Are we dodging like it should be?

• Greetings, I'm a veteran of Global, but I've never played the original game, so it's hard for me to compare this.

Last update modified the dodge rate. Since the release of global, I've encountered many people who played the original game telling me that fighters and swordmen should be dodging a lot more, specially fighters.

My question is: Is the dodge rate more like the original game since the last update or is it still way too far?

As a personal opinion, I consider that building Constitution and Anti-crit is better than Dex. Even though I'm full dex in clothes. I don't see much difference with the skills and debuffs you resist and dodge if you build anything instead of dex.

Please be respectful with your opinions.

• I still need to test when I reach level 70 with my dex gear, but I suspect dodge rate and resistance rate still is no where near how it use to be in Taiwan. I still have old footage of my fighter saved which I need to upload to youtube to demonstrate this, I also have footage of my brothers fighter that I need to upload too. We both had full dex fighters on dbo taiwan (dex build, dex on chest, boots, earrings and also resistance neckalce) and we use to dodge a lot more. We also had the legendary level 70 earrings with 34 dex on them from scramble and krakken dungeon.

Dodge rate was that good in taiwan that SK's would have a lot of trouble hitting fighters with bold strike even with focus gear on they would have difficulty. Now they hit it easy in this version without focus gear.

I'm a bit busy at the moment but when I have the time I will upload footage of my old character and demonstrate how much fighters use to dodge.

Also something to note: It should be near impossible for any other class to dodge hits unless they are extremely lucky. Fighters and swordsmen have the highest dodge rate in the game and they should be able to dodge the most, not other classes.

Here is a video of my old fighter in tw, the footage is a bit sped up but I use to dodge a lot. I will make a new post in this thread when I upload a new video demonstrating my dodge rate.

• Right now the dodge has been really hard to mantain, I was testing with a secondary character, and having at least 1600 of dodge rate being lvl 70, the character who was level 18 with clothes and a gauntlet of level 1, was able to hit me and even stun me constantly, not every time, but more than I think it should be. I personally think dodge is being calculated by chance based on level, and not the actual numbers of hit rate and dodge rate.

• Right now the dodge has been really hard to mantain, I was testing with a secondary character, and having at least 1600 of dodge rate being lvl 70, the character who was level 18 with clothes and a gauntlet of level 1, was able to hit me and even stun me constantly, not every time, but more than I think it should be. I personally think dodge is being calculated by chance based on level, and not the actual numbers of hit rate and dodge rate.

If that was the case then dodge and resist certainly isn't working correctly because it should be near impossible for a low level character to be able to hit you, only on a very rare occasion should they be able to.

• We used to dodge much more from level differences, for starters. A level 20 would NEVER hit a level 60, even if their dodge wasn't that great. And the dodge-rate cap was easily about 98/99% instead of 80% as it is now, so it's almost impossible to justify going for full DEX now. There's a big 1 in 5 chance even in optimal dodge conditions that you'll just get 1-shot since you gave up your CON for DEX. The little bit of extra crit can't justify getting 1-shot, and Kaioken's crit boosts are negligible at the current rate too.

For now..... CON = Master race.

• I dunno if DEX is truly worth maxing atm.
    It does not seem as accurate as it should be... But to be fully honest, dodge was always more luck based than everything.

Might still need some tweaks, but I cant really judge it since there are no max dex players atm

• I know CON is better than dex right now, but it's really hard to change that because CON 28 is too expensive and upgrade stones costs an entire account leveled up to 60 (jk). I will stay in 28 dex in chest and boots for a long time until I find at least 8 blue stones and the money to craft or buy something with 28CON or more. As much as I like the idea to dodge, you are right, one critical and you dissappear without effort.

I remember seeing in videos someone with 8k of LP and dodging way too much, and he was not killed with one hit at any moment, I have 10k LP and anybody with 20% and no upgrade critical can destroy me if they get a critical, my armor is only +5 each. Dex28 in chest and boots and Con27 in pants. Yeah, Im not the best neither the worst but I should be able to dodge something! It's like 3/10 every dodge.

• So today I just reached level 70, and I was able to put on my full dex gear (28 dex on boots and jacket) and it was like it didnt matter. I still need to get the dex earrings from the shenron wish but I bought some from the AH to, and also put on the plasma dex buff. I even wore a resistance necklace. Everything hit me. It was like my dodge rate and resistance rate were non existent. It really is broken and needs adjusting after the tests I had today. People were able to hit me without wearing focus and success rate gear which shouldn't be the case.

• Well... Thats still not MAX DEX.
    You can still get the shenron earrings and brown box them to get 24dex or higher

But still... Either way, its way too random.

Also, as it stands now, con sells for like 10kk to 20kk more than the max dex.

I know I'm not max dex, I said my build is based on DEX. Sadly I can't pay real money to buy Brown Boxes.
    If you sell something with CON28 for human at 20kk I'll definetly buy you those, because I've not seen that price in moths.

So today I just reached level 70, and I was able to put on my full dex gear (28 dex on boots and jacket) and it was like it didnt matter. I still need to get the dex earrings from the shenron wish but I bought some from the AH to, and also put on the plasma dex buff. I even wore a resistance necklace. Everything hit me. It was like my dodge rate and resistance rate were non existent. It really is broken and needs adjusting after the tests I had today. People were able to hit me without wearing focus and success rate gear which shouldn't be the case.

I've tried that too, but after seeing no change, I simply used CD in everything.

• But the resistance is against status such as stun, paralize, confusion. And it defenately works fine.
    I only suggest to have a different set of earrings when fighting majin or namek.
    The dodge, you're right. It should be changed a little bit.

• But the resistance is against status such as stun, paralize, confusion. And it defenately works fine.
    I only suggest to have a different set of earrings when fighting majin or namek.

I disagree, because I use to be able to wear full dex gear with my dex build and it was hard to land status alignments (such as stuns, paralysis, defbuffs etc) against myself and other fighters. People would have to wear a success rate necklace to counter my resistance, even then they would sometimes miss. Now they can land all status effects without wearing a a high success rate necklace (250 successrate +) or focus gear which indicates to me it isn't 100% accurate yet. As mentioned above a low level character was able to hit and land stuns against a high level character which doesn't sound right at all.

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!