ATTACK SPEED IS BUGED COMPARED TO OLD DBO

• The speed WAS way faster and it's not even a fucking debate, it was lights ahead of current speed, it's not even close, just ask any legit players who used to do speed party or even speed fighter pvp, you would fuck up anything much much much more faster than with using spells, even if you critted for 100k.

• The speed WAS way faster and it's not even a fucking debate, it was lights ahead of current speed, it's not even close, just ask any legit players who used to do speed party or even speed fighter pvp, you would fuck up anything much much much more faster than with using spells, even if you critted for 100k.

Can confirm.

With the right setup your auto attack would do more damage than a constant Kaio crit set in regards to DPS (damage Per Second) retail was ridiculously easy with speed parties because you wouldn't even need to think about using your skills when you could auto attack things into oblivion :D

• yup @Cosmo...hey looks like I made an actual good post!

Should I tag Daneos?

;)

Your posts are full of mistakes and speculation. and slightly irritating responses to other users. I wasn't even talking to or quoting you i was agreeing with Sendoku as he was right about something (as he usually is since he is an experienced player)

You also contradicted yourself saying you made a good post by posting something off topic and with little benefit to the discussion.

• In my opinion the stuttering animation on global is still a hassle.

Now, the transformations...today 1 month and 3 weeks have past since db hunting has been implemented. I'm not saying that using ssj for the looks is bad, it's quite nostalgic to have ssj.

Anyways, i am not expecting tranaformations fixes until next year.

• i just tested on a human fighter, speed isnt bugged at all, its just like retail.

Don't be like that. "It seems to work" =/= "It's exactly like in retail"

We're looking at 80-90% attack speed total on a Martial Artist, which cannot be allowed to be slower than in that video. The point of attack speed is to temporarily deal more raw damage than you would with skills, which it simply doesn't do right now because of your character waiting awkwardly between each animation.

-Just to dispel any ping-affects-attack-speed myths, your character would still hit every auto-attack even with terrible ping. It'd simply skip animations sometimes and suddenly count every hit all at once.(which made for a painfully loud stacked punching sound) There are NO extra attacks invisibly happening due to lag or ping in DBOG. I've checked the combat log myself.

-There's no way the lvl 44 had much faster attack speed than Unfading OR me. Since 12% is the upper limit of attack speed on gloves AND sticks at level 44, that makes his max possible attack speed 91%.(12+12+17+50) And I HIGHLY doubt he was wearing perfect speed gear.

-Yes, the stutter happens to everyone, regardless of where they live.

-At 86% attack speed I unleash exactly 8 auto-attacks every 5 seconds. Used the combat log for proof. This guy doesn't seem to have his combat log active, but he's likely hitting around 15 attacks every 5 second. The fact I'm having trouble counting the amount of animations the lvl 44 went through, but am easily keeping up with my own, should say enough.

There's no argument here. Attack Speed is slower than in the video. It's ridiculous that people try to act like there's an "opinion" about it being slower or not. The numbers don't lie. If you're just trying to get rid of attack speed strategies, then ask for a lowered cap instead.

• @EchoSon

Man, thank you for letting all this out! I mean, right now, i'm so hated in these foruns i don't even know anymore. even if i am correct, people just don't take me seriously.

EchoSon, you are spot on, there is no way he has perfect speed gear for level 44. Comparing my 44 fighter with his 44 fighter back then, the numbers popping on his screen are way faster than my buggy wait to attack fighter.

• Maybe it is a visual bug where we can't see it client side as with the spiritualist speed restrain skill? Only the other player can see their character moving slower and if you use it on a mob they appear to move the same speed but won't attack until they actually get to you in regards to their lowered speed?

Can you check the speed the attacks register on the mob and compare them to if you have no buffs on?

Nothing is wrong with animation speed. It is 100% correct.

Thunder gives
    50% attack speed, 10% phys attack, 30% movement speed.

1100 aspd + 50% = 550 aspd. 550 milliseconds for each attack animation (some attack animations are longer so it can be between 550-650ms)

I hope it is a visual bug because it dont look right compared to retail

• I hope it is a visual bug because it dont look right compared to retail

I can't quite get it. I mean the evidence shown in both attack logs as well as videos shows that it clearly isn't visually showing the same results.

However the damage decrease may be due to the defense system still not being 100%? It could also be due to the stat calculations for SOUL and STRENGTH etc, not quite being how they were too?

Whatever it is i'm sure that by now almost all of you understand and respect that we are in a Pre-beta state. All of this will be fixed when we move onto Open-Beta which is what we should all remember before any/more arguments arise.

I myself did roll with a speed party back in TW but i wasn't the 'Speeder' I was the Healer and sometimes Buffer. When i did eventually get round to making a Speed fighter i chose the Karma Majjin which from my few looks through. No one has shown any information for so i can't accurately say in regards to this specific one as you're all showing and talking about a meelee Fighter :P

• Daneos already confirmed it is working 100% so go get some fking gear with a good amount of atk speed and stop complaining .

Think instead of blindly assuming Daneos can't be wrong. There's no reason to get attack speed when your skill's raw damage output is faster.

Whatever it is i'm sure that by now almost all of you understand and respect that we are in a Pre-beta state. All of this will be fixed when we move onto Open-Beta which is what we should all remember before any/more arguments arise.

Of course the goal is to fix as much as possible before the Open Beta, but how can it get fixed when Daneos thinks it's correct? Daneos would be correct if he was trying to say that 100% attack speed doubles autoattack speed exactly in DBOG. However, clearly in the retail version of DBO, attack speed increased it far more than that. He'll need to look into the calculations again to match those of DBO's, or see if he overlooked a glitch that's causing the stutter.

If he doesn't want to match Attack Speed to retail DBO, he can tell us that and the case is closed, but until then, we'll have to keep presenting evidence that he's mistaken.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

• :)
    • :(
    • ;)
    • :P
    • ^^
    • xD
    • ;(
    • X(
    • :*
    • :|
    • 8o
    • D:
    • <X
    • ||
    • :/
    • :S
    • X/
    • 8)
    • ?(
    • :huh:
    • :rolleyes:
    • <3
    • 8|
    • :cursing:
    • :thumbdown:
    • :thumbup:
    • :sleeping:
    • :whistling:
    • :evil:
    • :saint:
    • =O
    • :!:
    • :?:
    The maximum number of attachments: 10
    Maximum File Size: 1 MB
    Allowed extensions: bmp, gif, jpeg, jpg, pdf, png, txt, zip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!