Open beta pls

• It's something difficult to explain and i prefer not to go into details, but how you are so sure that if he has been able to add the floor 0-100 can also add the floor 101-150 at the same time? The same with the BIDs lvl 70. The things don't work that easy.

Regarding the level 38 cap are just a rumors, we have not confirmed anything that will start with the level 38 cap, we just said that there will be lvl cap at the beginning of the Open Beta, but we didn't say which one.

Regards

Your saying how do I know this stuff? When he was working on it he said floor he won't add til open beta because he felt like working something else instead 101-150. This is back when Daneos was very active in discord.

Okay level 38 cap a rumor but my point still stance, because we're still starting off with level cap regardless what it may be. It was so Daneos could fix the end game content.

Also the UD? The Cellx UD is working right now the only thing he had to add is the boss and mobs. It is that simple especially for UD that take 2 minute to get to the boss. I'm fine with the BIDS being tested now though it just the fact that you tell your community members something for almost more then a year then do the opposite without announcing it to community. Do you not see a problem with this?

• Your saying how do I know this stuff? When he was working on it he said floor he won't add til open beta because he felt like working something else instead 101-150. This is back when Daneos was very active in discord.

Okay level 38 cap a rumor but my point still stance, because we're still starting off with level cap regardless what it may be. It was so Daneos could fix the end game content.

Also the UD? The Cellx UD is working right now the only thing he had to add is the boss and mobs. It is that simple especially for UD that take 2 minute to get to the boss. I'm fine with the BIDS being tested now though it just the fact that you tell your community members something for almost more then a year then do the opposite without announcing it to community. Do you not see a problem with this?

Hello Adrian,

We are reworking Cell-X Dungeon and running tests with it, it is standard to do this and it takes time. And even with it, some bugs will remain and I hope you and other players will help as usual with your reports. However, if you want us to just add the boss and mobs we will have a super buggy dungeon with plenty of bug abuse, and I think nor you and I want that right?

We said we weren't considering doing BIDs but the project evolved and we are were we are

We didn't announce it? Yes you are correct, we could have done better in terms of communication, I apologize as a former community manager and a member of the DBOGstaff. If you think your energy is well spent by holding onto the fact that we are testing more content when we said we would do later I won't stop you.

About people leaving and quitting, they do and a testing stage isn't supposed to hold onto players and keep em playing 24/7 without a break. People should leave if they do not feel that testing the game is good for them and a break is needed, I would even encourage that because it isn't healthy otherwise. Players have left, new ones have come, and that is the way it is. At this stage of the development our goal isn't to retain the players but to make the game better with the support of those that will voluntarily do so.

Thank you for yours btw, you are one of the members that contribute greatly to the server, even though I might disagree with you sometimes.

• Your saying how do I know this stuff? When he was working on it he said floor he won't add til open beta because he felt like working something else instead 101-150. This is back when Daneos was very active in discord.

Well, first, what you mention about the BIDs is not as easy as it seems. It's not just making "x" mob and spawn it. It's a pretty long process. You have to know in what moment the mob have to spawn, check the debuffs of each mob, fix possible bugs, make "x" mob spawns in "x" time, add the drop. All that is very easy to say, but you have to convert it into programming code. Anyway, I don't think it takes a lot of time.

Second, cc101-150 can take a lot of time so we consider it better to fix /add the primordial and start the Open Beta with level cap. While in the Open Beta are the lvl cap, we will work on the missing functions as cc101-150. Many people maybe are right about adding it to PoB, but as it can take a long time, in my opinion, it's better to start the open beta and while working on it and try to have the least possible of bugs.

Regards

• Players are not leaving because of the testing stage, they are leaving because most thing the community get told is a lie. There is a development server, why not test on it?

We do test things there, but not all tests can be done in that environment because some bugs and errors can only be noticed with an actual player population online testing the content and instances with multiple parameters.

Tests in dev and tests in POB need each other so as to help development, as they are part of one big process:

1. Testing new content / update in DEV: A new content prepared by the dev is tested in a closed environment so as to show any major bugs and validate the overall operation of the content.

2. Release and test in POB: The open testers try the update and find minor bugs or critical ones that were only found because tested multiple times by multiple testers with multiple variables.
    3. Testing the bugs reported by POB in DEV: Once a bug is identified in POB dev testers are to reproduce the bug in the closed environment so as to understand how it works so as to be able to fix it.

I think it is important to understand this relationship: one can't work properly without the other.

• I think there is nothing wrong with copying strategies from big games that works fine.

League for instance release all new content in a open server to test it first and then apply changes to the main server when it is ready.

Why not open the dev server for everyone with free gear and infinite cash points, and realese the open beta with a cap in which all the content is already tested like 38 or 50? We could test the new features and help to bring it faster and safer.

It is a win-win scenario: the devs get feedback to fix the game, the testers create new strategies and parties to complete the dungeons and ppl play early the open beta.

• I think there is nothing wrong with copying strategies from big games that works fine.

League for instance release all new content in a open server to test it first and then apply changes to the main server when it is ready.

Why not open the dev server for everyone with free gear and infinite cash points, and realese the open beta with a cap in which all the content is already tested like 38 or 50? We could test the new features and help to bring it faster and safer.

It is a win-win scenario: the devs get feedback to fix the game, the testers create new strategies and parties to complete the dungeons and ppl play early the open beta.

Hey hugorrrlando, thanks for your feedback. I do however disagree with such suggestion because League is a MOBA and DBOG is a MMO. Both game types work differently.

Also, having infinite cash points and free gear isn't what helps in testing, but the multiple variables that POB offers, one of them being having people with different gear stats and upgrades. With free gear and infinite cash points everyone would have the best gear and no one would want to test with actual gear.

I will use an analogy for the testing process with how drugs are tested in order to enter in the pharmaceutical market (this is schematic and I'm sorry if any of you are experts in this field, it is just for illustrating purposes):

A drug or a pill / vaccine / treatment (new content or update) is designed in a lab (DEV server) by researchers (DEV and DEV testers). Once the drug pass some test in this closed environment and is approved to be tested outside a clinical trial is good to go (update released in POB server). The participants of said trial test the drug and any anomalies will be be noted by the doctors in charge of the trial (POB testers) so as the researchers take into account anything that might go wrong or not (bug reports; errors). Only after this process goes well the drug will be good to be released for everyone (hopefully a complete game in the long run).

In this analogy, having everyone in the clinical trial from the beginning in the lab won't be helpful to the research nor the testing of the drug. I believe it's the same for DBOG. For MOBAs is different as the game is played different.

Sorry if I made it even more complicate!

• fack you lulul

• Thank you for your response, it makes sense.

You and the team are doing a great work! if you dont mind i want to ask you if the team have a plan in order to incorporate new features once the open beta arrives. I am not only refering to eventual future caps, custom events for example, there is not gonna be a pre open beta server, how the features are gonna be tested?

• Thank you for your response, it makes sense.

You and the team are doing a great work! if you dont mind i want to ask you if the team have a plan in order to incorporate new features once the open beta arrives. I am not only refering to eventual future caps, custom events for example, there is not gonna be a pre open beta server, how the features are gonna be tested?

Once Open Beta arrives we will have a more stable server with all the foundations of the game. In that scenario, adding events will have less stability issues with a solid server, and we could still have a dev server so as to test the events. New features will be lighter than big updates as we've had with adult quest, tmqs, budokai, scramble and others, so less bugs to find and mainly the tests will consist in confirming events run correctly.

• Once Open Beta arrives we will have a more stable server with all the foundations of the game. In that scenario, adding events will have less stability issues with a solid server, and we could still have a dev server so as to test the events. New features will be lighter than big updates as we've had with adult quest, tmqs, budokai, scramble and others, so less bugs to find and mainly the tests will consist in confirming events run correctly.

Does that mean the devs won't be able to create new tmqs, I mean past the tmq7, because tmq 7 was the last one on old dbo if i remember correctly?

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!