Developing Trust

• I'm just going to copy/paste my reply from another thread because I don't think enough people have seen it. - Game evolution
    I honestly believe this is what's needed for the community atm.

"Someone finally brought this topic up eh?
    Well personally, I believe Daneos is working with the intent to actually bring the entirety of the game back and host a stable server.

If he's enjoying the money, why wouldn't he continue the server? More and more people will join. = More $$$
    So I doubt he's going to run away with the money and leave us all to the gutter, he doesn't seem like that type of person.

But Tbh, I believe as "donators" and anyone who supports the project; by either playing or paying etc. we should be given some sort of statistic regarding the amount of money supporting the project. With that information, we should also be informed on how the money is being spent and what it is being used for.

There is nothing to hide. Those numbers shouldn't affect anything else other than this project right? There's no competition right? There's nobody out there trying to better this project right? Also, this cash shop is completely legal; it's all based on donations so we have nothing to worry about with release of the those statistics. It's like a kickstarter campaign.

Daneos hasn't asked ONCE for people to donate more often because the server needs it; so we can assume that there is enough being donated already.

What's the money specifically being used for? I don't know yet.
    Isn't the money only being donated for the server? Yes, it should be.
    Do I trust Daneos to use the donation money solely for the purposes of the server? To an extent.

Right now, all I know is that the money being donated is to "help the server".
    There's a ****load of cashers.. Like a lot. Don't even try discrediting me on this one. With that, wouldn't you expect more updates, and stable servers by now? Or at least more people working on the project. If Daneos wants to work on the project alone that's cool, but if the community starts asking to hire more devs onto the project with the money being donated, it's something he NEEDS to consider.

At this point of time, We revolve around Daneos, and he revolves around us. He's supplying the game, and the community is supplying the resources for him to accomplish that.

Showing these statistics isn't just going to establish our trust with Daneos, but it's going open more options for everyone.
    Polls can be used to find the best way to use the money donated. It makes the community happy, THAT IS IMPORTANT."

• If he hire more developer less $$$ in his pocket.

But you are right we can all assume daneos made more then enough to hire some cheap developers to speed up fixing bugs and what not. It's a disservice to everyone who had donated to this project if he doesn't put the donation to good use and hire more developer and obtain a better server instead of taking long ass vacation to Korea or Japan or whatever. Hopefully he will response soon so these 4ners can clam down

• This has been a growing topic that is flooding forums. There are other threads about this "you copy and pasted your response from a previous post to make a new one"

stop spamming forums with this nonsense and be patient.

• I agree with some of your points and I also think there is room for improvement in how we deal with stuff.

I also want to thank you because your thread gives me hope that it is possible to establish a healthy communication between a pro-active part of the community and the staff.

I don't happen to have the answers to all your questions right now, but - as of now - I ask everyone to keep this thread civil so as to have a space to be able to discuss stuff.

• I agree with some of your points and I also think there is room for improvement in how we deal with stuff.

I also want to thank you because your thread gives me hope that it is possible to establish a healthy communication between a pro-active part of the community and the staff.

I don't happen to have the answers to all your questions right now, but - as of now - I ask everyone to keep this thread civil so as to have a space to be able to discuss stuff.

In due time, the community should be whole again if the correct approaches are taken.
    Daneos has had it worse in the start.. A lot more people were criticizing him in the early stages of this project.

With that being said, hopefully Daneos will realize any mistakes he may have made and work to improve them. Also, hopefully this "stigma" of him being a "thief" doesn't affect him emotionally and potentially pose negative side effects to his life.

I do believe he's entitled to a vacation. For as long as he wants, who are we as people to dictate how he can live his life.
    But, I also believe he should uphold things he said he'd do. -------UPDATES EVERY SUNDAY------- Even if it's nothing... Say something to the community... "Hi, hello, blablabla." that's what people trust and believe in. ACTIVENESS.

That's the difference between DBOR and DBOG. Most people have jumped ship due to Luke's lack of activity. If Luke persisted on updating forums every now and then.. even without content there would still have been a large fan base for DBOR.
    Just sending out that little bit of acknowledgement to the community, that a developer is still working on a Project; keeps the community flowing like a current.

Now since Daneos doesn't speak as often anymore, people are losing interest the same way they lost for DBOR. Right now, it's quite the extreme case since it's only been two weeks, but there's added variables so I understand the community's concern. They also have every right to be worried... Just address it in a civil manner..

All that's left for me to say is... DBOR's last update is nearly a year old now.. But it isn't dead.. It's still a work in progress. There's people still there waiting patiently.

Compare that 1 year to these last 2 week.... compare it to aspect you want. Just think about it.

• This has been a growing topic that is flooding forums. There are other threads about this "you copy and pasted your response from a previous post to make a new one"

Your comment is the only useless one in this thread. Please read my post thoroughly before criticizing it for something it is not.
    If you couldn't comprehend what's written there, I'll summarize it in a short sentence

"Daneos' work authenticity and steps he can take to improve it."

• I believe his comment was written in the heat of said other one with all the name calling and such. Best to let everyone calm down in their own time and i'm sure anyone who said anything unpleasant (no matter how tame or severe) was just due to the comments being thrown about here and there.

Back on point though. i do understand what your'e saying. It's very true that with lack of updates people start to spread rumors and the likes which does nothing but damage to the game and community.

Daneos has however been responding to PMs and threads and such throughout the week too. I get that he intended to do updates or post info every Sunday but that was when he had so much to do and it was almost a given he could fix 1 or 2 things every week. However now over half of the game is somewhat functional it's not going to go down well (as shown in the other thread) f his only update is a minor bug fix and nothing big such as a dojo war.

With that being said it would be cool to see him slightly more talky with some users. but in reality the forums are a place to report bugs, players, post guides, ask for guilds and parties, buy sell and trade items Etc. He is active on discord which is a social place for the game community (and most people saying he's not about ad the likes aren't on it)

I'm fully on board with him showing any progress no matter how little if any. but i reckon the community would get irritated if they only got something small for a week or 2 (like it was said in the other thread i don't wish to join)

Your comment is the only useless one in this thread. Please read my post thoroughly before criticizing it for something it is not.If you couldn't comprehend what's written there, I'll summarize it in a short sentence

"Daneos' work authenticity and steps he can take to improve it."

• Roku, you bring up great points, I'd like to hear more about this as well.
    I can see the frustration, and I share a little of it as well, but let's keep our patience. Daneos has delivered far beyond our competitors at this point.

This has been a growing topic that is flooding forums. There are other threads about this "you copy and pasted your response from a previous post to make a new one"

Knowing where your money is going is considered nonsensical to you? Oh boy.

As Aru has said, keep the thread peaceful and I believe this can be a successful discussion.

--..-.我有足夠多的足夠手段.-.---.
    ████
    ████████ ███

x1hbfp.png

• Just need to note that you said the cash shop is legal, sadly it is not. In the world of copyright, any image/product used towards one's own financial gain (even *if* that gain is going strictly to server cost) falls in to the realm of illegal. This is because that money isn't going to those who own the image/product's intellectual property, who are the ones that get to decide what that money goes to.

Yes, other fan servers do this, that doesn't make them legal. In fact, the most popular WoW fan server was shut down last year for legal issues. The law (while agreed, is flawed) is rather black and white on this subject. Went to school for this kind of thing. Totally agree with the rest of the post however, and the general idea behind it. Well said and well done. :thumbup:

• Much crybaby emos in this community, nobody rly know's what he'll do or what he wont do, it's just speculation, try taking responsability for your own actions for once in you're pathetic misrable little lives and stop crying how hes stealing all your money, you are the one giving it away.

• Someone already said this in a previous post. Instead of looking and reading responses you want to make a new thread. (or you didnt like the answer and are trying to forcefully get him to work on what you want added to the game)

"He's working on the database for a better performance and redoing each game functionality by types (trade, mail, skill...). It is going to be a stability update and not a content update."

• Someone already said this in a previous post. Instead of looking and reading responses you want to make a new thread. (or you didnt like the answer and are trying to forcefully get him to work on what you want added to the game)

"He's working on the database for a better performance and redoing each game functionality by types (trade, mail, skill...). It is going to be a stability update and not a content update."

You're still failing to see the purpose of this thread... By all means, if like you say there is, a detailed post with the opinions and suggestions I have voiced, feel free to PM it to me or share it here.

I've only found posts/threads which only speaks of and targets the issue itself, nothing that entails a viable solution.

Just need to note that you said the cash shop is legal, sadly it is not. In the world of copyright, any image/product used towards one's own financial gain (even *if* that gain is going strictly to server cost) falls in to the realm of illegal. This is because that money isn't going to those who own the image/product's intellectual property, who are the ones that get to decide what that money goes to.

Yes, other fan servers do this, that doesn't make them legal. In fact, the most popular WoW fan server was shut down last year for legal issues. The law (while agreed, is flawed) is rather black and white on this subject. Went to school for this kind of thing. Totally agree with the rest of the post however, and the general idea behind it. Well said and well done. :thumbup:

Oh believe me mate, I know exactly what you mean. That's why I wrote that paragraph with that specific syntax; lots of questions.
    I didn't want to make it so obvious, I wanted to get people thinking.

So yes, so far things are very fishy and unclear. That's why it's important to clear the doubt.

• Much crybaby emos in this community, nobody rly know's what he'll do or what he wont do, it's just speculation, try taking responsability for your own actions for once in you're pathetic misrable little lives and stop crying how hes stealing all your money, you are the one giving it away.

Donating money for the purpose of benefiting the server. That's what we've been told.
    But there's no concrete proof on what the money is actually being used for, especially with all these rumors coming about.

I do agree with you, in the sense that we've made a choice to pay. But do you think it's too much to simply ask what our money is actually being used for?

I'm not saying Daneos is actually using the donation money for his own profit, but it's a possibility and that's what a lot of people are assuming and that is illegal. So not only is there a possibility that people are being deceived, there's a possibility the game may shutdown as well.
    That's a double kick to the face.

Even if Daneos added a specific $$$ Goal to reach.
    For e.g we need $x more money to reach $xy and when we reach that, we can buy new servers. That knowledge and concept CHANGES everything. It builds trust, it shows stability, it shows improvement.

I don't think there's any legal issues with displaying DBOG's donation numbers as none of the money is being used for profit anyway?. So I doubt there's any legal reason forcing him to hide it. Unless there's a reason he hasn't spoke of, or the money is being used for something else..

There's always going to be speculation.

• Explain how he is supposed to know how much is needed to complete the project (specific $$$ Goal to reach)

Want to see where the money is going:
    so you want to see his monthly bank statements *(to show you the money he is spending on himself comes from his job and to see where he is spending that money - so you know its not "donations")
    So you want to see the monthly server host receipts for all the servers he has to pay to host the game (to show that the donations are being used on the server)
    So you want to see the complete log off all donations he has received up to date (so you know how much he has gotten and can compare costs to make sure that all the donations are going to the server)

This seems more like you are already accusing him of stealing from people as you are requesting a hell of alot of information like you are doing a criminal investigation on him. Seems more like you are trying to attract the mass to attack and accuse the guy of stealing just like a few other threads I have seen....

example:

"I'm not saying Daneos is actually using the donation money for his own profit, but it's a possibility and that's what a lot of people are assuming and that is illegal. So not only is there a possibility that people are being deceived, there's a possibility the game may shutdown as well.
    That's a double kick to the face."

again as I have said already... these have already been mentioned in another thread that was closed.. you just worded it pretty smooth to try and make it seem like you werent attacking the guy which you pretty much are.

When you click to donate you see this:

DONATE
    Dragon Ball Online Global is a free to play game, the donations help us to keep the server alive.

So he is already telling you that donations go to keep the server alive which I believe common sense tells you .. server fee's and everything else needed to keep the servers up and going.

This seems more like another desperate cry to attack him because he hasn't released an update as of recently. "Don't even try discrediting me on this one" which were your exact words as you "Assumed" that there are alot of cash shoppers... so all your questions and so forth are based on assumptions which are very dangerous waters.

• You seem to be misunderstanding what I'm preaching.

First of all I never said anything about Daneos predicting how much money will be needed to complete the project.
    That whole "$$$ goal" has nothing to do with the entirety of the project, just segments that bring the project whole. I'm not going to explain that anymore because you seem to misunderstand everything I post. Read it again.

2nd of all, you seem be so fixated on concluding this thread as a shitpost rather than realizing it's a thread that encourages discussion on how we can improve as community. I suggested something and voiced an opinion. I don't get why your ridiculing me for simply asking questions, questions that could possibly confirm the authenticity of the server and establish a better relationship with Daneos and the community.

I never once accused Daneos for fraud. Never. Stop accusing me of saying such things. There's a lot of accusation threads being made on this forum, this thread isn't one of them. I don't know how to stress this any further.

I couldn't care less about the updates. It's not a cry, stop taking this thread as a desperate cry for attention. It is not.

And finally, you finally posted something objectively for once.
    You seem to be over exaggerating my words, let me clarify.

I'm not asking for bank statements, and i'm not asking for every donation log.
    What I think the community would like to see, is the total amount of money donated, and an approximate amount he's using on different types of resources. Whilst sharing that information with the community, he can ask which is the best way to spend the money on resources and what to spend it on. Community Polls etc. Like I said before, it develops trust. Something as simple as a small tab on the forum page displaying the money donated with a possible goal attached to it. Many other private projects have a feature like this.
    Yes thanks for stating the obvious, I never knew the donations were being used for keeping the server alive......
    There's a lot of money being donated. Is it only being spent on servers and keeping the servers running, if so, is there any spare money?. Oh, so there is spare money you say? What can we spend it on, is it enough to spend it on x and y? Oh, you're right Daneos, it's good save up as much as we can so we keep the server running for a long time. But you're saying we can allocate the money and possibly buy translators and developers? Let's see what the community thinks, and see if they can donate enough money to make it happen.
    ^ A proactive conversation with Daneos.

Btw, I think moderators are able to differentiate between a shitpost and an actual objective based thread better than you. They also have the power to close one. Thus far, moderators are actually encouraging the progression of this thread, but at this point, the tension you're creating will probably close this thread soon. Let's work together to make the community and Daneos happy again.

This seems more like another desperate cry to attack him because he hasn't released an update as of recently. "Don't even try discrediting me on this one" which were your exact words as you "Assumed" that there are alot of cash shoppers... so all your questions and so forth are based on assumptions which are very dangerous waters.

I'm gonna assume there's a lot of cashers unless there's a statistic proving otherwise. SO yes, you see the importance of concept now.
    What if we don't have enough cashers... And the server is slowly dying right now...

• You know you could both talk nicely to each other instead of hinting insults and trying to '1-up' each other.

It's clear there's a misunderstanding between both of you but when you both reply as petty children instead of talking nicely and trying to be 'better' than the one before you could understand each other right away.

Rob. Lets be honest. you very clearly made this thread at a bad time on the forums and even quoted your post from said "shit starter" it's only natural that those who actually enjoy the game and are happy with it would want to defend the man working on the project. It's only natural to see some kind of resistance.

However. you could have tried to explain it in a nicer way to Contractz as he is new and very much irritated by people being rude on the forums.

Contractz, sure tensions are high but i feel you might have jumped the gun a bit. Good on you for defending what you think is right and i can actually see where you're coming from in regards to how Rob worded his first post. He did not make it clear what kind of evidence or documentation he wanted if any so with the atmosphere as it was it's only natural to be irritated.

Let it be known however, you now should know that Rob doesn't want important or private information sch as bank statements. Something simple like a total of what's been given and maybe (not definitely) what it's all been going into. Daneos has absolutely no obligation to show/share any of that as it's his project and we're simply being aloud to take part in a step we originally had no place being in.

Are there any more points either of you want to make? if so can you do it nicely and stop begin rude to one another. If you don't think you have been i can say from an outside and unbiased point of view it looks like you both are being less than kind with your words.

• I've spoken as formally as one could, if I wanted to speak childish I could have easily done that as well.
    I expected criticism of my suggestions when I was initiating the thread. I didn't expect a personal attack.

I can be mature, but if someone refuses to understand a point, and accuses me of doing something I have not, ofc it will get annoying. There's no need for me to be this formal. Like I said before I can easily attack with childish insults, but I don't because that does not benefit this thread in any way. Instead I use the power of literature to prove my point.. which I've done multiple times. Contractz seems to not understand that.

Even so Contractz is new, it is not my fault he's been irritated by my post and is handling it in a bad way. After all, he does not realize my thread really holds no weight of importance for now. I'm just another casual and I'm entitled to my own opinion I don't need to be kind about it in anyway (But I chose to be). There's no need for him to shit talk my post based off the actions of others assume this post is spam and then proceed to call it a personal attack to Daneos.

I'm only bringing this up now because it seems about time the community needs it, and I just thought of the idea.
    Clearly you can see a growing number of people questioning the authenticity of Daneos. I suggested these ideas so he can prove to them that they can trust him. I never accused him of anything.

This is a possible solution for the community that I thought of and FELT like sharing.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!