<Community Thread> Let's talk... Events! (And some other topics)

• Which event you want us to start with? 60

1. In-game Scavenger Hunt! (45) 75%
    2. In-game Race! (8) 13%
    3. DBOG screenshot contest! (7) 12%

Hello again community!

I first wanted to thank you all because I had some interesting replies on my previous CM post. There were 4 main topics discussed:

• Drop rate (mentioned by adrian on fire)
    • Server economy (mentioned by fkimn, headshoooter77 and Fluffy)
    • Stats/Skills (mentioned by Orimbar, focusing specially on MA’s dodge rate)
    • Events (mentioned by adrian on fire and Vyse)

I’ll try to develop an answer (not a definitive one by any means) so as to progress on our dialog!

DROP RATE

I’ll start quoting a reply I gave on another thread

Drop rate isn't determined by collective dropped items (whole server) or individual dropped items (player), but by mob. For instance, if an item has 10% drop rate, you have 1 out of 10 chances to drop it if you kill a mob. This rate will still be 1 out of 10 for the next mob and so on.

I must let you guys know that some modifications are being tested on dev server regarding rare and legendary items drop rate as we speak. I cannot give an ETA on this, so stay tuned for news on this matter.

SERVER ECONOMY

I’ve seen some interesting/funny posts on this subject, like mrhunt11’s reply onthis thread, or TheProdige’s thread. I say this to let you know that we actually read your suggestions and we care about what you guys say. Economy sucks right now, but I honestly doubt we will add anything server-side to control it (like stone merchants as it’s been suggested): this will probably lead to more errors and bug abuses. We already have enough dealing with bots and duping.

Because of these 2 subjects, some have accused Daneos of milking money and benefiting donors, not caring about F2P players. I can explain easily why this isn’t the case. Bug abuse and botting are 2 abnormal sources of zeni and items – that have a zeni value – which distort the market. In a distorted market, not only cash points but items have unstable value. For example, an upgraded glove +15 might be worth more zeni right now than before, but this zeni is less and less valuable because people keep abusing zeni bugs. A stable server and market is what donors - and everyone! - want, because I honestly doubt spending real life currency in a shaky market is their desired scenario. So yes, Daneos – and the DBOG staff – aren’t keeping a “bad” drop rate or letting bug abusers be to get benefits. We acknowledge current state of the server is far from optimal and we are taking different measures (bot banning, bug abuse fixing, drop rate testing on rare and legendary items) to fight it.

We are open to listen to you, but please do not accuse without proof or proper argumentation, otherwise it’s difficult to establish a dialog.

STATS/SKILLS

We are aware of dodge rate being problematic (not only for MAs as a matter of fact), but the focus is always to fix or add content that will affect the majority of the players. There are other class specific issues (poko priest, ultimate majin and crane hermit skills for example), and we will work on everything. I know it’s frustrating playing a class not to its full potential, but this is part of testing a server.

And finally… EVENTS!

For those that didn’t read Adrian on fire contribution on my previous thread

I talked about this with Daneos… and he agreed! What’s next? Please reply to this thread’s poll to know what event you people prefer to start with! We’ll start with only one to begin with and according to your feedback and how the event comes up we’ll work on more. Be sure to let us know if you have more event ideas! Poll ends next Tuesday to give staff some time to set a day a time and also prices!

This post was longer, but I tried to post it once and got everything erased :( If you want more info on something, just ask. I’ll be glad to answer if I am able to.

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

Previous Community Threads:

Community Manager - Let's Talk!

• I really like the idea of the scavenger hunt and the screenshot contest! They sound like something a lot of players could use to lean the map and things they didn't yet know about the game :)

In regards to the bugs and such I know things are being tested in regards to drops and skill workings so i'm happy to wait for everything here and there.

There is one more thing i am interested in on the development side. And that is when we will get the Papaya BID dungeons, Cell-X, Bacterian, And Krakken. Obviously i know they'll take time to have working correctly and all that. I just found it weird that we got the UDs and only the first BID in Nuke land but not the others.

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more ideas thrown about :thumbsup:

• I'd like to praticipate in an event that actually lets me enter the fkn game... hows that for an event? ...Idiots.

1. I saw you already posted on one of the specific bug thread. I hope you saw that Daneos quote replies when he already fixed or at least announce when the bug is fixed for each person. So yeah, you are not alone in this and work is being done, so patience.
    2. If name-calling is your only way to deal not being able to play a test server game for a couple of days then I sadly don't have much left to say.

Thank you for your understanding.

• Events suggestion

:D EXP Event :D
    forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/8541/
    Increase the Exp Gained from killing monsters for X amount of hours/days/weekend.
    Would be fun if it could work on a like or thumps up system. :thumbsup:

:D increased Drop rate Event :D
    Monsters, bosses, all drop twice the amount of items they would useally drop,so if a boss in TMQ drops 1 item, now it drops for sample 2 or 3, depending on the event.

Extended Dragonball Hunt
    forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/8542/
    Increased duration of , or more often dragonball hunting event.

Hide and seek event
    forum.dboglobal.to/wsc/index.php?attachment/8543/

well title explains it all.

• I haven't talked about Papaya BID's with Daneos yet but I guess it is a bit different because of the importance of accessories dropped there. Better have everything ok about it (stats, bonuses, drop rate, etc.) before launching them. Heck, a clear example was the bacterian crown abuse. Sadly people are reckless to get any benefit possible from any opening they get as fast as they can. Better avoid this with end game BIDs, otherwise I guess we'll see a LOT of threads about X or Y bug abuse.

Anyhow, I'll try to discuss about it with him later today and whenever I get a proper response I'll mention it here or on the next CM Thread.

@Cashalot so far we are doing some events that do not require any modification server-side, just to let Daneos work on fixes and then content. For instance Hide and seek can be done by staff only. In the future exp/drop events might be added tho.

• Seems like Scavenger Hunt won this time!

We will work out staff availabilty in order to provide a day and a time for the event, as well talk with Daneos about the prices awarded.

Next CM thread we will probably announce the event details, but...

Do not hesitate to suggest if you have other event ideas or if there are other topics you'd like to openly discuss in the CM threads.

Aru :dpeace:

• Out of curiosity. What would the rules be in regards to people using more than one client to look for and collect prizes from when they find you?

I absolutely love the whole idea of everything this is about but something tells me some people may try to take advantage of this. Is it worth setting up a screen record on the character you hide so that if anyone uses instant transmission or a pet summon to get to you is disqualified?

• Out of curiosity. What would the rules be in regards to people using more than one client to look for and collect prizes from when they find you?

I absolutely love the whole idea of everything this is about but something tells me some people may try to take advantage of this. Is it worth setting up a screen record on the character you hide so that if anyone uses instant transmission or a pet summon to get to you is disqualified?

Thanks for pointing that out. That is why we will take some time before announcing day and time in order to get ready with enough staff members checking and proof to avoid any kind of abuse. So you might need to be a bit patient, but be sure the event is going to happen :D

• Sounds good to me. I'm all for these interesting games and events however i think it should be fair for all players :)

Thanks for pointing that out. That is why we will take some time before announcing day and time in order to get ready with enough staff members checking and proof to avoid any kind of abuse. So you might need to be a bit patient, but be sure the event is going to happen :D

• I really love how much the DBOG staff cares about the players , by the way the évent will be a monthly or weekly event like the DBHunt ?

Without the players this server wouldn't exist :)

As this is the first event I'm organizing as a CM, it is kind of a test. Depending on how we figure things out and the possible issues/problems we encounter during the event - but also the staff availability - we will work out a Schedule for events if possible. But see this first event as a test, things can and will probably change/improve!

• for the skiill i wanted to lvl up a poko but i can't i need thiis pet to go FASTER for buffer the main skill is bugged i hope it will bee fixed and @arubaru for my point of view the server econnomy depend by the player it is us who control the prices so yeah it is not for the staff to fix the econommy and to deal with the greed of some dumbs ( sorry for this term ) any way i hope peopole will wake up white stone 70 kkk -100kk and iit cost only 30 cp it iis moore then 2kk for 1 cp it is crazy^^

• for the skiill i wanted to lvl up a poko but i can't i need thiis pet to go FASTER for buffer the main skill is bugged i hope it will bee fixed @arubaru for myy point of view the server econnomy of server depend by the player it is us who control the prices so yeah it is not the staff job to deal with the greed of some dumbs ( sorry for this term ) but yeah i hope peopole will wake up white stone 70 kkk -100kk and iit cost only 30 cp it iis moore then 2kk for 1 cp it is crazy^^

...what?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!