"Bug or Strategy"?

• Based on the wave of bans that the team of DBO staff did (and that we appreciate). I would like to know what is considered abusing a "bug".

Since there are many "strategies" that could be considered bugs.

As for example, in the TMQ5 if you stand at a certain distance from a certain angle, you can attack Dodoria without taking damage or accumulate Aggro.

And like this, there are several examples. But this is considered a bug?

I will be grateful if a staff member answers my question :)

regards :thumbup:

• CELLX BUG for mee it's a strategy since the " Regular" way is way too fu***ng Hard for my tank full +10-11 and axe +15 i hava shitty Jewels and i can't do cell x normaly cuz i just can't tank it ... let's just don't talk about the Kraken ... i hope daneos will look again about this ..

• Hi,

This post will hopefully clarify and explain to the members of the community why those 47 accounts all received a permanent ban (IP ban), and help define the different types of bugs.

The bug that was abused was a game breaking exploit that some players who learned of it had selfishly kept to themselves and constantly abused for months.

What exactly is a Game Breaking Bug?

A game Breaking bug can be defined as an exploit in which players can gain a severe, unfair advantage over the whole server of Dragon Ball Online Global.

A severe unfair advantage includes the following:

• Players gaining items (that should not be easily obtained) by abusing a bug
    • Players gaining any form of currency (such as CP, Zeni, Medosa, Budokai coins etc) by abusing a bug
    • Any form of unfair advantage in which a player could have attain a self gain from. This means that if a player has a certain agenda in mind in which they can manipulate the bug in ways which they can obtain some value from abusing the bug. (For example, the old crash bug in retail Dragon Ball Online that would crash players clients would fall under this category).

The dojo war map exploit is a situational bug, as it is also a map render bug due to poor development with the retail version of Dragon Ball Online. The original developers (NTL) were constantly made aware of this exploit back in 2011 - 2013 but despite having knowledge of the bug they refused to fix. Because of this, players are first issued a temporary ban (if caught abusing this bug) and then if used again they are then Permanently Banned (however, this could change in the future).

A simple visual bug, or boss exploits (like the one you mentioned in your post) is not classified as "game breaking" and does not fit under that category. From memory the exploit you mentioned in your post existed since retail. That is a retail defect which you do not really obtain a gain from (the only exception is having an easier time defeating the boss).

This is why it is explicitly stated by the DBO G Staff/Team for members of the community to make sure to report any bug that they come across, no matter if it is visual, boss exploits, game breaking (or any type of bug for that matter). Every bug should be reported by the community and bought to the teams attention so that a fix/solution can be worked out to resolve the bug as soon as possible.

In the case of the 47 accounts, the player(s) who first discovered the bug made the mistake of abusing and spreading the bug for self gain. If the first player who discovered this said bug would have originally reported it from the start (without abusing it), this could have potentially prevented the exploit from spreading and all of the offenders from being permanently suspended.

If anyone knows of any bugs, please be sure to submit a ticket as soon as you are made aware of the bug/exploit. This can go a long way and be a big help to the whole DBO G Community. All bugs are unwanted, no matter how severe/serious they may be. So please be ensure to report all you may come across.

Regards,

Tempest

DBO G Staff

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!