Kaioken: Was there a miscalculation, or....?

• Right now, every 100 DEX gives you 1% extra physical critrate per Kaioken grade. (And never any energy crit, for some reason?) Even if you had 200 DEX, that'd literally makes the Kaioken stacking pointless.

I think you accidentally added one too many zero's in the dividing process, and I have the feeling you meant to give 10 crit per 100 DEX. Which would be a big nerf for most Kaioken users already. Soooo....was this a hasty miscalculation?

• I just don't like how it doesn't even calculate FOC.The damage is nice but unless your a fighter stacking DEX... why use it?

I don't understand why you'd use it at all, even IF you've stacked 200+ DEX. At Kaioken x5 you'd have 8% extra crit. That's why I felt this was a miscalculation, since there's no point at all to stack Kaiokens now.

But maybe Daneos meant to nerf Kaioken by essentially removing stacking, so I didn't report it in the bug section.

• I don't understand why you'd use it at all, even IF you've stacked 200+ DEX. At Kaioken x5 you'd have 8% extra crit. That's why I felt this was a miscalculation, since there's no point at all to stack Kaiokens now.
    But maybe Daneos meant to nerf Kaioken by essentially removing stacking, so I didn't report it in the bug section.

Finally someone who gets me lol btw you seem like a smart guy does Kaioken increase the damage of your skills? i heard people saying things like that.

about crit rate yeah whats the point of havin only 8+ critrate of your inital crit rate. i feel he should divide the KAIO grade by 20 or 30 would be an OK option.

• Finally someone who gets me lol btw you seem like a smart guy does Kaioken increase the damage of your skills? i heard people saying things like that.
    about crit rate yeah whats the point of havin only 8+ critrate of your inital crit rate. i feel he should divide the KAIO grade by 20 or 30 would be an OK option.

Check the global update thread for in depth details of Kaioken

• @Drakule So instead of forgetting what each of us has told you on discord over the last few days over and over :D did you get round to PMin'g a mod that we suggested if you want things cleared up?

I copy and pasted the post to you on discord but i'l link you to it again. Here are the calcs.

"Kaio-ken: A power up originally created by King Kai, though used solely by Goku throughout the original series. In Dragon Ball Online, Kaio-ken is similar to how it was portrayed during Goku's use; a distinctive red, flaring aura surrounds the player; decrease in both health and energy; and be multiplied (ex: Kaioken x2, x5, x10) as high as the players choose, so long as they have the LP and EP to do so. However, there are noticeable differences in the skill than how it was depicted in the series: the increase after its first multiplication is only given to player's chance of landing critical strikes, and heightens with each time the Kaio-ken technique is multiplied; no other stats after the first multiplication are heightened. Also, Kaio-ken can only be deactivated once LP is low (although it drains both LP and EP), and has a six-minute cooldown period. Three skill points can be added to this skill."

In DBO the more SP you put into it the less % of health and EP it drained from you while active as "you mastered the skill and have more control over it"

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!