Remove waiting time from skill reset

• Saying that you can experiment in Pre-Open Beta is false to be honest.
    In the end, things aren't right... not at all!

If someone used to "experiment" in pre-open beta when no diminishing existed and then had to quit the game and wait for OPEN BETA, they will choose the wrong class!

People left the game when Dodon Barrage did 3000 Bleed on UD3 Mobs wont know what happened when they try DoTs in Open Beta either.

Pre Open Beta, as for casuals or pros, is for trying different basic styles. Maybe you like to heal? Maybe you see Tanking is the best way to go? Or maybe you want a Sword on your back?
    Those are the questions you want to answer in Pre-Open Beta as a new (or sometimes even old) player.

• Hello,

Just wanted to clear things up, I confirmed with Daneos - again - that npc weekly skill reset is going to stay during Open Beta.

Regards,

Game is supposed to be similiar to taiwan,with few minor corrections...this aint minor.
    I just dont get why you guys want to change game content before it is in OB.
    I dont think it will bring good in future release (i dont reffer only on skill reset thing).
    Just my opinion,
    Regards

• Game is supposed to be similiar to taiwan,with few minor corrections...this aint minor.I just dont get why you guys want to change game content before it is in OB.
    I dont think it will bring good in future release (i dont reffer only on skill reset thing).
    Just my opinion,
    Regards

i totaly agree i don't think that u guys should remouve the CS items i know that it is private server but u guys won't have enough monney to keep the server ON why ? cuz simply peopole won't cash for esthitic item just remeber that peopole who cashed in pre open they will get there cash back in open beta so they won't cash any more !!! i think that this game isn't even close to bee p2w like it is know cuz evrey one can just mouve his ..... from Tatami and go grind to get monney or when the bids will gonna bee on just go and do bids and stop waiting for monney in tatami with selling stones and legendary items u can get enough monney each mounth to buy like 200 cp i do this u just need to find the right guy that won't scam u ^^ i think that dessison shouldn't bee taken by the staff it is for the community to decide if we keep or not the cs items !!! ( even if we know that many peopole would like to remouve them ) it is simple ecuation remouve the CS items = no future for this SERVER no new content no lvl caps !!! if it stays 2 years we are good -_-

• I dont mind having an npc reset once per week at POB test server.
    Still i think adding features at OB or full release,which makes the game a lot easier will make the game boring.
    IMO lot of players from old game came back because its a nice game and it was damn hard back then,which makes it challenging and fun,plus it stops players from quitting the game fast.

• It's not like people only cash for Reset Books.
    Wagu coins machine is still not working and Daneos may put anything he wants there (Dogis, Upgrade stones, Brown boxes, Z32, Kid Clock, pet food, Exp boost and Auto-pots).

I don't think that being able to reset makes the game easier and therefore boring.
    Old KR DBO was kinda boring having to buy repeatable quests over and over (back in lv55 cap). Imo, the server is heading in the right direction.
    Heck, if you want a hard game then remove the gift box, free dash flight, move transformations back to lvl50, make weapon/armour actually BREAK, remove Token Shop, auto-pots and make that you CAN'T reset even if below lvl30 (it was once like this in retail). And then you will see that it's not fun at all.

Wagu coins machine is still not working and Daneos may put anything he wants there (Dogis, Upgrade stones, Brown boxes, Z32, Kid Clock, pet food, Exp boost and Auto-pots).

I don't think that being able to reset makes the game easier and therefore boring.
    Old KR DBO was kinda boring having to buy repeatable quests over and over (back in lv55 cap). Imo, the server is heading in the right direction.
    Heck, if you want a hard game then remove the gift box, free dash flight, move transformations back to lvl50, make weapon/armour actually BREAK, remove Token Shop, auto-pots and make that you CAN'T reset even if below lvl30 (it was once like this in retail). And then you will see that it's not fun at all.

when i was playing there was token shop there was auto pots we could reset below lvl 30 maybe we wasn't in same server but i heard that Hk AND kR were much more easy then TW ^^

You know there's always the option to not reset your skills? The once a week addition isn't compulsory.

@TheProdige@Ultranovaxstyle

u are liying to you'r own self dude ^^ u will see when day i will gonna send u the same message that the day while the server will gonna stop and then we will see who was right ^^

Esthetic items don't sell? Boy, haven't you heard about League Of Legends?

Don't compare the Most played game in the world to a game that didn't open in eu and us secondly don't compare a MOBA to an MMORPG it is like u compare CS go to a Clash of clans not same type of game all here know that if we remouve the cs intersent items it will not help the game at all we all do know this there is just to kind of peopole there the one that admit it and the ones that don't ^^
    Rgards , God bless DBOG !!!!!!

• Stop being so petty. Of course the server and game aren't going to be open forever. There is not a single game or server in existence that will be open until the end of time.

Do i expect it to be open 10 or 20 years? no perhaps 8 at a push. Do you not understand that this change was something the community wanted? instead of bashing 1 decision you personally don't like you should think about how many other people are now happy and will keep playing now their builds and characters aren't messed up and they can explore and enjoy all of the skills available to them without wasting hours and hours to level new ones.

All you do is complain about this issue when it's happened to make a lot of people more happy. You also shit on the economy being bad. but this is a fix as people can no longer buy reset books and try to sell them for 800kk plus which you're banging on about constantly. Perhaps i'd take you more seriously if you didn't break rules then cry to staff on discord and such because you got scammed (when you admitted you knew you shouldn't be buying accounts anyway.)

u are liying to you'r own self dude ^^ u will see when day i will gonna send u the same message that the day while the server will gonna stop and then we will see who was right ^^

• when i was playing there was token shop there was auto pots we could reset below lvl 30 maybe we wasn't in same server but i heard that Hk AND kR were much more easy then TW ^^

If you understood what I said that's exactly my point (the reset thing was when transformations were still lvl50 for instance, in 2010 if im not mistaken). Over the time there have been introduced many changes that make the game at least more confortable/enjoyable. So I don't think that aiming to a static copy of TW version a good idea. Changes are welcome.

• Stop being so petty. Of course the server and game aren't going to be open forever. There is not a single game or server in existence that will be open until the end of time.

Do i expect it to be open 10 or 20 years? no perhaps 8 at a push. Do you not understand that this change was something the community wanted? instead of bashing 1 decision you personally don't like you should think about how many other people are now happy and will keep playing now their builds and characters aren't messed up and they can explore and enjoy all of the skills available to them without wasting hours and hours to level new ones.

All you do is complain about this issue when it's happened to make a lot of people more happy. You also shit on the economy being bad. but this is a fix as people can no longer buy reset books and try to sell them for 800kk plus which you're banging on about constantly. Perhaps i'd take you more seriously if you didn't break rules then cry to staff on discord and such because you got scammed (when you admitted you knew you shouldn't be buying accounts anyway.)

u are going out topic while u say that i was crying hahahahh u probably didn't read it well mister i know evrey thing ^^ craying means begging someone to give u somthing u shouldn't have did i do that ? well i don't think so what i asssume did is that i asked who just did it and u know why ? to go flame him as much as possible cuz he simply deserve it ^^ and about the 8 years even the half won't stay ^^ peace !!

• You know there's always the option to not reset your skills? The once a week addition isn't compulsory.

@TheProdige@Ultranovaxstyle

Tbh you are a good guy but some of your answer are just astonishing
    Btw community wants a lot of other stuff which would make them happy,but you dont make them...so its just a nonsense.
    Why the hell wouldnt i use skill reset if i can,i never said i wont.
    I was just giving my opinion as you ask from all community so we can get a conclusion to make the game better.
    But i guess people with different opinion than urs (some staff)are not welcome here because ur just spitting and making fun of other ideas...
    I quoted aru for a reason,cause he is a normal and polite person who can and is willing to talk about everything.

nah then make it as easiest as possible,bring back full speed and enjoi watching kid budokai character with 150cc aura running in korin

• Game is supposed to be similiar to taiwan,with few minor corrections...this aint minor.I just dont get why you guys want to change game content before it is in OB.
    Just my opinion,
    Regards

Hi Ultranovaxstyle,

The DBOG motto is "bringing back DBO as TW server right before shutdown minus the p2w". We could argue about how skill resets are (or aren't) p2w for a long time, but this should be discussed in a different topic (to be honest I'm thinking about closing this one unless the heated discussion calms down).

I don't see Skill Reset as part of game content, but rather a game functionality. Skill resets in mmo's have different pricings, and I believe they were a bit on the expensive side in DBO. Yes, it's one less item in cash shop, but I believe that there is going to be other great ways to keep donations coming (thinking about wagu machine).

If there is something I dislike about the weekly skill reset npc is that it's way too cheap, it should cost more and more as you level up (I believe TheProdige mentioned this as a zeni sink). So yeah, even if Daneos intends to keep the weekly skill reset npc, this doesn't mean that it will stay at the current price.

You know why we want to change game content before OB? Because POB is the time to test everything, even though people might disagree or agree with it. Every single update I receive at least one message criticizing either the choices or the extent of an update, and I'm ok with it. I don't think developing a game is about making everyone happy, and I believe many of the people that message me will agree with this on me (my PM's aren't always good news).

Open Beta is not the right time to try stuff out, it is the time to fix the last details before having a fully functional game. Depending on how things go whenever we get there, Daneos might consider keeping the game as it is or maybe not, I am not him and I honestly doubt he has all of that clear in his mind. And I think that's ok too, he works hard in order to make this server progress daily so it is kinda overwhelming thinking about it in concrete terms when there are still frustrating bugs like "character connected" that never seem to be fixed and annoy many players.

If you want to tell me about the other things that you believe won't do any good to the server in the future apart from skill resets you are welcome to PM me, I'll be glad to discuss it with you if you want.

Cheers,

Aru :dpeace:

• i will try to say somthing in french Dear Aru cuz i don't have any singel idea how to say it in english ( sorry for none french speakers )
    Avant tout salutations , donc ce que tu viens de cité y'a comme une sorte de contraste assez sombre je m'explique tu viens de nous dire que le server sera exactement comme celui de la taiwain en moins p2w ( chose que je ne suis en aucun cas d'accords avec mais je respect votre oppinon ainsi que votre point de vue camarade ) mais juste quellque ligne plus bas vous avez dit que Daneos pourrais eventuellement testez quellque truc et les laissez par la suite dans le vrai serveur donc je pense que le serveur sera pas exactement le méme qu'avant si il change quellque truc ( je vous cache pas que je commence a le resentir avec l'attaque speed vue que sa tard a étre fixé et j'ai l'impression que la communauté est divisé a sont sujet ^^ ne aux moins j'ai conssiance que y'a des update qui sont bien plus urgent a réglé peutétre que ce n'est qu'une simple impression ^^ ) tout ca pour dire que si c'est possible d'avoir une clarification aux sujet des update merci
    Cordialment

• i will try to say somthing in french Dear Aru cuz i don't have any singel idea how to say it in english ( sorry for none french speakers )Avant tout salutations , donc ce que tu viens de cité y'a comme une sorte de contraste assez sombre je m'explique tu viens de nous dire que le server sera exactement comme celui de la taiwain en moins p2w ( chose que je ne suis en aucun cas d'accords avec mais je respect votre oppinon ainsi que votre point de vue camarade ) mais juste quellque ligne plus bas vous avez dit que Daneos pourrais eventuellement testez quellque truc et les laissez par la suite dans le vrai serveur donc je pense que le serveur sera pas exactement le méme qu'avant si il change quellque truc ( je vous cache pas que je commence a le resentir avec l'attaque speed vue que sa tard a étre fixé et j'ai l'impression que la communauté est divisé a sont sujet ^^ ne aux moins j'ai conssiance que y'a des update qui sont bien plus urgent a réglé peutétre que ce n'est qu'une simple impression ^^ ) tout ca pour dire que si c'est possible d'avoir une clarification aux sujet des update merci
    Cordialment

What you got to understand is that a motto isn't an unbreakable rule. Trying to follow TW server path doesn't mean it has to be EXACTLY the same as it was, because most of the players will agree that TW cap 70 2013 right before shutdown wasn't the best balance moment of the game, but it had more content and those are the files that Daneos retrieved and work with as of now.

No contradiction whatsoever and I would like that something is clear for everyone: Daneos has the last word in everything, but he doesn't take decisions on his own either. Staff has many experienced - and new but really helpful and knowledgeable - players that contribute. Your own comments and threads on the forum also have an influence on what is decided (no, it isn't just for fun that we ask you what you want first or we want your opinion, even though you sometimes might feel as yours gets ignored).

As mentioned on my last reply, updates will always leave someone hanging out, waiting for that fix that will allow their class to unleash their full potential. Attack Speed is a hard subject, and again I am not going to discuss this in here because it is an off-topic.

If you care to develop (in PMs, not here) in which sense you disagree about the TW - p2w idea (apart from saying that the server is going to be dry on donations which I already said I believe it won't as reset books and white stones aren't the only thing that people buy), I'll be glad to discuss it with you.

No more French in an English thread please :c

Aru :D

• I didnt know you could reset your skills after lv 31 I just tried it on my main an wow. Yeah 1 week is acceptable but the problem is even if u are lv 1 and reset you still need to wait. I know its still pre open beta and they should focus on more important things than make you comfortable with only activating the 1 week after you hit lv 31, so I think there should be a message when u click on a skill reset npc telling you you can only reset once a week I dont know if it requires a lot of coding or if its easy to do but many people gonna start a new character with skills unkown to them and they gonna reset skills not knowing they will need to wait one week to do it again and because of that they will be just playing around with the sps maxing out skills that will help them in leveling.

• i have played many games and many MMORPG's most of them are P2W like : Arch Age , Saint Seiya Online , Elder Scroll Online so i know what an P2W looks like but in dbo as the taiwainees leave it it wasn't even close to bee P2W in this game u can pay to bee rich ( as all games with a Cash Shop) but u can also go farm grind once u are lvl 70 and try ur best to get stones that u will gonna sell or get a good stat in lvl 70 legendary stuff ( wich is the jackpot cuz it is rare ) i may understand why remouve the skill reset cuz reseting the skils shouldn't bee with real life monney but with ig monney with higher much more higher price for lvl 70 players specially for lvl 70 but about white stones and brown boxes , auto pots , even Auto pots should stay in CP maybe increase their price or maybe make it possible to drop in game but it have to stay in CS as well ( personnaly i think the only think that shouldn't bee in CS is Z32 ) i enjoyed talking to u Aru thanks for you'r time !!

• He said to Pm him to further that specific discussion.

i have played many games and many MMORPG's most of them are P2W like : Arch Age , Saint Seiya Online , Elder Scroll Online so i know what an P2W looks like but in dbo as the taiwainees leave it it wasn't even close to bee P2W in this game u can pay to bee rich ( as all games with a Cash Shop) but u can also go farm grind once u are lvl 70 and try ur best to get stones that u will gonna sell or get a good stat in lvl 70 legendary stuff ( wich is the jackpot cuz it is rare ) i may understand why remouve the skill reset cuz reseting the skils shouldn't bee with real life monney but with ig monney with higher much more higher price for lvl 70 players specially for lvl 70 but about white stones and brown boxes , auto pots , even Auto pots should stay in CP maybe increase their price or maybe make it possible to drop in game but it have to stay in CS as well ( personnaly i think the only think that shouldn't bee in CS is Z32 ) i enjoyed talking to u Aru thanks for you'r time !!

• The last reply was more than 365 days ago, this thread is most likely obsolete. It is recommended to create a new thread instead.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!