Major problems with skills since update

• Since the new update has been applied i have seen and been told many more bugs have been formed such as in ranked me and my friend done a test we both used quick attack and my quick attack was used but he did not resist it was like i did the animation but no after effect also there is a major delay in skills when i play on my swordsman once i used knockdown even if i fully spam a stun the opponent is able to stand up for 2-3 seconds and attack me before i can use an attack it is as if i am stunned when hes getting up. There are other new things added such as a nerf in DoTs i noticed a major difference when my friend with +15 axe could 1 shot me all the time with crit or without and now i can survive with 2-3k lp thats quite a big difference

Some extra things that are now not working
    1, Double Gut Buster Crane skill now wakes up target and yesterday it didn't it was usable once sleeped
    2, Thousand Slashes (Level 5) does not work at all

if anyone can think of anything else add it to the thread so daneos knows what too look for and what to fix

• While I appreciate your thread, it'd be completely fine if you only opened one.

Just had a quick little convo with Ace_ove_spades (still ongoing) and it could be that cranes just got completely nerfed to the ground because of Thousand Slashes now semi-working.

I completely understand that it is a powerful spell. Yet it is absolutely horrific to not only nerf an entire class (let's be fair and say it is about 50% of the entire crane class) for the sake of a single spell. A potential spell. a spell you don't even need to skill.

Gutting the power of every single dot for the sake of a level 52 spell with 120 seconds cooldown, would be completely ridiculous. Having a class be literal trash up until level 52 and then let them shine once every two minutes. It's already not that easy to play cranes in my opinion and you hit your power spikes pretty late as well. Especially after becoming a crane in the first place.

If the damage numbers stay the same, at least make the skills slightly more spammable (reduce EP cost). If this remains, it was a straight up massacre.

• Even with the change in Dots damage i have still done 10 or so ranked matches since updates and still win easily cranes are anything but nerfed Thousand Slashes is just a boost to make them even more op and tbh even tho Thousand Slashes has been given a update i still do not implement it into my combos as it can fail which could cost me the match if the opponents is focused and yes cranes are a very hard class to play require a lot of thinking and knowing the skills of other classes

• Many skills are failing, the huge change was resistance, also i mainly play Dark warrior and now demon wave that used to hit 1.4k without kaio now the max damage is 800 even using debuff, before you would hit 1.7k with debuff, and of course we don't have dragon punishment for instant heal.

Anyway all of this is temporary:

- Healing from "Dragon's Punishment" temporarily disabled.
    - Sleeping objects now wake up only when receive dmg.
    - Thousand Slashes updated but not 100% correct
    - Old resist calculation has been put back until a better one is found.

I hope for a new resistance calculation to take over, we'll see what Daneos can do about this, but looks like a real headbache.

PD: I think that the old dot damage was good, but of course the real trouble was that succes rate and resistance rate wasn't working right, full dex fighter got stunned, paralized without the possibily to avoid, well almost all the time, and it shouldn't

• Also double bleed of spiritualists gives only 16 abdominal damage every 2 seconds now. It used to give more.

This is how it's supposed to be. All DOTs do exactly what their base is unless they get boosted, which is what the Crane Passive plus the DOT passive in Spiritualist tree. The only exception to this is/was Bold Strike since its DOT was a % and not a base number, although I don't know if that's been changed or what.

• Yeah all these new ppl don't know what real dots are like hahaha

Let's not forget people like me who plays since korea, before tw was a thing, and always thought the "vanilla" calculation was bullshit (dealing the same damage, no matter your weapon/subweapon level, no matter your weapon/subweapon upgrades is stupid). Some people like it because it ignores defense. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Also, don't get me wrong, Daneos calculation had HUGE problems because EVERY dot was TOO good, but IMO it was in the right direction.

• Let's not forget people like me who plays since korea, before tw was a thing, and always thought the "vanilla" calculation was bullshit (dealing the same damage, no matter your weapon/subweapon level, no matter your weapon/subweapon upgrades is stupid). Some people like it because it ignores defense. I guess it's a matter of taste.
    Also, don't get me wrong, Daneos calculation had HUGE problems because EVERY dot was TOO good, but IMO it was in the right direction.

it wasn't in the right direction it was way to op

• it wasn't in the right direction it was way to op

Being op doesn't mean it wasn't the right direction. Just overtuned.

I think we cann all agree that *every* DoT was too good. That's a point I hit on in a different discussion. When you outdame your crane DoTs with a 1 SP spiritualist spell, then there's a problem.

Personally, the scaling was really nice. Too strong, yes, but it was nice to have. Hopefully Daneos and the devs will find a way to differentiate between low sp/weak DoTs and the stronger ons you obtain later into the game.

• dots are closer to the old game just because this is true, but doesn't make it better for the game, remember retail dbo was a failed product for many reasons.

personally I have no problem with the new changes other than gut buster (which was fixed not any more haha) and dodon barrage not working with sleep being active once that is fix (it has been said by me and many others in multiple threads).

once these skills can be activated without waking up opponents when they are sleeping I would be happy for cranes current position.

I'm more mad that I have to reupdate my guide again (haha) I just finished it with old formula before danoes retooled crane dots closer to Taiwan lvls lol.

as for my conversation with xredeemer I never mentioned that this was closer to old Taiwan lvls I guess that was my bad. I just said compared to last update the dots damage on all crane skills got reduced, I guess I should have went into more detail.

but hey I'm not the king of cranes that goes to sendoku and tienshenhan/syren (Manoeuvrez7 I THINK THATS U).

• It's all good. We're just voicing our opinions here. :D

Even if you had mentioned that DoTs are now closer to the way they worked for Taiwan, nothing would've changed in what I said and will say. Maybe now it's closer to its roots. Yay. I honestly don't care, because I didn't play the game at that time. To me, all that counts, is how *I* started the game, how it felt and how it feels now. The class is still fun, I still like it and I will still play it.

Nonetheless, it feels worse and I find it to be not very compelling the way DoTs are done right now. As for those that don't agree - you have your opinion, I have mine. :)

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!