stats, how they work, what you must focus on and so on, when i was leveling my turtle, it was a completely mess up because i didn't even know what to focus on xD... hope they start with a low level cap, so we can do things till that while they work to get done higher level areas, making the release date sooner aswell.

• @ethanvolcano21 Enough reasoning has already been presented. Anyways, you seem to think that starting off with a lower level cap means keeping it forever.

lol

No, Of course not, and I'm well aware of what you guy're suggesting.

Well i never reached level 70 at all, i never did pve at all in this game when it was available in TW or HK, i think making a lower level cap would improve gameplay experiencie, making new players like me, understand stats, how they work, what you must focus on and so on, when i was leveling my turtle, it was a completely mess up because i didn't even know what to focus on xD... hope they start with a low level cap, so we can do things till that while they work to get done higher level areas, making the release date sooner aswell.

So because you never reached the cap (granted neither did I) No one else should be allowed to? How is removing 40+ levels going to change the fact that the skills you chose weren't decent/That your skill tree was flawed? Why should the more pvp oriented players have to suffer the consequences of this? That's like saying People shouldn't prestige in Call Of duty, because too many noobs never get past rank 40...

• Calm down man ;) I know what I say... And you understood too I think... If you didn't, it should be bad for you... Anyways I try to explain with some example...

Scenario 1- Start with lv 70: all contents unlocked, and people like me with 11-12 accounts at lv 70 after 6 months that dbog is online... After you spammed the same pve stuffs and also same pvp skills/balance, me, like a lot of people will quit because there is nothing to do (like tons of people said in last 3-4 months said to me in old dbo...) The things will completely change if the team could be able to add NEW CONTENTS.. Like that, I could agre with you... BUT keep in mind that this wont be easy/fast as it has been said many times in faqs...

Scenario 2- Start with lv 55: like old dbo... It has been online for 2 years... So... Every level cap, is like a new game... New balance, new stats, new skills, new pve stuffs, gear combos...there wil be "something to do" every lv cap release..

In both the ways, I will play dbog for sure... I love this game... But the second way is the best way to get the biggest "profit" with the stuffs that WE ALREADY HAVE... It is like this in my opinion... Anyways I wont answer to this thread anymore... There s nothing to add... The evidence was already posted in the other reply... You are of course free to have your opinion... :thumbsup:

• i really dont care what level cap will be but an easy fix is just tone down the exp from quests ALOT and make it more of a grind fest game.
    Theres really no point to killing mobs except to farm for gear when your actually at a level that gives better gear then the lvl 20 quests do..make quests give like 1500 exp instead of 15000

• No, Of course not, and I'm well aware of what you guy're suggesting.

So because you never reached the cap (granted neither did I) No one else should be allowed to? How is removing 40+ levels going to change the fact that the skills you chose weren't decent/That your skill tree was flawed? Why should the more pvp oriented players have to suffer the consequences of this? That's like saying People shouldn't prestige in Call Of duty, because too many noobs never get past rank 40...

I didn't said they should, i said it could be better, at least for me, i share what i think, if you like or not what i wrote is up to you, everybody shares their own mind about this.

• Scenario 2- Start with lv 55: like old dbo... It has been online for 2 years... So... Every level cap, is like a new game... New balance, new stats, new skills, new pve stuffs, gear combos...there wil be "something to do" every lv cap release..

No it's not... It's the same game you've waited 2 years for, and you're just restrict the content of it... Every cap wouldn't be a "new game" It'd be the game we knew and we already prepared for. While it's true that every new cap did change the meta, the changes weren't all that drastic. AS far As I know, the only class hit hard (and this was back in 2011) were the fighters, but I believe they needed to get nerfed. The classes in the game were balanced enough, and adding more levels allows for more variety. Again, Why would you play a game only to get to experience parts of it over a long duration?!

So again, I reiterate: By effectively removing 15% of the game, you're encouraging players to do late game behavior early on. People will still grind the same end-game dungeons, battle the same old pvp experts etc. The only distinction between the two scenarios would be the former has a multitude of features/attributes removed from it, thus diminishing the will to want to return to the game *even sooner*

• Nonetheless, I still don't see any argument that actually provides a good reason against having a lower cap for one or two weeks, unlike the party in favor.

People will still have the will to play, even more than they have right now to do so in the dev server with the current state of the game. No harm done.

Edit: I also realized that some people seem to think that it would take months? Uhh, nope.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!