Grand Chef Spirit Drain: how can it be unerfed?

• Everyone tends to say to just buff Grand Chefs and game will be fine, but they don't go into specifics as to how. One thing that can be buffed is Spirit Drain. Before 70 cap, this was the Grand Chef's best gimmick (I think); it basically made your EP usage become nullvoid and stopped Super Saiyan/Pure Majin in its tracks. Then the 70 cap hit and NTL thought it was a good idea to nerf this skill. They were on the right track I suppose, but they did a little too good of a job and now it sucks. 2:40 CD and 8 sec duration...yeah that basically put the nail in the coffin. So...how can this be fixed so that it doesn't suck, but at the same time isn't too OP?

• This had its opponents EP to 0 constantly during battles. No more, no less. It was a bit OP, don't you agree?
    Nevertheless 2 min CD & 8 sec duration might be a bit too harsh.

I know how overpowered it was, but I agree that the duration/cooldown change was too dramatic, especially since they left Karma's "Hesitation" (which more or less accomplishes the same thing) alone.

• Isn't OP, they are just stupid, everyone at Budokai uses autopots, when i run outta mana what? i still have autopot and stuff, what you gonna do with that CD little buffer? They just nerf everything, as crane was nerfed, how are you supposed to nerf someone who has no chance to start a duel? Someone with no stuns, fast stuns, or enough damage to kill someone fast? You need to kill your enemy in 3 secs + 12 secs. That's impossible, just wonder if your candy beam flash fails because of dodge/resistance? or even if it does not fail, you dont have that high damage to kill the enemy in that time. The same goes for Plasma and Ultimate Majin. Even someone like the Poko should do PVP. This game is just based in Fighters and SK Fighters and SK blablabla.

• Maybe a 4 minute CD and 20 Second duration would be much nicer. It is made for PvP of coarse, and many players take about 20 seconds during a pvp match (1 of the whole thing). The skill should only be used during one round, and it can turn the competition upside-down with that time!
    It should't be OP, nothing should honestly. But it would sure as hell be less crappy! (I am not trying to make the skill take back its stand, just buffing it enough to make it stand out)

• Change it to something like 1,30 min cooldown, and 15 second duration when maxed.

The biggest issue with Grand Chefs is that they have low dmgs, aswell as lower utility than ultimate majins, and you just need too much SP to make a great build.

A solution would be to simply give them resistance rate passive of ultimate majins.

• Change it to something like 1,30 min cooldown, and 15 second duration when maxed.

The biggest issue with Grand Chefs is that they have low dmgs, aswell as lower utility than ultimate majins, and you just need too much SP to make a great build.

A solution would be to simply give them resistance rate passive of ultimate majins.

That would be a great replacement over that Defense Rate passive. Curious though. How do Grand Chefs have low damage?

That would be a great replacement over that Defense Rate passive. Curious though. How do Grand Chefs have low damage?

well in tw my friend remember asking a lvl 60 grand chef majin about some attacks,
    he basically said 'grand chef majin are like turtles just more tanking a bit less dmg'.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!