Pre-Open Beta Discussion

• I had downloaded the client a while ago...about the pob announcement time. Today wanted to make sure everything was hunky dory ,so I ran the launcher.
    It said a new version of the updater was available.
    So I ran the updater.
    The closed down immediately and the launcher became unusable.
    Any idea why?.

Also , this is to alert you guys of the problem, in case someone makes the same mistake of clicking update, since we are all hyped.

• I also updated, but I did not receive that problem. I do know the launcher closes down and opens a little tab with a download bar, are you sure you didn't close that part down?

• That means...PRE-OPEN BETA OF 2016 HAS STARTED! WOOOO!

*Starts to rock out w/ The Final Show! and METAL DESTRUCTION*

I was referring to him and the others saying pre-open beta started

I do agree with you completely last time they had a server open for everyone I seen atleast 50 players and that was in the starter town alone and I believe it was only open for a day or 2 so not everyone got to join.

• Don't forget that the goal of pre-open beta is gathering informations about bugs, not allowing all people to play. That would be a waste of resources (bigger server bigger co$t). It is possible (i don't know for sure) that if they increase the server capacity, the lag will significantly increase and people will cry about this too. So be patient and wait

• Don't forget that the goal of pre-open beta is gathering informations about bugs, not allowing all people to play. That would be a waste of resources (bigger server bigger co$t). It is possible (i don't know for sure) that if they increase the server capacity, the lag will significantly increase and people will cry about this too. So be patient and wait

I understand why you can think that way, however that's not how servers work, servers refresh data a lot, I am going to go and assume they run the server on a pretty good processer, if that were the case, if they can run 500, then putting a new server with the same, can cause drag, however increasing the size of a server, won't really lag a server, unless it's a significant change, such as maybe 50k people. Yes the server is to test out bugs, but not only just bugs, it's also to give people a taste of the game, to check if the connections are stable. If it weren't about allowing people to play, and just testing bugs then they could of EASILY just kept it solid Founder Only, and it'd give the same effect. They're doing this (Most likely) To test if the servers can handle an actual run with more people, multiple people going around doing their own thing. Just on a bigger scale than just the founders. It's a really smart idea, allowing the people who really want to play to play just to test things out is probably the best way to go. I've worked with computers a lot, I've even ran servers of my own and know how the connections can run, not majorly like those who go to college for it, but enough to know doubling the capacity wouldn't put too much of a strain if it has no problem running. I do agree people will complain of the lag, but that's another reason to do it, to test limits of their servers, all they'd need to do is lower the capacity again, then place an announcement saying they cannot run that many players at once. Besides, if they said they can increase it, it means they believe they have enough to increase it without dragging the server. I hope this enlightened you a bit.

Sorry for the wall of text lol, I get very.. Enthusiastic with Technology, I kind of want to learn more about tech later in life xD

Only a few more days, whoop!

Edit: Lag is also Client wise, if someone has bad connection, either bad provider or too many people running on their Wi-Fi, then that is a problem. People who don't know a lot about servers complain "Their servers are crap they need to upgrade!" Not all people do this, but I've known a few complain in games while it's their bad connection.

• They should definitely add an afk timer. Otherwise, the servers would just be overrun by people who never log off in order to stay within the capacity. Even though it's the pre-open beta, something like a timer is crucial X/

They should add a timer with a captcha system cuz an afk timer can be easily circunvented multiple ways.

I totally agree with you..

If there isnt a AFK timer, people would missuse it alot...

Adding a captcha is the best way to kick the AFKers... :whistling:

• I play old BETA test of the last year is the connection was disgusting cut every 5 minutes.
    With a very low content of games ...

Here we are in 2016 is a server vera if real progress is contained games. But for the number of person who will this connected disconnected at the same time I can hope.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!